Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I don't understand armor equipping  (Read 480 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
I don't understand armor equipping
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:59:35 am »

When it comes to adventure mode, there is one constant guarantee. That guarantee is that I find an iron full helm or breastplate and am unable to equip it for god knows what reason.

So instead of naming everything I did and didn't do, what can happen that prevents you from equipping items in adventure mode? I know that you have to unequip what is already in that slot, that the item you are equipping has to be in your hand,  and that you have to put armor on in a specific order, but what else is there that might get in the way? Cause I have tried every freaking thing I can think of.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand armor equipping
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:15:53 am »

It can be the wrong size. If it starts with "large" or "small" it doesn't fit.

You can be wearing too much on that body part.

It can be a shaped item and you're already wearing a shaped item on that body part. For example, you can only wear one helm, cap, or mask at a time.

You don't always have to put things on in any order, unless you're trying to wear a lot of stuff.

The Armor wiki page explains all this and much more.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand armor equipping
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:05:30 am »

Wait. So when it says, "large iron helm" it doesn't mean more coverage,  it means, "too big for your freaking head"?

...In hindsight,  I should have realized this. Thanks for the help!