Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't seem to do anything with Red Spinach or Bitter Vetch  (Read 563 times)

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't seem to do anything with Red Spinach or Bitter Vetch
« on: February 28, 2017, 12:42:57 am »

The wiki assures me these are cookable, but they aren't showing up in my cooking menu, and are just eating up space in my plant barrels.  Are they currently bugged, and will my dwarfs still eat them raw?

Edit: or are my dwarves dumb and harvesting the whole plant that nothing can be done with?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:44:47 am by Squirrelloid »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Can't seem to do anything with Red Spinach or Bitter Vetch
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:44:21 am »

They may be missing a tag to make them processable, see

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162231.msg7321878#msg7321878
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Bradders

• Bay Watcher
  • A creature fond of drink, incense and industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 02:26:51 pm »

Your edit in response to werdna is probably correct.  There's a bunch of above-ground bugged plants that are intended to be processable, like quarry bush, but are missing the correct tags.  Elves and humans sometimes bring usable products of those plants (leaves in these cases).

Sell 'em.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 04:52:28 pm »

Quarry bush is a subterranean crop that's processed to bags and whose seeds (rock nuts) can be processed. Quarry bush leaves (in the bags) can then be cooked at the least (I don't grow quarry bushes as you can't make booze out of them, nor clothing).

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 05:50:02 pm »

This and other issues with a 100% everyone-should-agree fix to them are usually addressed in the most current version of Modest Mod.

The idea of Modest Mod is to include only changes/fixes that are so obvious that there's really no rational reason to not include them.

It seems to have a rotating pool of volunteer maintainers at this point, the latest version by Taffer is here. I haven't actually checked if the plant products fix is in the 43.05 version.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »

This and other issues with a 100% everyone-should-agree fix to them are usually addressed in the most current version of Modest Mod.

The idea of Modest Mod is to include only changes/fixes that are so obvious that there's really no rational reason to not include them.

It seems to have a rotating pool of volunteer maintainers at this point, the latest version by Taffer is here. I haven't actually checked if the plant products fix is in the 43.05 version.

I just made the necessary modifications to my world save and basic install...