Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda: Could it be the best game ever!? edition  (Read 30326 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Mass Effect Andromeda: Could it be the best game ever!? edition
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:59:13 am »

Welp, it's set to come out on March 21st (in the US) and March 23rd elsewhere, so I thought we should discuss and/or hype as we pre-game this release.

Some points I know from news feeds:

Shepard's trilogy will have no bearing on the game: i.e. no save game imports.
It will have full alien nudity (no shit, look it up)
It's going to be !55 GB! in size (holy shit)
It's going to have open world exploration with jet packs and the Mako again

So let's all speculate on the game now and maybe talk about the past games while we're here. I think I'm going to do my standard Captain Zap- Paragon run where I do good and try to sleep with every attractive alien female I can find.

Also, you can get it 17% off the pre-purchase if you buy it through Green Man Gaming.

Some trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

*Edit: Clipped image out, the hype has past.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:17:27 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: I can't believe its not Shepard edition.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:14:57 am »

It's going to be !55 GB! in size (holy shit)
Most games are this big these days because the newer consoles allow for higher res textures. DOOM was about as big.

As for the gameplay previews themselves, at the very least the combat looks like tons of fun.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:40 am »

T'Perro, the Asari doctor, sounds like the first rapper of said race. T-Dog. Because "perro" means "dog" in Spanish.

I feel compelled to point that out wherever I end up discussing MEA. Which also means "He/She/It pisses" in Spanish, but it'd be far more of a stretch to hold that against it. :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 11:37:31 am »

I don't expect much, which just means I get to be pleasantly surprised if it turns out decent. RPS review made it sound promising, at least.

Apparently Shepard gets a mention or something, because you get to determine their gender. Given that the whole Andromeda ships shebang leaves the Milky Way before ME2, it's not like there's that much to import.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:39:30 am »

T'Perro, the Asari doctor, sounds like the first rapper of said race. T-Dog. Because "perro" means "dog" in Spanish.

I feel compelled to point that out wherever I end up discussing MEA. Which also means "He/She/It pisses" in Spanish, but it'd be far more of a stretch to hold that against it. :P
I wonder if they'll change it when/if they translate it to spanish.

I've seen it done, by the way. Star War's Prequel's Count Dooku became Conde Dookan in portuguese (because Dooku sounds like Do Cu, literally "of the arsehole").
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:49:15 am »

I've seen it done, by the way. Star War's Prequel's Count Dooku became Conde Dookan in portuguese (because Dooku sounds like Do Cu, literally "of the arsehole").

That's a surprisingly unique and apropos way of translating "of the Dark side".
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:06:23 pm »

Looks interesting enough. One of the trailers says it takes 600 years after the original games? I wonder what the results of the Reaper War were... though this game taking place in another galaxy(you don't see that often in sci-fi) probably makes it a moot point.

Considering the first comment of both trailers* is "We'll bang, okay?", I kinda want to see the Pathfinder use that line in MEA.

That's a surprisingly unique and apropos way of translating "of the Dark side".

Dooku was pretty much an arsehole anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »

Looks interesting enough. One of the trailers says it takes 600 years after the original games? I wonder what the results of the Reaper War were... though this game taking place in another galaxy(you don't see that often in sci-fi) probably makes it a moot point.

The "600 years after" is a bit of window dressing, given the expedition departed before ME2 and spent something like six centuries in transit to Andromeda. In consequence, at least taking from the promotional material you don't really know what happened back in the Milky Way after you left. And obviously, I wouldn't expect technology 600 years more advanced either.

I wonder if they'll change it when/if they translate it to spanish.

Hehe, didn't know that. That's pretty funny. We'll see what they do this time around.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 10:04:10 pm »

I did some digging and found that we will have a female turian party member, here's hoping shes one of the romance-able ones. As much as I like green-skinned space babes, it's a welcome change from oddly human like races. It's why I ended up going Tali in the original trilogy.

And even though this game will be detached from the main series, I do hope for a minor reference to Shepard and the goings on back in the Milky Way. Like, even an ancient news clipping from the events of the first game or something.

And even further, I just thought about the Krogan on the ship; none of them have been affected by the genophage cure. I hope this at least gets touched on, it's kinda sad to think the seeder ship will be able to spread the other colony races but the poor Krogan. :(

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 01:40:16 am »

I did some digging and found that we will have a female turian party member, here's hoping shes one of the romance-able ones. As much as I like green-skinned space babes, it's a welcome change from oddly human like races. It's why I ended up going Tali in the original trilogy.

And even though this game will be detached from the main series, I do hope for a minor reference to Shepard and the goings on back in the Milky Way. Like, even an ancient news clipping from the events of the first game or something.

And even further, I just thought about the Krogan on the ship; none of them have been affected by the genophage cure. I hope this at least gets touched on, it's kinda sad to think the seeder ship will be able to spread the other colony races but the poor Krogan. :(
Just because you've got the genophage, it doesn't mean you're sterile. Don't forget that the Krogan you've got with you is one of the oldest Krogans there is.

Hype for Veetra though. She is romancable.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:42:44 am by Exerosp »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 08:26:16 am »

\
Just because you've got the genophage, it doesn't mean you're sterile. Don't forget that the Krogan you've got with you is one of the oldest Krogans there is.

Yeah, the genophage doesn't mean they can't, it would just mean it'd be slower/harder.

But yesssssssssssssssss yay romanceable turians!

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 10:03:40 am »

Shepard.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 10:16:24 am »

\

Yeah, the genophage doesn't mean they can't, it would just mean it'd be slower/harder.

But yesssssssssssssssss yay romanceable turians!
But when will we be able to romance the elcor.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 10:30:42 am »

With amorous intent: Hopefully soon, baby. *Slow motion wink*

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 11:17:36 am »

With amorous intent: Hopefully soon, baby. *Slow motion wink*

"We'll bang, okay?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23