Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeast size?  (Read 1395 times)

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werebeast size?
« on: February 23, 2017, 05:39:30 pm »

Does anyone know the size of wererhinos? Trying to find an animal-man who's size is similar enough so I can fit some armor for a character's werebeast form, but I'm reluctant to fit them for Rhinomen because I fear wererhinos might be bigger.
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeast size?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »

That sounds fairly pointless, as weres won't pick up armor, so the only way to armor a were is to have the base form being sufficiently close to the were one to allow the regular armor to say on after transformation.
(And no, I don't know how were sizes are determined, so I can't answer the actual question).

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:58:31 pm »

That sounds fairly pointless, as weres won't pick up armor, so the only way to armor a were is to have the base form being sufficiently close to the were one to allow the regular armor to say on after transformation.
(And no, I don't know how were sizes are determined, so I can't answer the actual question).
The idea behind it is so that my adventurer can ultimately wear the armor, not one of my dwarves. I posted this in Dwarf Mode because the question I'm asking (sizes for fitted armor) relates to dwarf mode.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:02:44 pm by McNoodlehead »
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 06:22:16 pm »

There's probably a dfhack way to get info on a particular unit. Try posting over there.

- Urist, why do you lug around that massive armour everywhere you go?
- Oh, I, er...no reason. Just think it looks nice...

And that leaves us with the question, does a were-rhino grow to a specific size, or by a specific size?
If a dwarf grows to the size of a rhino-man when he becomes a wererhino, will a rhino-man wererhino get bigger? Or stay the same size?
And if it stays the same size, does that mean a rhinoman turning into a wererhino will keep its armour on when it transforms?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:28:24 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »

There's probably a dfhack way to get info on a particular unit. Try posting over there.

And that leaves us with the question, does a were-rhino grow to a specific size, or by a specific size?
If a dwarf grows to the size of a rhino-man when he becomes a wererhino, will a rhino-man wererhino get bigger? Or stay the same size?
And if it stays the same size, does that mean a rhinoman turning into a wererhino will keep its armour on when it transforms?
I think they grow to a specific size. Get a polar bear-man and fit him some armor, then make him a werehamster and see if he can still fit into his polar bear-man fitted armor. If he can, they grow by a specific size. If he can't, they grow to a specific size. I know for a fact human werehamsters are smaller than polar bear-men.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 01:52:52 am »

There are some werebeasts which can keep armour on when transforming, yeah. Weregophers, I think?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 02:12:10 am »

I think they grow to a specific size. Get a polar bear-man and fit him some armor, then make him a werehamster and see if he can still fit into his polar bear-man fitted armor. If he can, they grow by a specific size. If he can't, they grow to a specific size. I know for a fact human werehamsters are smaller than polar bear-men.

I love how I took this seriously the first time reading it.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 02:30:53 am »

I love how I took this seriously the first time reading it.
I was being serious...

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 09:07:59 am »

I think some real !SCIENCE! needs to be done on this subject.
To the beer!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 10:56:58 am »

I think some real !SCIENCE! needs to be done on this subject.
What do you think needs to be tested that hasn't been yet?

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 11:03:00 am »

See if werebeast have standard sizes, and if so, a kind of list of sizes for each werebeast.
To the beer!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 03:17:29 pm »

I'm fairly certain that an infected will always 'grow' to a particular size, since the were-transformation is just them turning into another defined creature.

Looking at the world.dat files from two saves, it seems that wererhinos are always size 1000000.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »

I'm fairly certain that an infected will always 'grow' to a particular size, since the were-transformation is just them turning into another defined creature.

Looking at the world.dat files from two saves, it seems that wererhinos are always size 1000000.
THANK YOU.

Unfortunately, that means rhinomen are larger than wererhinos, and they're one of the only animalmen that come close to that size. That means armor for a wererhino seems impossible, not because they're too big, but because they're too small.

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 08:03:49 pm »

Creatures have to be within a range of +- 1/7 to fit into the same armor size.

There are no animal men within wererhino's range unfortunately.

I have had success with moosemen and werepanda's however.