Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON: SMOKE BREAK  (Read 40916 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: REVOLVER: BLOOD AND NEON
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »

PTW

Is it just me, or do I always post first on a new page?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:58:39 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »

Kill bonus into Ammo

Do we have a fresh turn yet?

Spoiler:  Big Ears (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:10:17 pm by Devastator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 06:38:51 pm »

Then, since I have insufficient inventory, drop these cards on the ground:
Quote from: Rules
You start with 2 slots to hold spells. Magic is found in the form of trading cards, and while you can have lots of them in your inventory, you can only use spells you have slotted.
((Actually, you should be fine there syv ;D))

Go on overwatch duty with Devastator.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 09:04:40 pm »

Magic cards are considered ammo and thus not part of the carry restriction.

Also, just waiting on MJ now

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 11:16:36 pm »

Hand syv all of my magic cards but Block and slot the other two he gives me Also Slot Block, and see I can get the card Path off of syv. Follow after the others and unload a shotgun at anything I see.

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:34:05 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 08:58:32 am »

Take cover by the left side of the door. Open the door. Peek into the room on the other side of the door without leaving cover.

You're Green.

Ask MJ for his Ricochet and a Glimmer.  Slot 2x Idolize, 1x Glimmer, Sharpen, Break, and Ricochet.  Then check if my gun came with bullets; if not, summon some Ricochet bullets for it.

Then, since I have insufficient inventory, drop these cards on the ground: Edit: Nevermind, apparently I can keep them all.  Give MJ my pressure and Apoptosis cards, and Dev an Idolize card.  Already removed from my sheet.  Edit2: I guess MJ's also getting Path, since he wants it.  Removed from sheet.

Spoiler: This one's my sheet (click to show/hide)
You're purple.
You trade your cards and slot your stuff but your gun is full up on ammo so you don't summon anything.

Hand syv all of my magic cards but Block and slot the other two he gives me Also Slot Block, and see I can get the card Path off of syv. Follow after the others and unload a shotgun at anything I see.

Spoiler: Ferrus (click to show/hide)

You are Yellow.
Various card stuff done. Update your sheet, etc.
You walk to the center of the room, and point your shotgun at the door, waiting for Egan to open it.
Pick up syv's idolize card.  Hose down anyone inside the next room after Ocean opens the door.

Spoiler:  Big Ears (click to show/hide)
You grab the card.
You are in the same space as MJ, so you're Yellow too.

Then, since I have insufficient inventory, drop these cards on the ground:
Quote from: Rules
You start with 2 slots to hold spells. Magic is found in the form of trading cards, and while you can have lots of them in your inventory, you can only use spells you have slotted.
((Actually, you should be fine there syv ;D))

Go on overwatch duty with Devastator.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're Yellow too. Funny, only Egan decided to take cover.

Egan tries to open the door quietly. He turns the handle, and gives it a bit of a push, but it sticks. He pushes it a bit more. It still sticks. [13/6] He finally pushes it one more time and the door flies open, clangs against the wall.

The room beyond looks like a kitchen, and quite a nice one at that, like something from a show house, too clean and organized to have ever been used by anyone. White tile, marble counter top running along the edge, light wood cabinets, a refrigerator straight out of the 50's and a table and chairs in the center. And throughout the entire kitchen, ransacking the place, are men and women in dirty formalwear; lovely dresses and pantsuits and executive casual fashion, coated in muck and blood. The people themselves are styled to match; their hair slicked back or carefully styled with superglue and epoxy so that it never moved. They're digging through the cabinets and the fridge, looking for food. And as soon as the door is flung open, they all turn and see you.

Initiative:
Dev, Mid, Empi on overwatch
Sy
Scab 1
Scab 2
Scab 5
Egan
Scab 3
Scab 4

From their location (Unspecified) the overwatch triplets have line of sight only on Scabs 2 and 3.
Dev:12. 1d4 x 4 to Head (+5)=12 damage.
Mid:15. Miss
Empi: 5. 2d6 to Head (+5)= 9 Damage.

Dev shoulders his heavy SMG and fires a burst straight into Scab 2's head. The rounds pound straight through his face in rapid succession, blowing a fist sized hole through his head. He topples over backward and falls partially into the open refrigerator.  Mid takes a snap shot at the remaining Scab but misses and instead blows the kitchen table apart in a spray of splinters.  Empi steps in and takes the shot Mid missed, firing a single round straight into the woman's left eye. It blows out through the back of her head, hitting the solid helmet of hair behind it and expanding it out like exploded fiberglass, a tangle of hardened hair and blood. She hits the ground and her head lands with a plastic clunk. 

Ok, Dev, Mid and Empi have acted. Sy you still have 2 actions this combat turn because you didn't do crap this turn. Egan, you have 1 action, because you opened that door.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 11:18:54 am »

Waitlist please. I'll put up a character soon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 02:12:46 pm »

Do any of them have guns?
I'm waiting for syv and the scabs 1 & 5 to act before I post my action, as a lot can change in that time.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 02:53:13 pm »

I'll move up to the left side of the doorway, and snipe the closer guy on the right.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »

Hold up, syv. Your sheet says your maximum armor is 13, the same as your HP. But the doc says that you can have up to half your str in armor. Which would be 0 for you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 05:15:30 pm »

Do any of them have guns?
I'm waiting for syv and the scabs 1 & 5 to act before I post my action, as a lot can change in that time.

1 and 5 both do. 4 has a Machette. 4 is the one Sy is currently shooting at.

I'll move up to the left side of the doorway, and snipe the closer guy on the right.

I'm gonna assume that movement to the doorway means to take cover at it.
[13/15] 2d12=14 to...hmm well you rolled 19 on the where you hit chart that only goes to 18. Guess you miss. I suppose a sniper with the dexterity of a corpse in a paint mixer is perhaps unlikely to succeed.

Scab 1, a man in a ratty Tux wielding a revolver, takes cover on the opposite side of the door and peaks around just long enough to take a shot at Dev. [11/10] His snapshot bounces off the roof and ricochets up the stairwell without hitting anyone.

Scab 2: DEAD

Scab 5, a woman in an executive pantsuit with a Sawn-off shotgun.  She doesn't even bother to take cover. In fact she just walks straight towards the door and opens fire.  [15/10]. The shotgun blast hits the door and blows it clear in half, knocking the upper half off its hinges and leaving the lower half dangling.

Hold up, syv. Your sheet says your maximum armor is 13, the same as your HP. But the doc says that you can have up to half your str in armor. Which would be 0 for you.
Yeah, he's right sy. That changed after our last iteration of the rules. Same as the "Roll over 18 on the where you hit chart and you miss" thing.

Making STR and DEX less of dump stats.

You may want to reconsider your current character.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »

Map please. Positioning is kinda important for a melee character. And mark which of the pawns on the map have which weapons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 05:44:50 pm »

((Mm.  Nah.  Increasing strength to gain armor would either reduce actual survivability because I'd lower end, or reduce my primary stat, Mind.  Dex penalty caps at -6, which means I only have a 26% miss chance, and reducing that significantly would again either greatly lower health, or hurt my char's primary ability.  Besides, mages usually aren't the primary mundane damage dealers.

Though, I would like to swap the bulletproof vest out for a blood bag and some change, since I can't actually wear the thing.  And, if I can indeed move, cover, and shoot all in one turn, I'd like to take a point from each of my magic skills and put them in cover.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »

Map please. Positioning is kinda important for a melee character. And mark which of the pawns on the map have which weapons.

The unmoved guy is the one to the right. Those other two have moved and also have guns.

((Mm.  Nah.  Increasing strength to gain armor would either reduce actual survivability because I'd lower end, or reduce my primary stat, Mind.  Dex penalty caps at -6, which means I only have a 26% miss chance, and reducing that significantly would again either greatly lower health, or hurt my char's primary ability.  Besides, mages usually aren't the primary mundane damage dealers.

Though, I would like to swap the bulletproof vest out for a blood bag and some change, since I can't actually wear the thing.  And, if I can indeed move, cover, and shoot all in one turn, I'd like to take a point from each of my magic skills and put them in cover.))
Fair enough, and most magic doesn't have "aim" components.

Switch it out.

Yeah, thats a thing. I'm gonna say that when you do "Cover" the action can include a move of up to 1/2 your normal movement to get from where you are to the cover itself. Otherwise I feel like a lot of turns would be "Move, get to cover" and then the next turn would be the actual fight.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 07:47:15 pm »

((Hi.  Gosh darn it.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26