Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Something has landed on Stronghold and caused 'strange occurance'. Should we investigate this unexplainabke threat or ignore it?

Investigate- Science demands it!
Ignore- it is trivial before our might, we have more important things to do.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Stellaris Let's Play- Dead due to Broken Save  (Read 10668 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Science is Dead, Hail Eldritch Madness!
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 12:01:59 am »

...so, how would you guys want to handle first contact in the short period before they translate our language? Should I go round destroying their stations, fly my fleet through in a show of force, ignore them... discuss!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:39:49 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2017, 06:18:48 am »

More details? What are their forces like from what we've seen?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:03 am »

More details? What are their forces like from what we've seen?

All we've found is what appears to be a mining station at the very edge of our wormhole envelope. The station has a military power of 10, and I can leave the probe in system in hopes of getting more data if that is the will of the forums.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2017, 11:34:43 am »

Send some ships to further explore around that area and find the rest of them. And make me a scientist if you're replacing the science ships.

United Forenia Forever!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Mini-Update
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 04:18:31 pm »

Send some ships to further explore around that area and find the rest of them. And make me a scientist if you're replacing the science ships.

...Mini-Update!

Situation Report

Sent from Admiral Tshanduko 'Tankkit' Naidoo to Overseer Qing Zhu and the Guardian Council.    2217.06.29

See that yellow line? That is our Wormhole Envelope. That Envelope is being projected from a Wormhole Station in Omaspolenend, and is about 4-5 Wormhole Stations away from our territory. The Unknown Contact was found at Fonuharis inside the green circle(our probes sensor range), at the very edge of our envelope, with the only known other contact being in Iridonia... which is outside of our envelope.

I've ordered the probe to Tadasca, which will at least get the Iridonia into sensor range. If all goes well, we'll get a peek at their navy and get an idea of what kind of force they can throw at us.

In the meantime, Strikeforce 'Dawning Light' is awaiting your orders. Should we engage the Unknown Contact?

GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stellaris Let's Play- Whole Lotta Problems...
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »

2215.09.30 Toady One System- Stronghold

The first of the replacement Trailblazer-Class ships has launched. The ISS Maxwell, named in honor of the scientist leading the Vagabond, will hopefully have better luck than its namesake. I’ve reluctantly put Kagaku Nelsong in charge of the vessel due to political pressure from Liang Nelsong. My predecessor is quite frustrating, and it doesn’t help that Kagaku actually has the credentials to do the job.

The colony in the former Onxeis System is now the Alawi Colony, with the system renamed Zienab in our friends memory- the Lu-Nin there will remember his legacy for all time.

2216.05.03 Zienab System- Alawi

Thanks to the more effective patrols Tankkits been leading, we’ve been able to expand into systems we couldn’t patrol before. The Sovereign Stronghold is experiencing massive economic boom thanks to his surprisingly effective efforts, and he is understandably smug about it.

If I hear one more word about his bigger budget…

2216.07.21 Zienab System- Urist Solar Research Facility

I’ve just spent the day being led on a tour of what a lab should really look like. URIST’s latest addition, a research station in close orbit of the Class-B Star, is cutting edge- it really shows what highly profitable business can do. It makes my scientists froth in envy…

I wonder if they’d hire me after my term ends? I’m no amazing scientist, but my managing skill would be of some use I hope… managing a lab would be relaxing compared to this. It’s… difficult to explain why we’ve lost more Lu-Nin to investigating anomalies than we’ve lost in combat.

Most don’t understand the fact that Space is dangerous, and is made safe by surveying planets and clearing them of dangers! The amount of Lu-Nin lost to fools looking for riches outside of our borders is horrific.

2216.11.25 Laatis System- Laatis IIa

Nelsong has encountered his first anomaly! The ISS Maxwell has picked up what appears to some sort of weird pheromones on Laatis IIa. It’s time to see how Kagaku fairs on the field.

2217.02.06 Laatis System- Laatis IIa

While investigating the Pheromone Anomaly, one of the scientists tore their suit. What resulted was terrifyingly familiar… and quickly becoming far to common.

The scientist quickly fell victim to symptoms familiar to anyone who’s read the final reports from the Vagabond at D-9-981 or ‘The Distortion Event’ on Stronghold- the scientist began ranting about voices, went into a terrified state and disarmed one of the guards. He than ran into the caverns, shooting wildly behind him.

Nelsong immediately assumed he’d stumbled into something too dangerous to stick around and abandoned the scientist in order to protect the rest of his crew, and requested an orbital bombardment from Tankkit.

The entire area is now a glass crater larger than most cities.

Nelsong callously assured the scientists death wouldn’t reduce his crew’s performance- he didn’t even bother to learn their name or even gender! In his words, ‘as long as my crew as a whole is safe, I don’t care about them.’. If I could relocate him I would, but being the brother of the last Overseer his disappearance would attract too much attention. I should be furious, but his actions probably saved the lives of his entire crew.

2217.06.29 Toady One System- Stronghold

Our Probe has discovered an unknown facilty in orbit of the Fonuharis III Gas Giant, with energy signature and activity around it. This can mean only one thing:

We’ve encountered an unknown spacefaring race… and given what we’ve seen from other past alien races, they’re probably hostile

The Sovereign Stronghold is in a state of panic- the Guardian Council is hidden in a secure facility, the fleet is gathering at a secret location, and I’m… locked in my home, guarded by Tankkits most loyal Lu-nin.

Basically: I was sent to my room.

I. Am. FURIOUS.

If Tankkit thinks that I’m fine with this, he has another think coming. I know Lu-Nin are rioting in the streets, but this is ridiculous! My home isn’t equipped for the decision-making I make, it isn’t secure. When I’m through with him, he won’t be able to hear my name without flinching. His men will tell their grandchildren tales of my fury!

Admiral Tshanduko ‘Tankkit’ Naidoo will learn that ‘for your protection’ isn’t enough of an explanation- in fact, it sounds like what an military coup would claim. Which doesn’t help my nerves.

((There are what appears to be designs for various torture implements and studies on where Lu-Nin are most sensitive to pain. There are notes in the margins on what organs can be removed without anesthetic and still survive the ‘surgery’.))

2217.07.03 Toady One System- Stronghold

The Admiral reported improved fleet cohesion as a result as of ‘actually having a threat’, and swears we’ll achieve peace by any means necessary. Good for him.

2217.10.02 Toady One System- Stronghold

We are severely outnumbered. This is utterly terrifying- they have fifty-eight ships to our eight. Our only hope should they want war is distance, and a lot of it.

As if that wasn’t scale-shedding terrifying enough, we’ve detected a flotilla of Theta Menace in orbit of Erinis.

Smack in the middle of our territory.

And just to top everything off, I’m still imprisoned in my home “for my protection”-if they had let me get off planet earlier, maybe may home wouldn’t be, you know, under siege. Apparently, the masses, in a complete and utter panic, decided to take it out on me.

2212.01.01 Toady One System- Stronghold

Still under siege. The Admiral can’t provide orbital support until the Council decides what to do about the Unknown Contact. I havn’t seen any of his men send any reports to him, I’m starting to think Naidoo assigned them to me without getting it cleared by the Council… and the nearest launch pad was hit by the mobs first.

Did the someone in the Council try to take me out? Did Tankkit know, or did he have other reasons to put his men here?

The Spaceport above Stronghold has had its shipyards ‘retooled’ and its defences upgraded in preparation for the worse case scenario. An additional section is being built specifically for ‘Corvette Assembly Yards’ in hopes of mass-producing Venture-class Corvettes, but until the yards are complete we are unable to expand the fleet.

This took awhile, but hopefully you peeps enjoy!

What are peoples thoughts on our current situation?

As always, you can ask for a character, ship, or station named- just nothing that will incite the feared banhammer!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:20:11 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris Let's Play- Chapter VIII: Whole Lotta Problems...
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2017, 01:48:41 am »

Three thoughts: This is either a good quality April Fool's prank, those are all actually trading ships of one kind or another, or this game is a lot more cheaty than I expected for the AI.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2017, 05:42:31 am »

Three thoughts: This is either a good quality April Fool's prank, those are all actually trading ships of one kind or another, or this game is a lot more cheaty than I expected for the AI.

First: I'm glad you enjoyed the update!

I wish it was a joke... if anything, the A.I is having a laugh at MY expense.

I put the A.I on Hard, and they were (probably) one of the four A.Is to have an Advanced Start. There are Trade Ships, but they tend to spawn in cluster of 4-5 and have Single-digit Fleet Power, not Triple-digit.

Yeah, I had to bring out the brown pants once I saw that fleet... I'm glad they are so far away!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:06:39 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:12 am »

Quick, rush your military buildup while giving them gifts to placate them if possible. Are there planet-based defences in game, or are spaceships the only means of defence?

United Forenia Forever!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2017, 03:20:38 pm »

Quick, rush your military buildup while giving them gifts to placate them if possible. Are there planet-based defences in game, or are spaceships the only means of defence?

We can't give them gifts until one of us translates the others language, which hasn't happened yet. As for planets, you can build armies- units which represent the military presence. That said, as long as we keep our fleet near the Spaceport near Stronghold, we should be able to hold them off and force them back- in the early game, the combat is in the defenders favor.

Once the Assembly Yards are built, we should be able to build ships for an slightly cheaper cost and at a quicker pace- the wait is worth it, given the distance involved. We haven't seen anything that looks like it'd be a Wormhole Station, so they (probably) have a different FTL Drive.

I'll get into that as we encounter them, but in essence the limitations of the other FTL methods would basically cripple any fleet trying to reach me- by the time they got to me, their fleet would be obsolete. Later this won't be true as they upgrade their FTL to get around faster, but for now we're... mostly safe.

EDIT: Sorry, you asked a question and I went on a tangent- I didn't mean to end up sounding so.. douchy and condescending.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:38:48 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2017, 01:41:31 am »

Eeehm hello? Anyone there? Heeellooooooooooo?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 06:09:19 pm »

Well, crap. What happened guys is that someone updated their mod a couple days before the new Stellaris, breaking my save. I waited for a patch, but they only updated after the new Stellaris release- which means it isn't compatible with my save in the old version.

And I really wanted to see what you guys wanted to do with the Aliens we'd just bumped into. Frack. I'll eventually start another Lets Play, but that will be after all the bugs with the new release or shot down, the modders settle down a bit, and I get the new DLC.

Thanks for stayin' with me till the end,

TalonisWolf
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]