Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!SIEGE!!  (Read 2448 times)

FlareStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!SIEGE!!
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:08:39 am »

Why won't make goblins/humans try to set on fire your buildings, stuff in stockpiles and other things? We know that arson was a common thing during raids and sieges, so why not make it happen in DF?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: !!SIEGE!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:20:56 am »

PTW.

Fuck yeah is all.
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:02:54 am »

Because we have no way to fight fire without making some weird full-fort shower system with a river. Until haulers can grab buckets, fill them with water, and toss it on fire, this shouldn't be implemented, or even an ambush squad can kill any fortress if they get to your food stockpile.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:07:59 am »

Because we have no way to fight fire without making some weird full-fort shower system with a river. Until haulers can grab buckets, fill them with water, and toss it on fire, this shouldn't be implemented, or even an ambush squad can kill any fortress if they get to your food stockpile.
I doubt think Toady would randomly give siegers the ability to start fires without also adding firefighting. Starting fires (and, obviously, adding ways to fight them) would be a great addition. Bit of a blow to the fps though.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »

I would make the seigers just too op for any fort, unless that fort was made entirely of fire proof stuff including the food.
To the beer!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 04:41:36 am »

I would make the seigers just too op for any fort, unless that fort was made entirely of fire proof stuff including the food.
Like...stone?

Fort designs differ, but I find if invaders have already made it inside, past the traps, the crossbow ambushers and the hardened soldiers guarding the gate it's pretty much game over.

Rather than waiting for them to hunt down and kill everyone, watching them set fire to the food pile would be pretty funny. Might even kill themselves while the survivors party safely in the caverns.

Would be a challenge for playing human or elf sites in the future of course.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:43:48 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 04:50:48 am »

All those buildings going up in tinders, that would be funny if that is all it takes to take down the humans.
To the beer!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 04:24:10 pm »

That does sound fun, but there still needs to be firefighting whether or not they can burn your stuff.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 11:24:06 pm »

I just wanted to make a suggestion to add the ability to set stuff on fire, but I guess firefighting and setting stuff on fire would come with this so+1
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.