Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Something has landed on Stronghold and caused 'strange occurance'. Should we investigate this unexplainabke threat or ignore it?

Investigate- Science demands it!
Ignore- it is trivial before our might, we have more important things to do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Stellaris Let's Play- Dead due to Broken Save  (Read 10717 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Fleet Status
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 06:20:54 pm »

Military

Venture-Class

ISS Jubilant
ISS Vagabonds Memory
ISS Viper
ISS Fierce
ISS Faithful

Civilian

Pillar-Class Construction Ship
ISS Trojan
URIST Raining Tides

Trailblazer-Class Science Vessel (S.A.S.S)
ISS Maxwell

Surveyor-Class Probe
ISS Usurper
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:17:18 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Honored Dead
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 06:21:33 pm »

The Honored

Zienab Alawi, Scientist, Surveyor and Explorer
Maxwell, Surveyor

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:44:06 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play Set-Up Vote.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:25 am »

Xenophobic + Fanatically Individualist*!  If you can play as that, you can play as anything.

*Or as I call it, USA mode.  :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:10 am »

I'd suggest the whole Stellar Expansion series of mods.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:36:09 pm »

I'd suggest the whole Stellar Expansion series of mods.
Noted and done.
Xenophobic + Fanatically Individualist*!  If you can play as that, you can play as anything.

*Or as I call it, USA mode.  :P

Oh boy. That'll be... interesting. You've convinced me!

Give me time to set up.

GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 03:01:49 pm »

Reserved.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:48:01 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- The Sovereign Stronghold THose Selfish Little-
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 01:36:09 am »

2200.01.01 Toady One System-Stronghold’

The Sovereign Stronghold have decided to reach for the stars. I have fought tooth and scale to get all Lu-Nin to this point and make them agree on this, and now the Guardian Council- the bunch of inflated ingrates- have given me the title of Overseer, an ancient and frankly disliked position with a face of near-complete authority. Thanks for painting a target on my back. They didn’t even get my name right in the broadcast. Wait, drown that- they didn’t even get my name at all.

First order of business- send our entire navy- all three Venture-Class ships of it- out to make sure our continued existence… continues. Hopefully, nothing is out there.
Meanwhile, the ISS Decimator, our Trailblazer-class Science Aeronautic Survey Ship (S.A.S.S) will survey our home system to ensure our sanctity of mind.

2200.01.18 Toady One System-Millineux

The Decimator has finished completed its first survey, that of the toxic world known as Millineux. The sensors performed to the promised standards, the toxic world is toxic. No news is good news. The Head Scientist aboard the vessel, Zeinab Alawi, has proven to be meticulous, which makes for boring reading on my end right now. At least when Egg Sac hits the prop I’ll know why… and who to blame.

2200.02.18 Paturn System-Outer Gravity Well

Our first manned Wormhole Jump went through without a hitch, ignoring a few lost lunches and a couple of minds slipping further into Frenzy. The aptly named ISS Jubilant has made it to the Paturn System, and has reported no contacts, unfriendly or otherwise. They are now heading to Gohio to make sure it’s clear as well. The ISS Viper has reported similar finding at the Diceri System.

2200.03.23 Toady One System- Asteroid AT-21-12

It is as we feared. The Legends are true. The Decimator has found evidence proving the cold metal ones are real, as was their crusade against life. We must ready to scatter across the cosmos to survive, like our predecessors, and do anything to keep ourselves alive. At least we have a proper name for this ancient curse: Cybrex.

2200.04.23 Toady One System-Stronghold

The rest of the Guardian Council doubts the findings, and treat the findings as a joke! Despite my best attempts, the public treats the findings as a joke- I’ve heard some ponder aloud that perhaps Zeinab has fallen into Frenzy! I must find further proof…

2200.05.09 Toady One System- Stronghold

The Council has ordered an Initiative to find and catalogue habitable worlds and make a classification system for them. If only they’d be as industrious in protecting Lu-Nin as they were in preparing for us to spread out…

Meanwhile, some son of a acidic barnacle has been either crazy or enterprising enough to try to build a mining facility… in the asteroid belt. Should they manage to not get perforated by all the debris somehow, they will be a major boon to our economy! Only reason this got my attention was the Facility is being built in Asteroid AT-21-12… I had to make some calls and make sure they know which part was a restricted area, knowledge which I haven’t made public.

2200.07.06 Toady One System- Aurora

Zeinab just reported finding what he and his crew believes to be traces of a World-class war on Aurora. Were the Cybrex here? I have ordered further investigation immediately.

2200.08.02 Shuyesh System- Shuyesh II Orbit

The ISS Fierce has reported what appears to be a world much like our own! I’ve ordered another Trailblazer-Class S.A.S.S (I don’t care if the Council hates the acronym, why do you think I made it in the first place?) so we can survey this system in all due haste! When the Council asked, I truthfully told them it was for their Habitable World Survey. They didn’t need to know the Decimator isn’t doing that, and they didn’t ask. I’d say suckers, but that’s racist.

2200.08.06 Etzios System- Etzio Outer Gravity Well

Another possibly habitable world, one which Zeinab has told me his assistants are already dubbing a “High-Altitude Jungle World”, which is a fancy way of saying that while it’s warm and moist enough for Lu-Nin, any colony built there is probably going be far from a nice, warm ocean.

By coincidence, it also happens to be the last system in range of our Wormhole ‘Envelope’. If we wish to explore further, I’ll have to drag funding out of the Council, probably thrashing about like Fanged Iridescent Blood Shark. Something to ‘look forward to’. What? No, those aren’t ‘tentacle quotes’. Not at all.

2200.08.16 Toady One System- Aboard the Decimator

The Cybrex were not the cause of the World-class war on Aurora. The inhabitants wiped themselves out.

If a race is capable of doing that to itself, imagine what horrors they could do to us. The fact that they were at about our level of tech only makes things worse- this isn’t some super-advanced ‘bogeyman’ from our ancient past, this is something that could happen to us now, with what we already have.

The Council may not believe in the Cybrex, but this… even they now fear for our continued existence. We may all be working for our own gain, but we all need to be alive for that to work.

We must prepare.

2200.10.02 Toady One System- Stronghold

Our second Trailblazer Class, the Vagabond, has been launched and is making its way to Shuyesh.

In other news, that son of a acidic barnacle actually did it, they built that mine and have been pulling a profit for months while I was busy elsewhere. It’s been so successful they’ve formed a company, and now they are beginning to clear out the Sakeni Yotta Ika Slums, and plan on building a Power Plant there to take advantage of the hydroelectric potential of the area. Excellent, I hope they succeed- better economy means more resources heading my way.

2200.12.21 Toady One System- Stronghold

Zeinab has completed the survey of our home system- thankfully, there aren’t any hidden threats here. I’ve already given the Decimator orders to survey Etzios, and immediately upon arriving they report that someone is building a wormhole station there! Apparently, the Council gave them orders- and more importantly, funding- to build a wormhole station there, and lent them our nations sole construction ship.

What are they up to? I’ve ordered the ISS Fierce to protect them- if it also allows me to keep an eye on them- and by proxy the Council- who needs to know?

2201.02.15 Shuyesh System- Shuyesh II

Shuyesh II is nearly perfect for habitation! I’d order a Colony Ship designed, but that company is once again a step ahead of me. To my surprise, and more surprisingly that of the Council, they’ve been building one for about two months. I finally got curious and looked them up- URIST Mandate Industries.

2201.02.23 Etzios System- Etzios IV

There are signs of life on what should be a barren, inhospitable rock. I’ve ordered an investigation.

2201.03.11 Toady One System- Stronghold

There is an unknown faster-than-light object on course for Toady One. Unfortunately, out of the three vessels that currently make up our navy, none are in system. We can only hope and pray.

2201.03.19 Toady One System- Stronghold

…HOW DO THESE EXIST.

The threat appears to be something… alive. I don’t mean that there are aliens manning the vessels. Oh, no no no, the aliens… ARE the vessels.

They look bizarrely similar to some creatures from our oceans, except the size of our Venture-Class ships- no, larger even- and in space. The smaller amoeba-like things flitting between them only further confuse matters.

As if that wasn’t enough, they simply… appeared. No wormhole opening ages before hand, just a sudden flash of light and they were there. It’s similar enough scientifically that we could detect them enroute with our sensors, but it’s left scientists baffled. I’m just happy we can see them coming.

What do they eat? How aren’t they dead? Why do they look like they came out of an ocean? What do the smaller ‘vessels’ do?

What threat do they pose?

Scientists have no idea what to classify them as, but the public has already taken to calling them the “Theta Menace”. They are demanding we keep them safe from these... creatures. The Council and I have agreed to a cease fire in what I call the ‘Budget War’ to save our heads from the chopping block… somehow.

Spoiler: READ ME! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:31:38 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- THose Selfish Little-
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 02:20:46 pm »

Good job, try not to die.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Cruel Universe and Mystery City
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 02:12:22 am »

2201.04.25 Toady One System- Stronghold

The Theta Menace… left. No one knows why, though some have suggested that they were merely ‘scouts’- personally I think they aren’t intelligent enough for that. Interestingly, their new course is in the direction of the Galactic Core, which means they must have a longer range than our ships… we can’t simply outrun them that way.

The problems they’ve caused didn’t leave with them- our society has been left shaken by this close call. Already, I’m being asked ‘What will we do next time?’ By now, I’m sure everyone has heard my reply of ‘give me the resources, I’ll give you the ships’- what do they expect me to do with three ships? Just because we’re all in this for ourselves doesn’t mean we ignore something which could be the end of all of us. If that means I have to pay up now, at least I’ll be alive later to say ‘I was right.’

2201.05.04 Etzios System- Etzios IV

An abandoned complex of domed structures made of ‘advanced materials’ has been found on Etzios IV. At this time, our sensors aboard the Trailblazer-class simply aren’t capable of penetrating these structures, and we don’t have anything capable of breaking through the material they are built of.

I’ve ordered the ISS Viper into system as a precaution.

2201.06.21 Etzios System- Etzios Outer Gravity Well

URIST Mandate Industries has completed the wormhole station in Etzios, greatly expanding our range.

Rather coincidentally- not- they’ve also announced the planned production of a new type of craft: the Surveyor-class Probe. It lacks the sensors of a Trailblazer-class, nor does it have the firepower of a Venture-class… but it is cheap and more importantly to me, expendable- no more risking what little ships we have! Of course, they just intend to give the civilian market something to play with, but I’m sure we can reach an agreement.

It won’t be available until after they finish that colony ship, but the specs look promising. 

2201.10.09 Toady One System- Stronghold

Our first colony ship has launched! Unbelievably, URIST had planned to use it to explore. Hah! I had to offer some… ‘incentives’ to colonize Shuyesh II. At the end of the day, I had to promise a ship to defend them and to endorse their new probes, which I did by placing the first order.

I’m rather amused that my Trailblazer class surveys and their Surveyor class trailblazes.

2201.11.24 Toady One System- Stronghold

URIST Mandate Industries have finished building their power plant in the former Sakeni Yotta Ika Slums, to thunderous applause. Already, they’ve announced their intentions to do the same in the Malady Ghetto.

They’ve also launched their first probe, finally giving me the chance to order the fleet to regroup to better prepare against any future threats.

Personally, I’ve got to admire how they’ve timed so many successes to happen in a single year- they’ve ensured that everyone will know who they are, and in a way which profits them. I feel like I should be taking notes, they’ve accomplished as much as I have in as few years as I have, if not less.

2201.12.11 Paturb System- Paturn V

Deinab has reported finding yet another world which appears to have been struck by a World-class War. It’s suspiciously similar to what we found on Aurora…

2202.02.09 Paturn System- Paturn V

The inhabitants suffered the same fate as those on Aurora. Why is the rest of the Universe so determined to crush Civilization? Is there something watching us, ready to wipe us out once it gets bored of us?

…Perhaps there are survivors living in the Domed Complex on Etzios IV? A naïve hope perhaps, but also a concern- a race willing to wipe itself would have no qualms in attempting the same on us.

I’ve ordered two Venture-class ships to better protect us, hopefully they won’t ever be necessary.

2202.02.17 Shuyesh System- Rampart Colony

The Colony Ship, The Defiance, has begun colonization efforts above the recently renamed ‘Rampart’ colony in Shuyesh.   While the populace celebrates this achievement, the Guardian Council has authorized an edict to redouble or research efforts and ‘encourage free thought’, so as to overcome some of the difficulties URIST is coming across in colonizing Rampart- apparently, some of the wildlife is quite nasty.

Personally, I’m just happy I’ve already staked my claim on a nice little vacation spot. I hope to retire comfortably before I lose my mind… probably from another attempt to cut my budget.

2202.09.03 Toady One System- Stronghold

An initiative to study the stars made it’s way onto my desk again. Stars as in suns, not systems… apparently the hope is that by studying them we can know what dangers they may have. Personally, I think there are other threats I should be worried about- but the funds I’ll get from this are well worth the time that will be spent scanning stars, and I wouldn’t like to be proven wrong.

In other news, I’ve taken the fleet and organized it into Strike Force ‘Dawning Light’, and handed the command over to Admiral Ise  Ishad Ishanduko Naidoo. His cautious approach is… appropriate.

2202.12.06- Toady One System- Stronghold

Our probe in Maaarza has detected a… flottila of Theta Menace in the Erinis System.

The system is just outside of our wormhole envelope, but even if they were not the data collected from their previous incursion suggests that our current weaponry may not be effective. It’s an… sombering thought. On the bright side, the probe has already proven useful as a low risk scout.

2203.03.04- Shuyesh System, Rampart Colony

The Rampart colony has finally settled into place! I have graciously paid for the construction of a Hydroponics Farm- URIST Mandate Holdings has proven to be quite useful, afterall- getting on their good side now should be worth it down the line.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:43:54 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 02:16:43 am »

Good job, try not to die.

Don't worry, it's not like there is at least 13 other empires just waiting for me to find them, practicing their backstabbing while they wait. ;)

Edit: Our Current Fleet Status
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:35:27 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 03:28:08 am »

This is really cool.

Edit: Can you change the names of generals and other important figures? If you can then could I please be made a future general?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:02:12 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 07:12:36 pm »

This is really cool.

Edit: Can you change the names of generals and other important figures? If you can then could I please be made a future general?
Sure, just know that generals are the ones who lead the invasions on the ground in Stellaris- Admirals control the fleet.

Edit: Another update tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:30:01 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 03:07:50 am »

This is really cool.

Sure, just know that generals are the ones who lead the invasions on the ground in Stellaris- Admirals control the fleet.

Edit: Another update tomorrow.
Oh, in that case I'll be an admiral.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Worrisome Archeology.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:33 pm »

2203.06.12- Toady One System- Stronghold

Apparently, that Star Study may give fruit after all- Mahdi Khadem, a renowned Physics scientist, has already claimed it has sped up the development of Fusion Reactors by decades.

Genius though he may be, Scientists have been claiming they’ve unlocked the secret of fusion for years- I’m more interested in how it’s helped my public image- apparently, I’m the “face of scientific advancement”… if only they knew.

Some crazy, suicidal have started a intersystem trade network… by taking the still-new, unregulated, dangerous Wormhole Drive technology and making their own out of scrap. This level of audacity has left even URIST scrambling to catch up, and they have access to our wormhole stations to start with!

Any protest the Council or I would make was drowned in indignant support for “freedom of movement” and “the right for free markets”. If I weren’t technically civilian myself, I would curse them. Blue-blooded damned paperwork. If anyone dies to those contraptions, they will have no sympathy from me.

2203.10.06 Paturn System- Paturn IVa

There are signs of a precursor race on Paturn IVa. Cybrex?

2203.12.17 Paturn System- Paturn IVa

Apparently it is a Cybrex research station… I’d be more enthused if it were not for what was found inside. Within, were the vacuum-preserved remains of dozens of alien species that had been experimented on- surgically and methodically taken apart, organs replaced with machinery and circuitry in some horrifying attempt to meld metal and organic. Why would the Cybrex do this? What were they trying to do, was this actually a torture chamber? An attempt to ‘assimilate’ life?

Their reasons may well not be known until long after my lifetime- the technology behind their computers is much more advanced than ours…

2204.02.04 Toady One- Stronghold

After a lot of arguing, politics, assasinations and outright bribery, the the Council has sucessfully called for Planetary Unification. Officially, the Sovereign Stronghold has never stood so united!

Unofficially, now everyone who didn’t have a voice in interstellar matters does, and we are actually more divided amongst ourselves. We’ve simply gotten everyone to agree that Lu-Nin will stand together against those who would end us, then return to our usual back stabbing as per usual.

At least I get a bigger budget to go with all the new hands in my buisness. I thought the Council was bad…

2204.05.27 Hemum System- Hemum III

We’ve detected more precursor ruins on Hemum III, it is rather unnerving how close to home we are finding these. The enemy could be just around the corner, or waiting on the other side of the galaxy- the not knowing will drive me into insanity.

2204.08.06 Hemum System- Hemum III

There may be hope after all- Hemum III appears to have once been the site of a large Cybrex base, but now all the remains is some debris and a crater. Do we have an unknown ally? Or is it the first sign of a even greater threat… unfortunately, until someone cracks the secrets of Cybrex technology we will be left in the dark.

2204.10.07 Hemum System- Hemum II

The Hemum System is worryingly active- we’ve found more signs of precursor activity, this time in orbit of Hemum II. This is alarming- it took some convincing and back-room deals, but I’ve ordered the construction of another Venture-class. 

2204.12.15 Hemum System- Hemum II

The traces of precursor activity in orbit of Hemum II were actual Cybrex.

Dead ones, at least.

Two Cybrex ‘Warforms’ have been discovered in orbit of Hemum II, destroyed. Just the remains alone are larger than our spaceport and the remains aren’t even a fraction of their size if the signs of vaporization of the rest are anything to go by… our corvettes don’t stand a chance.

They appear to have bee destroyed in battle, yet no traces of their enemy appears to have been left behind- no debris, no wrecks… were the Cybrex, a race which could crush us like a bug, so horribly outmatched they couldn’t even put up any resistence?

I’ve ordered an research project into the remains immediately. Highest priority. We need to know who could do this… and if they would do it to us.

2205.03.03 Toady One System- Stronghold

URIST has just released a powered exoskeleton on the open market. Already, various industries are seeing a massive boost in production. I heard the Council ordered the armies under their control to outfit themselves with the things- I have little power groundside, but I hve to say I approve of this move.

…I admitted my approval of something the council did without getting anything out of it. Perhaps I should see a Doctor.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:33:53 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4