Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Something has landed on Stronghold and caused 'strange occurance'. Should we investigate this unexplainabke threat or ignore it?

Investigate- Science demands it!
Ignore- it is trivial before our might, we have more important things to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Stellaris Let's Play- Dead due to Broken Save  (Read 10704 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Cruel Universe and Mystery City
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 09:04:59 pm »

Good job, try not to die.

Don't worry, it's not like there is at least 13 other empires just waiting for me to find them, practicing their backstabbing while they wait. ;)

Edit: Our Current Fleet Status

Don't worry.  I'm sure at least some of those Xeno scum will have made themselves stronger by culling the weaker, so maybe you'll face 4-5 superpowers instead of 13+ comparable empires!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Worrisome Archeology.
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 12:04:31 am »

The next update is going to be very interesting- there is some action, and I've even got something for you guys to vote on. All next time, on Dragon Bal- opps, got carried away. ;)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 03:44:15 am »

...So, is that a yes to being made an Admiral?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 05:44:29 pm »

Sick today, update tomorrow.

Yes. Yes it is, as you will see.

EDIT:Sneaky Hint on the next chapter:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:04:45 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 10:02:45 pm »

Sick today, update tomorrow.

Yes. Yes it is, as you will see.

Dead Admiral Walking

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Pirate Raid and a trip to the Zoo
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 08:24:08 am »

2205.06.19 Hemun System- Hemun II

Well, the findings from Hemun II are… baffling. Apparently, the two Cybrex were fight each other. While it does explain the lack of non-Cybrex debris, what would make them turn on each other?

Unfortunately, even if we had the technology to find out, the two Cybrex warforms appear to have both self-destructed when it became obvious that they were both immobilized, to deny any others who may stumble across the debris. The remains we have, however, point in interesting directions- the scientific community is going frantic trying to theorize what could do this kind of damage.

2205.08.21 Oclemosu System, Outer Gravity Well

URIST has built another worm hole station, this time in Oclemosu. While I’m glad for the extra range, I’ve politely asked for my construction ship back.

I may have hinted at the possibility of them being granted their own if they gave my ships free access to their wormhole stations instead of charging me per trip. If all goes well, we will be exploring the new frontier within the month.

2205.09.12 Toady One System, Stronghold

The Decimator has- finally- completed its survey of the Hemun System. I’m happy to say nothing else has been found, though we’ll have to return to Hemun III at some point. Hemun System: the gift that keeps on giving.

2205.10.23 Toady One System, Stronghold

I held my end of the bargain- URIST just announced the launch of their own construction ship, the URIST ‘Raining Tides’. With them satisfied, I now of full access to any wormhole stations they may build in the future.

2205.12.10 Toady One System- Stronghold

I didn’t think they could do it, and never in my wildest dreams did I believe it would be because of the Star Study.

The scientists who worked on the Star Study- including Mahdi Khadem and Zeina, of course- decided to announce its completion by inventing Fusion Power Plants. Yes, you read that right.

Apparently, the look on my face has already become memetic. I suspect I’ll be hearing about this for as long as I live.

2206.04.19 Veerce System, Veerce I

Zeinab found and investigated a strange abandoned Solar Sail ship in orbit of Veerce I. Nothing of note, beyond the salivating engineers knocking on my door. I’ve started a database that non-confidential data like this can be accessed by the public… for a fee, of course.

2206.10.03 Paturn System- Paturn IV

They’ve put that construction ship to good use- earlier today URIST Mandate Holdings announced that they’ve completed the construction of a Energy Relay System in the atmosphere of Paturn IV. They claim to have lowered a series of specially designed wind turbines into the gas giant to harness the energy created by the massive storms raging across the planet. They relay that power to a facility in orbit, where it’s stored for sales back home.

I am still wrapping my gills around the amount of logistics it would take to get such a system working. They are getting intimidating.

2206.11.26 Shuyesh System- Shuyesh III

While not as grand as URIST’s undertakings, I am satisfied with the completion of a orbital lab above an alien planet. By studying the toxins in the atmosphere of Shuyesh III, Lu-Nin biological research should advance significantly in the coming years.

2206.12.2 Veerce System, Veerce V

The Decimator has found an alien mural on the surface of Veerce V, covered in alien writing. Zeinab has suggested that it could be a territorial marker or warning and got my approval to investigate.

2207.03.11 Shuyesh System- Rampart

Rampart has officially received their Governor!
Shiori Kato, formerly Governor of Stronghold, has been reassigned to take advantage of his vast experience. Meanwhile, Hua He is the new Governor of Stronghold.

I’ve given them full access to all the information I have so there are no surprises, and hopefully gain their trust. I may one day need an in on things groundside, I can’t afford to simply rely on just the Council and the rumoured Unified Committee being formed as a part of the reorganization as a result of Planetary Unification. The tides are changing- and I don’t plan I being sucked into the undertow.

2207.06.29 Toady One System- Stronghold

Pirates.

I have to deal with pirates now.

I… honestly, I should have seen this coming. Our society encourages, no, even romanticizes them. The common Lu-Nin, striking at the big corporations to better their way in life. Clever, opportunistic, successful… what more could the average person want?

Let the hunt begin. I’ve ordered another Venture-class to aid in hunting these “Star Wretches”, time for the soon-to-be-famous Admiral ‘Tankit’ Naidoo to prove himself.

2207.07.02 Veerce System- Veerce V

That mural is a massive depository of scientific knowledge left by someone… over 80 million years ago.

I need a drink.

2207.08.09 Shuyesh System- Shuyesh IV

Someone really messed up- Shuyesh IV isn’t a small gas giant after all- It is in fact, a barren planet with a very dusty and gaseous atmosphere.

I’ve spent the day firing a lot of people for that embarra-

There are Pirates in Paturn.

…I’ve never seen that design before, I wonder where they are building these? I’ve ordered Admiral ‘Tankit’ to engage before these pirates engage the Paturn IV Power Relay.

2207.08.26 Paturn System- Paturn IV

The Star Wretches have engaged the Power Relay Station above Paturn IV. URIST’s security forces are using its defences to fight a delaying action so the civilians can complete their evacuation. It’s never been more apparent to me that I’m just a well-off paper-pusher…

2207.09.17-2207.11.15 Paturn System- Paturn Pirate Skirmish

‘Tankkit’ Naidoo arrives leading Strike Force ‘Dawning Light’. Another ship, the ISS Forger, is on its way straight off the drydock- but until then the six ship fleet must hold its own.

The Paturn Power Relay reports that they have some kind of strange deflector shield- where are they getting this tech!? Our greatest scientists have only speculated the possibility of deflectors… have the pirates found something?

‘Naidoo’ swiftly takes down one ship which had its deflector shields severely weakened by the station, not that we knew that at the time.

Attempts to hail to get their surrender are ignored, fierce fighting follows.

By 2207.11.15, just under two months of fighting and give-and-take, we’ve destroyed them at the cost of one Venture-class- the ISS Fierce will be remembered. In honour of their memory, URIST has announced the construction of a newly designed defensive platform named in their memory. Construction begins next month.

Zienab has been ordered to go through the debris- those pirates had advanced technology, let’s make it ours.

2208.01.09- Shuyesh System, Rampart

The harvest from Rampart has been plentiful and the influence I’ve gained as a result is a boon- I ‘convinced’ URIST Mandate Holdings to colonize Rampart, after all.

2208.06.09 Toady One System- Stronghold

The generous donations of several concerned shipping companies have funded the construction of two more Venture-class ships. Once Research and Development has reorganized after the “Shuyesh III Fiasco” (which, thankfully, got forgotten due to the Paturn Pirate Skirmish), work will begin on shields of our own.

2208.09.06 Paturn System- Paturn IV

The “Fierce Memorial” Defense Platform has been brought online! Boasting the largest guns ever made by the Sovereign Stronghold, it has been put under a joint command between me and URIST Mandate Holdings and is now the current headquarters of Admiral ‘Tankkit’.

2209.01.08 Toady One System- Stronghold

I… I can’t talk about this. I’ll just leave this file and try to forget that grisly, confusing, awful mess and hope nothing kills me.

In other news, with some tweaks to our equipment we may well be able to investigate the Domed Complex on Etzios IV. I’ll… just focus on that.

2209.08.27 Etzios System, Etzios IV

The Domed Complex was the very tip of a massive cavernous zoo built 40 000 years ago!

I’m spending the next couple days be led through by the team who made the discovery, and I am in awe- the facility autonomously manages itself and all of its ‘residents’!

Unfortunately, its age is beginning to show- systems are beginning to fail that it appears the automated systems can’t handle. With it failing within the next millennium, it is with a heavy heart that I’ve decided we’ll…

POLL TIME!

What will we do with the Domed Facility Zoo?
A)   Break Down the machinery and reverse-engineer the technology
+60.0 Engineering Research Progress
Rare Tech Optioned Gained: Nutrient Replication
5.0% Tech Progress Gained: Nutrient Replication

B)   Turn it into a dissection lab.
Etzios IV will gain a permanent +6 Society Research
(Will need to a orbital research lab built at Etzio IV)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:47:31 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 11:09:36 am »

:) I'm happy that 1, my first mission was a success, and 2, I'm still alive. Don't admirals and important people usually have their own special traits and stuff? If so, then can I please get to look at all my character infomation?

Now, for the fancy IC text.

Tankkit was standing next to a table with 2 other people, multiple tools scattered all over the place, as well as alot of machinery. The machinery itself was all that remained of the 'Star Wretches', a bunch of pirate scum that had tried to destroy the Paturn IV Relay station, and who Tankkit had fought in a battle that cost him a ship and alot of good lives. Tankkit himself was currently studying the strange technology that the Star Wretches had used during the battle and in their ships, for they were using very different technology to what was normally used by creatures of their race, which was what worried Tankkit so much. Where did they get all this? Was there more of it? Was it from... the Cybrex? All these questions were running through his mind. He hadn't made much progress so far, and was just about to give up when he noticed something strange; a bright blue glow coming from within the machinery. As soon as he saw it, he froze. So far, all Cybrex technology had been either too complicated for them to be able to properly use, or it was completely destroy and mangled beyond repair or study.

So how the hell did the pirates manage to create entire ships using Cybrex technology? Crude ships, yes, but Cybrex technology ships. He immediatly went off to the docking bay to collect his ship, he needed to tell this to the council.

This ok? I decided to add some flavour to the story, hope you don't mind!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 11:41:18 am »

I'm going with B: Dissection lab. That will benefit us more in the long run imo and some of the species within may turn out to be tasty.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 05:02:19 pm »

I'm going with B: Dissection lab. That will benefit us more in the long run imo and some of the species within may turn out to be tasty.

Don't forget to vote in the poll- you should see it at the top of the topic page.

This ok? I decided to add some flavour to the story, hope you don't mind!

Okay? It's brilliant! If I didn't want people throwing their piece in, I'd have just played through and written the whole thing out without any input. But where's the fun in that?

GENERATION 32:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 10:31:11 pm »

Agreed, and I see you didn't vote yet.

I looked up the rare tech that would otherwise unlock, and it just boosts food growth.  Once a planet has all its people, food growth is meaningless.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2017, 03:05:00 am »

Agreed, and I see you didn't vote yet.

I looked up the rare tech that would otherwise unlock, and it just boosts food growth.  Once a planet has all its people, food growth is meaningless.
When I give you guys some control, I try to stay out of the way- if it's a tie I'll even flip a coin to avoid any accusations of bias. Speaking of, I'll give you guys about eight hours to break the vote before I do that.

Nutrient Replication could allow you to put less resources and structures into Food Production and more into other areas, like Research or Power.

EDIT: Fixed an image in the last update- don't know how I missed that the first time, but the problem has been exterminated with extreme prejudice.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:08:48 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 07:52:02 am »

Yeah I didn't see that you'd put up a poll. Looks like its closed now, no worries. Waiting to see your next update, this is great so far.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 10:20:26 pm »

Yeah I didn't see that you'd put up a poll. Looks like its closed now, no worries. Waiting to see your next update, this is great so far.

I just got back from some interesting chaos and won't be able to start playing till tomorrow, so I'll re-open the vote till then.

EDIT: Taking away my original coin-flip vote, Option B wins!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:38:17 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stellaris Let's Play- Election Time and Sentient Life, Oh my.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 05:03:12 pm »

2209.08.27 Etzios System, Etzios IV

…I’ve decided to order all the ‘specimens’ dissected in search of any scientific advancements lurking within their corpses. They’d have died off anyways, I might as well make their deaths worthwhile.

I only wish I’d seen this place in its full glory.

2209.10.22 Jajim System- Jajim G-Class Star

We’ve detected… well, we’re still not sure what, but it’s in the Jajim System.

It appears to be some kind of ‘ball’ of contained energy that’s just… meandering about the sun. It’s not in any sort of orbit or anything, it just… sort of wanders? Our best theory is that it’s some kind of advanced technology, but until we have quarantined the sector until we have decided what to do with it. Probably won’t be my problem… not sure how I feel about that.

Scientists have already dubbed in the ‘Mu Menace’- I suspect either they aren’t as creative as they claim to be, or they are lazy as a Co-ku Seal sunning itself. Guess I get what I pay for.

2209.11.22 Oclemasu System- ‘Ratzt’

We’ve encountered sentient life… and found them lacking.

Seriously, these ‘Denobulan’ are still in an early industrial age- we Lu-Nin quickly got out of that phase, apparently, the pollution caused agony as it went through our gills. Do they enjoy the pain or something? The public is in an uproar, and the decision on what to do with them has been reduced to shouting matches. Some want to study them, others want to enslave them- I’ve even heard some say we should exterminate them… I’ll leave this decision for my replacement, my term is almost over.

2210.01.02 Toady One System- Stronghold

Hahahahah…HA HAA HA. Oh, this is great. One of the Council members fell into frenzy at the rare age of sixty-two a week ago, and with the politics Reunification has introduced, the only one the Council trusts to take her place is me.

Well, I guess it was going to be my last day as overseer anyway- the traditional term was always ten years. I figure I’m the most popular Overseer in Lu-Nin history- if I remember right, the last one was minced into chum by an angry mob who were tired of his ridiculous mandates… and he got off lightly compared to the others. That’ll probably change once I’m inducted into the Council, I know I hated 
“the bunch of inflated ingrates”.

Oh, URIST Mandate Holdings invented some new kind of power reactor using something called Betharian, along with equipment using the resource to increase mining output... somehow. I don't need to know the details no more.

To whoever comes in my place to continue my legacy: Hah! It’s all your problem now! Have fun keeping the Sovereign Stronghold alive, shell-sucker! 

Your candidates for election:

The bottom one is... well, me. Unless you don't want more control, don't vote for him- though his reaction to finding he's still in charge would be hilarious to write.

Also: What should I do with the primitives? Since we have two things to vote on, I'll just read the votes. Feel free to debate, within reason.

...confession: part of me hopes you'll rp the candidates- I have a feeling it would be hilarious to watch you guys trade sea-themed insults.
GENERATION 32:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Election Time and Sentient Life, Oh my.
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 03:18:37 am »

RP you say? I'm the master of RP! Wait a minute. Story wise, when your guy, hopefully, gets to the council, wouldn't that mean he would learn about my go discovering what the pirates supposedly used? Ooooooo, I feel like this might get intresting.

"Land Hugger!"
"0 Tentacle guy!"
"How dare you!"

What a day. All day Tankkit had been trying to convince these idiots that we should take the Landies, as I've started calling them, under our wing. Obviously we would make them work for it a bit, and they would have to give us supplies and stuff, but the morons he was talking with seemed determined that they should destroy the idiots, and that since I'm a, quote, 'military brute', I should understand. Just because I'm in the military doesn't mean I'm a stupid idiot, infact being smart is one of the main reasons I passed the military acadamy with flying colours, almost litterally at one point. Ah well, back to arguing.

There! It's not much, but it's something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4