Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins in Adventure Mode  (Read 1329 times)

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
Goblins in Adventure Mode
« on: February 26, 2017, 11:40:39 pm »

Pretty new to adventure mode. I played as a goblin and went into a dark pit and was attacked by other goblins. Also, why are you only able to play as goblins integrated into society? You can't start as a goblin in a dark pit and go and do goblin things?
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:54:10 pm »

Adventurer (in vanilla) only allows you to play as races who live in Dwarf, Elf or Human civilizations. Your goblin was from one of them, not a goblin civ. Which is why he was attacked (next release will give you a chance to pretend you're on their side, apparently).

Dwarf fortress civs are multiracial due to the centuries of invasions, slavery, migration and so on that go on every year.

Simple mods will let you play as goblins from dark pits. It's feature incomplete obviously, so things like fast-travel from your own pit isn't possible and randomly murdering your mates like a real goblin is likely to get you into trouble.

"Why can't I.." questions petty much only have one reply in DF. It's not a complete game. What you want to do is planned (it's in the dev notes). It will just take a long time to get there. Be patient.

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins in Adventure Mode
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:18:55 am »

Adventurer (in vanilla) only allows you to play as races who live in Dwarf, Elf or Human civilizations. Your goblin was from one of them, not a goblin civ. Which is why he was attacked (next release will give you a chance to pretend you're on their side, apparently).

Dwarf fortress civs are multiracial due to the centuries of invasions, slavery, migration and so on that go on every year.

Simple mods will let you play as goblins from dark pits. It's feature incomplete obviously, so things like fast-travel from your own pit isn't possible and randomly murdering your mates like a real goblin is likely to get you into trouble.

"Why can't I.." questions petty much only have one reply in DF. It's not a complete game. What you want to do is planned (it's in the dev notes). It will just take a long time to get there. Be patient.

Cool, cool. Thanks
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast