Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda: Could it be the best game ever!? edition  (Read 30273 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: I can't believe its not Shepard edition.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 11:23:14 am »

I do genuinely love the Elcor, I think they're one of the most if not the most interesting race in Mass Effect. Here's hoping they get a spot in this one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 12:07:09 pm »

I do genuinely love the Elcor, I think they're one of the most if not the most interesting race in Mass Effect. Here's hoping they get a spot in this one.
Grateful, thank you human. We also find your species quite interesting. Inquiring, have you seen the latest issue of Fornax? Temptingly, there is a full page spread of one of the most beautiful Elcor models.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 01:56:31 pm »

my Very Important Questions:

1. Why are the system requirements so high that I can't run it?
2. Can you "couple" with hanar this time around, as femnotshep?
3. Are the ME3:MP servers going to stay up and will people keep playing it once MEA comes out?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 02:31:28 pm »

1. Why are the system requirements so high that I can't run it?
No longer shackled by the old consoles (xbox 360, PS3).

2. Can you "couple" with hanar this time around, as femnotshep?
Are there even hanar in this game? I know BioWare mentioned some species are not in. Quarians are one, I think.

3. Are the ME3:MP servers going to stay up and will people keep playing it once MEA comes out?
Servers may stay up, but I doubt the population will.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »

Cautious hype here.

Apparently this Andromeda mission set out before ME2 (so presumably while Shepard was "dead")? Was this mentioned in the original trilogy...ever? I read just about every Codex entry I could find in all three games and I don't recall any mention of a multi-species trans-galactic exploration mission. You'd think that'd be pretty big news at some point.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 05:27:21 pm »

Cautious hype here.

Apparently this Andromeda mission set out before ME2 (so presumably while Shepard was "dead")? Was this mentioned in the original trilogy...ever? I read just about every Codex entry I could find in all three games and I don't recall any mention of a multi-species trans-galactic exploration mission. You'd think that'd be pretty big news at some point.

Supposedly it was a privately funded mission taking volunteers or something like that. So it might have been low key to begin with and tbh, they might have just not wrote ahead for it and now have to find a reason for this story existing. Still cool though, I wasn't expecting Rogue One levels of hindsight writing here.

Also, thinking about it, no-one at the time took the Reaper threat seriously except maybe the person who founded and organized this project and so it was done covertly using volunteers who believed in the Reaper threat?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:29:11 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 05:39:24 pm »

But when will we be able to romance the elcor.

With amorous intent: Hopefully soon, baby. *Slow motion wink*

Pretty sure the elcor will literally say "Slow motion wink".

Cautious hype here.

Supposedly it was a privately funded mission taking volunteers or something like that. So it might have been low key to begin with and tbh, they might have just not wrote ahead for it and now have to find a reason for this story existing. Still cool though, I wasn't expecting Rogue One levels of hindsight writing here.

Also, thinking about it, no-one at the time took the Reaper threat seriously except maybe the person who founded and organized this project and so it was done covertly using volunteers who believed in the Reaper threat?

Could be a Cerberus project, but I doubt that entirely. If it was Cerberus, it'd be an all-human crew.
"Before ME2" could also mean in the few months between Shepard killing Saren and Shepard getting killed. Chances are, the sudden death of the galaxy's greatest hero could easily take over from the launch of this kind of mission as "breaking news".

I wonder if they're going to try to explain the science of the ship. The biggest issue I can see of a trans-galactic, 600-year journey is charge buildup in the drive core. There's likely no planets in the empty space between galaxies(let alone one with a magnetic field) to discharge.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »

Could be a Cerberus project, but I doubt that entirely.
Maybe, but one of the companions is called Cora Harper. The Illusive Man's name is Jack Harper.

I wonder if they're going to try to explain the science of the ship. The biggest issue I can see of a trans-galactic, 600-year journey is charge buildup in the drive core. There's likely no planets in the empty space between galaxies(let alone one with a magnetic field) to discharge.
I think they did in one of the trailer-things on their site.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:48 pm »

How do we know TIM's name, anyways? I almost definitely missed it, since I don't remember ever hearing it in my trilogy playthrough.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:03 pm »

How do we know TIM's name, anyways? I almost definitely missed it, since I don't remember ever hearing it in my trilogy playthrough.
It was revealed in a series of comics about his life before becoming TIM.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 08:26:26 pm »

Maybe, but one of the companions is called Cora Harper. The Illusive Man's name is Jack Harper.

Could be Miranda's "sister", designed or otherwise.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 08:42:46 pm »

Uh, her father isn't TIM
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 08:53:54 pm »

Yeah, the father of Miranda Lawson and her sister, Oriana, was one of Cerberus' financiers, not The Illusive Man himself.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 08:59:03 pm »

Oh, I suppose I misremembered.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 09:07:16 pm »

Could be Miranda's "sister", designed or otherwise.
Can't be, you see her in ME2 which (apparently) takes place after the mission to Andromeda has already left.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23