Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]  (Read 7179 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (3/5)
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 07:38:42 pm »

Hmmm, I'll make sure I Exist, it would be horrible for me not to...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (3/5)
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:33 pm »

"It could be worse" Hugh advanced a few steps before thinking something 'wait I still have to consume the mysterious pills or not?'

Walk to my apartment.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (4/5)
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 11:34:57 pm »

"Whoopsies, seem I triggered a defense command on an automaton, better find a place to find"
find a spot to hide within this area so that I can analyze this automaton with the assurance of safety

[3] You scramble away as a large object starts rising from under the pile of scraps. The exit of the storage room being too far, you just hide behind some shelf.
Not optimal, but it could be worse.

A large steel golem missing half its upper body appears. Once again, the red light scans the room... and stops right on you.
[Analyzing target signature]

From your expert knowledge, you manage to guess that its sensors must be rusty, and you partially hidden state is leaving it confused.

Spoiler: McSqueaky's Status (click to show/hide)

Search the woods around the cavern to capture suitable hosts, sentient or otherwise.

[6] You search around the closest woods, looking for strong, suitable hosts. You ignore the lesser lifeforms, focusing on stronger creatures. You spot some tracks of a beast... bipedal, and with a tail. Approximatively 1.5 times taller than you... You follow this track.

Suddenly you stop, sensing the creature nearby. Silently approaching, you manage to get a glimpse of it... A bipedal, humanoid reptilian with vibrant feathers along its body. Powerful stature and natural defenses, you marvel at the prospective of this host... Then its sharp yellow snake-like eye turns toward you. Your instincts kick in, telling you "It has detected me".

The creature is already approaching, hissing and snarling, ready to attack.

Hmmm, I'll make sure I Exist, it would be horrible for me not to...

You do exist. As you ponder about your existence, you realize that you are a large blob of viscous substance. A slime as said by commoners.
And you are pretty sure you are named Scott, Carl, Rupert, Erik, Waldo and Unduphus Phungus the third all at once.

How did you become a slime anyway? You don't seem to remember anything before this very moment.

You hear the echoes of dripping water. There is a large place nearby.

Spoiler: SCREWUP's Status (click to show/hide)

"It could be worse" Hugh advanced a few steps before thinking something 'wait I still have to consume the mysterious pills or not?'

Walk to my apartment.

[2] You decide to walk to your apartment, as the night is setting soon. It takes a long while, your apartment isn't exactly close.
After a hour of walking, the night has set. A shady figure is trailing you, you spot a knife in its left hand.

Are they after your Money?

Spoiler: Hugh Mann's Status (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 11:57:57 pm »

"Seems like now or never"
-Activate my Reverse Karma Device and spend -2 Karma to get a future +2 to a roll
-My next action is to run up to the golem and haywire the "energy source" of the golem to deactivate it

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 01:02:00 am »

Well, I don't know what this thing is, but let's find out if it bleeds.

Stab out with my tail, aiming for a leg.

(Should my karma score have been affected by the 6 roll?)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:08:33 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 01:51:52 am »

The matter is open to discussion. I thought appropriate of making it gain 0 Karma, as a [6] is basically a success offset by some failure.
Also there should have been a bit of text mentioning that things would happen if Karma went too high positively or negatively. Look like I forgot to write it haha.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 05:04:27 am »

grab a few pills when the guy gets nearby thrown them to his face and kick his groin
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 08:13:26 am »

Eh, I'm bound to find out sooner or later! for now it is Exploration Time!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 09:19:50 am »

(Is a slot still open? I want to join, but won't be able to sheet till 10 Am )
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 11:46:06 am »

I think there's one slot left.

I guess it makes sense for 6 to result in no change.

I was looking at some of the karma rules.

Each use of the Reverse Karmic Device is subject to a dice roll. This roll is unalterable a result from 1 to 3 will lead to the reverse effect, and a result of 4 to 6 will lead to the intended effect.

Since we pay to get good effects, and get a bonus for negative ones, wouldn't a 50/50 roll to see if we get the opposite of what we asked for mean that we should always ask for something bad, and then have the same chance of getting what we originally wanted, while getting paid for it either way?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:51:51 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 06:16:15 pm »

Still open, feel free to join :)

I think there's one slot left.

I guess it makes sense for 6 to result in no change.

I was looking at some of the karma rules.

Each use of the Reverse Karmic Device is subject to a dice roll. This roll is unalterable a result from 1 to 3 will lead to the reverse effect, and a result of 4 to 6 will lead to the intended effect.

Since we pay to get good effects, and get a bonus for negative ones, wouldn't a 50/50 roll to see if we get the opposite of what we asked for mean that we should always ask for something bad, and then have the same chance of getting what we originally wanted, while getting paid for it either way?
Come to think of it, I will scrape the 50/50 roll for now. It's way too random and harsh, and the point of karma points are to offset streak of bad lucks with the certainty of a good roll.

Using karma points no longer lead to a roll to determine if it succeeds.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 06:43:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 01:34:30 am »

"Seems like now or never"
-Activate my Reverse Karma Device and spend -2 Karma to get a future +2 to a roll
-My next action is to run up to the golem and haywire the "energy source" of the golem to deactivate it

RKD activated: 2 Negative Karma used
[2+2] Reading your thoughts, the Reverse Karma Device sets itself in motion. You see the numbers changing, eventually stopping at -1. You feel a strange change in your surrounding, as if a strange power was forcing the happening events.

You run toward the golem, feeling adequately agile. The golem attempts to grab you with its useable arm, only managing to execute a slow and unsteady movement, probably due to its age. You dodge it without even trying, and reach for the polished stone embedded in its right chest cavity. Turning it counter-clockwise, you take it away. Immediately the golem de-power and stops moving.

[Golem Powerstone] obtained.

Spoiler: McSqueaky's Status (click to show/hide)

Well, I don't know what this thing is, but let's find out if it bleeds.

Stab out with my tail, aiming for a leg.

[3] vs [2]
You jump out of hiding, launching your deadly tail at the creature. Your shot barely misses its intended target, only grazing the left leg. Its scaly skin hardness amazes you, it may be as strong as your exoskeleton.

The creature attempts to grab your tail, but your movement prove too fast.

Hostile:
-Feathered humanoid reptile

Eh, I'm bound to find out sooner or later! for now it is Exploration Time!

[3] You creep around this dark place. The floor is extremely uneven, there seems to be obstacles everywhere on your path. The dripping noise gets stronger.
Eventually you reach it, there is a large pool of water with water dripping from above.

The place looks to be some destroyed ruins.

Spoiler: SCREWUP's Status (click to show/hide)

grab a few pills when the guy gets nearby thrown them to his face and kick his groin

[4] v [3]
You grab a few white pills and throw them in your aggressor's face. That will teach him!
A few of them lands perfectly in its right eye, making him surprised by the move. He waves his knife around in an attempt to wound you, but only manages to lightly slices at your jacket.

Using the confusion to your advantage, you execute a well placed kick in his groin. The man bows over in pain, clearly affected by your blow.

Hostile:
-Shady aggressor

Spoiler: Hugh Mann's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Today was an usual day. You saved an old man from vile and despicable bandits trying to rob him, taking advantage of his weak constitution. You are just seated in his living room-kitchen-bedroom, or so to say, the only room in his small hut. You take a sip of the tea he prepared, a quite enjoyable one at that. The old man has been shuffling through a chest for a while now.

Until finally he takes a strange artifact off the chest, lets out a victorious "Hah!" and hands it to you.
"Here, take this as a gift of gratitude."

You take the curious device, puzzled. He explains to you that this is a "Reverse Karmic Device", some strange item able to manipulate the outcome of one's actions. It seems the man was quite the adventurer in his prime, but these days are long behind him.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:07:10 am by Nakéen »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 02:02:54 am »

"A future defense golem could be quite handy for the future... Ehh I'll see if I could build one sooner or later, but now Scavenging Time!" As the small gnome speaks to himself
Move to a different storage room, hopefully with a better stockpile of gears and materials, and time to scavenge again!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 02:08:09 am »

sssssss

Pounce again, attempting to knock the creature over.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5