Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]  (Read 7190 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist: The Reverse Karmic Device RTD (5/5) [Full]
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 04:38:31 am »

he would thank the old man for his gift and proceed to leave if not stopped by anything. It seems like a normal day today with something bad happening to someone else.
karmic device: trigger a negative event.
Sir Andal:Go look for others in need of help.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 04:49:30 am »

Mmh, speaking about that.
Currently the way it is working is my head is that you have negative karma points and positive karma points. So if you are at 0, you have neither of them so to speak.

If you are at +4, you can't use 10 points to get to -6 for example.

I hope I'm clear, and if you feel like you disagree or that it is boring, feel free to discuss :)

(also I laughed at the idea of a heroic swordsman lauded by the people, only for his somber secret to be the one causing disasters to solve using his karma device)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 04:52:15 am »

before he recovers Hit the man in the back trowing him into the floor.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 05:39:29 am »

Mmh, speaking about that.
Currently the way it is working is my head is that you have negative karma points and positive karma points. So if you are at 0, you have neither of them so to speak.

If you are at +4, you can't use 10 points to get to -6 for example.

I hope I'm clear, and if you feel like you disagree or that it is boring, feel free to discuss :)

(also I laughed at the idea of a heroic swordsman lauded by the people, only for his somber secret to be the one causing disasters to solve using his karma device)
So in other words, no accumulating karmic debt on either side of the fence using the device? Darn. Still, continue with the rest of my action.
Edit: while it does not spesify who it triggers the event for, I assumed it was going to be always negative for the player who owned the device. Am I incorrect?
Edit 2: why not include a threshold where the RCD still Causes stuff, but does not change karma status directly? Like at +-25 or so, it stops generating karma in that direction and triggers a secondary effect?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:34:09 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 12:02:51 am »

What if we can't intentionally go into debt, but we can earn positive points by hurting ourselves with the negative effects? It would make the troublemaker swordsman concept work, if Dustan wants to do that.

Never mind, I understand the concept better now.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:16:12 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 01:57:03 am »

What if we can't go into debt, but we can earn positive points by hurting ourselves with the negative effects? It would make the troublemaker swordsman concept work, if Dustan wants to do that.
Technically that is karmic debt still, it's just positive debt instead. So yeah.
Also, never said he was a troublemaker swordsman you cheeky presumptive people you!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 10:52:13 am »

So A' ruin delving I'll go!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 02:25:56 am »

"A future defense golem could be quite handy for the future... Ehh I'll see if I could build one sooner or later, but now Scavenging Time!" As the small gnome speaks to himself
Move to a different storage room, hopefully with a better stockpile of gears and materials, and time to scavenge again!

[6] Off scavenging you go, going for another storage room. As it turns out, the nearby room is another storage room. You enter inside, and feel overjoyed upon seeing a pile of materials and spare pieces. But it's still very dark, and look for the light switch.

You press something, and a ring goes off, complete with alarming red lights. The door brutally closes, sealing the place from the outside.

You notice the words "Emergency Lockdown". You secretly curse whoever was the architect who designed this place.

Spoiler: McSqueaky's Status (click to show/hide)

sssssss

Pounce again, attempting to knock the creature over.

[4] vs [6]
You pounce once more, succeeding at knocking the creature with your combined weight and momentum.
The creature retaliates with a powerful claw swipe, lacerating your torso. But a stream of your pressurized acidic blood spray into the creature's eyes, blinding it!

Hostile:
-Feathered humanoid reptile [Blinded]

he would thank the old man for his gift and proceed to leave if not stopped by anything. It seems like a normal day today with something bad happening to someone else.
Sir Andal:Go look for others in need of help.

[1] You bid farewell to the old man and leave his house. You head toward the forest trail leading back to the main road.

As you walk, you hear heavy groaning behind you. You turn back, and see a massive black bear, one unlike any bear you encountered. A massive mass of muscles and fat, with claws as large as daggers and bloodthirsty eyes... you heard of it, the so-called Black Demonbear of the Forest.

Hostile:
The Black Demonbear of the Forest

before he recovers Hit the man in the back trowing him into the floor.

[2] You attempt to hit him again but he rolls away, dodging your kick.

Aggressor: [3]
The man shambles back up and attempts to make a run for it.

Hostile:
-Shady aggressor

Spoiler: Hugh Mann's Status (click to show/hide)

So A' ruin delving I'll go!

[5] As you delve deeper into the ruins, you stumble upon... a gramophone in pristine condition and an inverted table.

Spoiler: SCREWUP's Status (click to show/hide)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 05:43:07 am »

Let him go and continue walking to your apartment.

Burn the -1 karma you are supposed to test this thing after all.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 11:53:58 am »

:Ohh, I wonder if theres any music around here,,,:
I look for music to play on the old 'Phone
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2017, 11:59:22 am »

Rearing back, I shriek from the claws. Then, I slowly look down...

I see he's blind and on his back, while i'm hurt and angry. While I have the upper hand, beat him within an inch of his life with every weapon I've got.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:21:25 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2017, 01:18:52 pm »

stand my ground. If it attacks, dodge out of the way and counterattack with a quick slash to it's back legs.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2017, 05:21:18 pm »

Look around in this room with the flashing red lights for the convenient switch to turn off the Emergency Lockdown, collecting any interesting mechanical gears and parts along he way

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 01:42:50 am »

Was a bit busy this week, next turn coming tomorrow :)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 02:04:21 am »

No worries, looking forward to the turn.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5