Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happens if you choose not to become a barony?  (Read 3003 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
What happens if you choose not to become a barony?
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »

Has anyone ever chosen option b of the liason's dialogue "Flattering, but we'd rather maintain our distance from the homeland"?

What happens then? Will you still get migrants, will you still be able to trade with your mountainhomes? Will your mountainhomes allies still be your allies? Will your dwarves be happy? Will your mayor or expedition leader rule forever?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if you choose not to become a barony?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:53:11 pm »

From the Wiki http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Baron

"This offer can be temporarily rejected (by choosing the "we'd rather keep our distance" option or by canceling out of the selection screen after agreeing), deferring the choice until the liaison's next visit. Until the offer is accepted and a candidate nominated, the liaison(s) will not negotiate trade agreements."

For the rest try it and see?  My presumption (feelotraveller believes nobles add fun  ;)) is: yes, yes. yes. no one cares, makes no difference
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:58:28 pm by feelotraveller »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 03:23:03 pm »

All your hair falls out.

Then? Bats everywhere.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 08:12:43 pm »

Turning down Baronial enlistment causes werebeast attacks.

...Well, it was actually a complete coincidence, but yeah, that was my experience anyhow. Now I accept them, just in case.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!