Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: International Trade  (Read 357 times)

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
International Trade
« on: February 25, 2017, 11:33:15 pm »

i was thinking...does items you sell to the caravan continues to exist?  :-\ I mean, i was planning on making a supply route logistic, my main fortress has open fields and plentiful food supply but lacks minerals and armaments, so i formulated on making a mining settlement. Because the main fort can provide food to these peasants and these mining settlements could provide metal and gems to the main fort :D, but i kinda doubt this so i need someone to clarify. :( I know there was an economy system in the past, but i don't actually know what has been removed or still exist since i jumped into DF in version 34.11.

Thank you in advance.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: International Trade
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:36:20 pm »

World economy (for the persistent world) hasn't been implemented yet. It's last in the list of "short-term" plans. But that's a pretty involved list so perhaps a decade from now.

Items you sell are kept track of in an abstract way though. Someone else will probably post with more technical details.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 11:39:15 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:44:00 pm »

I like the idea of an economy in dwarf fortress. How the value or items you sell is equivalent to the number they have, and selling traders things like weapons and armor affects the legends, and maybe even allows you to find additional weapons stockpiles in fortresses in adventure mode that have the weapons you sold them...

It's a cool idea.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:01:01 pm »

They continue to exist and get spread around, but I don't know if food gets eaten.

Even back in 40d, it continued to exist. I went around in adventure mode and found the tons of masterwork stone toys and goblin skull totems my fort had been churning out and selling for decades.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.