Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: are bonecarn still bugged ?  (Read 714 times)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
are bonecarn still bugged ?
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:49:35 am »

are bonecarn still wont eat in newer version? because it look like my modified creature never eat at all only drink.
also can anyone give me tips on maintaining carnivore civ in fortress mode? especially getting enough meat for food.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: are bonecarn still bugged ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 12:02:02 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Bone_meal

According to that, [bonecarn] tagged creatures don't eat bonemeal, but I couldn't find any other mention of a bonecarn creature.

Also if your fort has puppies, then use puppies. They're an incredible source of meat, leather, and bones. They're born in large litters and don't need to mature to harvest the meat. You can set up a food industry very easily.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 01:38:39 am »

isnt vanilla bonemeal not considered food though? i was mean the creature dont eat the meat nor cooked food, the wiki say that bonecarn is bugged that make them doesnt require to eat at all but thats a long ago version so i just want to know is the bug still exist.
hmm.....thanks for the tips   :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:42:56 am by Hiul »

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:10:52 pm »

If you are just keeping animals with the bonecarn tag you shouldn't need to feed them at all. I think the only time you might have to worry about it is with sentient creatures that become members of your fortress.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »

but mine is sentient creature though

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »

I'm not actually sure on this one but if they do eat I think bonecarn tagged creatures can consume normal predator diets. I have seen tame gremlins thrive ib fortress mode and I believe they have the tag.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 04:40:30 pm »

just want to clarify they dont starve or die from starving they just dont eat at all, at least for fortress mode.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 01:47:24 am »

just want to clarify they dont starve or die from starving they just dont eat at all, at least for fortress mode.

Good to know. I've kept a gremlin before but honestly never watched it closely enough to see if it ate.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 01:49:31 am »

My gremlins have eaten and and guzzled booze like a dorf. They also need sleep when citizens (and, I think, when kept as pets as well).

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 02:28:04 am »

hmm mine still not eat, when i isolate them they get thirsty though but no sign of hungry as far as i check i think they will die from thirst rather than hunger. maybe it because the egg syndrome i give to them which contain NO_EAT but it also have NO_DRINK too and it only supposed to affecting female when they lay egg, and im pretty sure my creature dont have NO_EAT in the raw.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:29:41 am by Hiul »