Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda: Could it be the best game ever!? edition  (Read 30284 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: I can't believe its not Shepard edition.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 09:10:01 pm »

Dammit, this discussion makes me want to play the series again.

...Except I have the Steam version, which means no save exports, DLC, or ME3.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 09:12:26 pm »

Dammit, this discussion makes me want to play the series again.

...Except I have the Steam version, which means no save exports, DLC, or ME3.
You can export saves, I think. But yeah, no DLC or ME3.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 09:30:26 pm »

I thought there wasn't going to be any save exporting...?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:49 pm »

I thought there wasn't going to be any save exporting...?

He's talking between the original trilogy and between Steam/Origin.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 09:32:48 pm »

Well, the origin version of ME3 exists and I've imported saves from Steam ME2 to Origin ME3 before. I actually think the entire Mass Effect series is free if you have Origin Access.

I was just recently playing Mass Effect 1 and I think it actually may be the weakest of the series. While the more RPG-like stuff was cool, inventory management was a chore. You had an inventory space limit and had to sell/recycle each item one by one and get like 5 items per encounter. Having to repeatedly make sure the ~6 categories for each person are filled with the best equipment is tedious, too.
And the Mako missions. I hated those. They're like a worse version of No Man's Sky. You get dropped into abnormally hilly terrain with a new skybox and different colors for the ground (but literally no other terrain features), then visit 3 copy-pasted points of interest per map. If you're lucky, one of the points of interest may have 6 generic enemies inside a copy-pasted interior! And maybe with 4 lines of text at the very end!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 09:36:15 pm »

And the Mako missions. I hated those. They're like a worse version of No Man's Sky. You get dropped into abnormally hilly terrain with a new skybox and different colors for the ground (but literally no other terrain features), then visit 3 copy-pasted points of interest per map. If you're lucky, one of the points of interest may have 6 generic enemies inside a copy-pasted interior! And maybe with 4 lines of text at the very end!
You forgot having to climb near vertical surfaces to get to some of those locations. Which sometimes meant spending a minute or 2 holding w/whatever binding you had because otherwise you'd slide all the way down.

Also: "ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!"  "I WILL DESTROY YOU!"
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 09:41:45 pm »

No argument about ME1 being weak. I'll give it a pass for introducing a nice setting and including lots of lore...but it's probably the least fun to play in the entire series.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 09:42:59 pm »

I'm probably going to do a full series run, but perhaps I'll just ignore the first game and dl a save with all the decisions and stuff I would make and just import that to ME2.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 10:20:27 pm »

I'm probably going to do a full series run, but perhaps I'll just ignore the first game and dl a save with all the decisions and stuff I would make and just import that to ME2.
You could probably "speedrun" ME1 on easy by checking which decisions are actually imported or not and only doing those sidequests.

Had the same idea, too.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 10:36:39 pm »

Or you could speedrun ME1 only doing the stuff you want to do then use a save editor afterwards to change the stuff that you didn't do to your liking.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 12:47:26 am »

I find ME1 the trilogy's best except for the combat (and sure, the inventory management and such). Latter games improved that at the expense of actual meaningful RPG elements and story. I love ME2, don't get me wrong, but ME1 holds a special place in my heart.

Plus, they got rid of the film grain effect by 3. Sad, terrible.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a better game than ME3, so I can be cautiously optimistic for Andromeda.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 12:51:39 am »

Maybe, but one of the companions is called Cora Harper. The Illusive Man's name is Jack Harper.

Could be Miranda's "sister", designed or otherwise.
Can't be, you see her in ME2 which (apparently) takes place after the mission to Andromeda has already left.
I thought the mission took place after ME2? And the speculations about it being a Cerberus project is because your dad has some relation to it, or the illusiveman.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 01:57:08 am »

Maybe, but one of the companions is called Cora Harper. The Illusive Man's name is Jack Harper.

Could be Miranda's "sister", designed or otherwise.
Can't be, you see her in ME2 which (apparently) takes place after the mission to Andromeda has already left.
I thought the mission took place after ME2? And the speculations about it being a Cerberus project is because your dad has some relation to it, or the illusiveman.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not like that tech is going to benefit Milky Way Cerberus/humanity in any way, though. The trip is one-way and hella long. Unless... hmm... it's a very far-sighted plan where a future humanity with advanced Andromeda tech eventually returns from Andromeda to destroy the Reapers once and for all.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2017, 03:15:43 am »

I find ME1 the trilogy's best except for the combat (and sure, the inventory management and such). Latter games improved that at the expense of actual meaningful RPG elements and story. I love ME2, don't get me wrong, but ME1 holds a special place in my heart.

Plus, they got rid of the film grain effect by 3. Sad, terrible.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a better game than ME3, so I can be cautiously optimistic for Andromeda.
ME1 had the best story of the trilogy.
Especially the beginning.
Seeing Saren kill Nihlus and having to find proof that he did it. And then you give a speech and get the ship! Glorious!
I have started ME1 multiple times because of it. Only finished it twice because of the weak combat and inventory bullshit.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2017, 08:37:17 am »

Or you could speedrun ME1 only doing the stuff you want to do then use a save editor afterwards to change the stuff that you didn't do to your liking.

I decided to do a hybrid of this: I will skip ME1 and just dl a save, but play through ME2 and save edit the ending save to raise the flags of the DLC I don't have to import to ME3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23