Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52199 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game [Sign up now!] [9/10]
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 07:46:39 pm »

Looks good.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »

JUST in case anyone's confused, whisperling was allready put on the list, so there is still one slot.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 11:26:20 pm »

IN!

Reading OP...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 11:34:56 pm »

Name: Good Guy Greg
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stats:
STR: --
DEX: --
SPD: --
END: --
POT: ++
WIL: --
CHA: ++++++++++++
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 11:35:58 pm »

Appearance:
Stats:

A clear sign that you didn't read the OP.

Only three maluses.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:55 pm »

While our contestants are getting ready, let's go over the map, shall we?

Oh yes indeed!  While I'm sure our longtime viewers are familiar with the Bridges of Fun map- it's one of my favorites!- it never hurts to look over it again.  Starting from the left, we see the landing area from the safe zone teleport.  It's protected by quite the nice fortification wall, and well, we all know what happens if an enemy manages to make it back this far.

They meet the defenses!

But there's no need, of course, because the objectives are far off!  The bridge off the starter island leads to a much lower defensive wall.  It's a spot of cover for anyone behind it.

And it's almost always the last line of defense, because in front of the line is rough terrain, and hard for anyone under fire to move in!  Wouldn't want to cross that when the acid spiders are coming, would we?

Oh my, yes, that last match here was something, wasn't it?  Anyway, beyond that is the halfway stone wall that splits the north and south partitions.  Those two tunnels through it provide interesting engagement angles.

And in the south is the first capture point!  It's wide in the open, and always a favorite spot for murder.  In front of it are the floating crystals; much too far overhead for those stuck fighting on the ground.

Which is why we always hope someone learns to fly!  To the north, a big grassy field leads toward the spike pits!  I sure hope to see them fill with body parts again!  I don't think this map has ever been played without at least two deaths to them!

Right you are!  And from there, the three titular Bridges of Fun!  Starting from the west side and north down, we first have the Broken Bridge!

My favorite!  A group of floating disks, always seemingly enough there to make the path as long as no one is messing with them!  In the middle is another capture point!

Next is the Sturdy Bridge!  They say it can be broken, but I don't think I've ever seen it done!

Me either!  It's got our next point.

Finally, we have the Weird Bridge!  I'm not sure how you go down one side and end up in the other, but it happens!

One of the officials explained it to me once, and it gave me such a headache I had to lie down for a week!

Well, folks, we'll not submit you to that.  As you can see, the other half of the map is just mirrored and inverted.  And that's the map!  I think things are getting ready to begin, so let's hear from those sponsors real quick!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game [Preparing...] [10/10]
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 12:38:03 am »

It looks like one contestant has a couple typos on his next-of-kin information, but we can go ahead and get started while that's worked out!

On the West half, we have...

Mr. Smith!  Already forgotten what he looks like!
Enki!  Nice hair, man!
Larry Laffer!  Haven't seen a leisure suit like that in years!
Johnny!  He's sure dressed for the occasion!
Jefro!  Rounds out the team in averageness!

Let's hear it for these future victims!  Now facing them on the East half, we have...

Good Guy Greg!  Smoke em if you got em!
Sir Lootington!  Pip pip cheerio, good man!  Too bad you can't keep that cane in here!
Derm!  We've heard nasty stories about this guy.
Bastien!  Looks like he has something to hide.
Poe Pello!  A young man, with so much life no longer ahead of him!

Looks like two interesting teams, here!  We'll all get great pleasure from watching them die!

Remember folks; they get five rounds to prepare, and then it's on to the murder?

Five.. Four.. Three.. Two.. One..... GO!

West team is:
FallacyofUrist
Ao
Dolosus
Whisperling
Coolrune

East team is:
ATHATH
TankKit
Derm
Shadowclaw
OceanSoul

Game on!  You're offscreen in your respective safe areas until the end of five turns, in which you'll all be unceremoniously dumped out to the clouded area on your side of the map.  Team damage is off for now, but it is on once the game starts for real.  Feel free to use spoilers, though please make it obvious to me which spoiler your actual actions are in.

ATHATH, you can only have up to --- +++++ total across all your stats.  Need to fix that by the time the turn starts.

Also, a reminder:  Your pool is equal to three plus any plusses you have, so if you have Channeling +, that means you have four pool.  That's up to four words you can use at once.  If you're out of combat, you get fully refilled every turn, but in combat you regain one point per turn.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:46:40 am by Toaster »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Righto, I've been round this block before. Gather round fellows, let me show you a neat trick. Otherwise, TEST TEST TEST, get this damn thing filled! Quantity over quality, we don't have much time!"

Honor system, people. Don't open spoilers by the other team.

(Due to previously unknown info, I have changed one channeling into potency, as the stats haven't been 'set in stone' yet. GM permission was given.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:53:46 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I'll allow you to change sheets until the first turn is processed, yes.  I've made some rule notes and clarifications in the OP, mostly because I am good at writing things in my notes then never posting them in thread.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"I find it best if we find out a consistent spell option among the words first, Also I'll try to go from the book's last words to first words if anyone cares"

(If anyone really cares about their action being really sneaky and savage than couldn't they just PM the GM their move?)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"Oh no, I do hope there's a spell that allows me to get a cane in here! Hmmm, let's try... This!"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:50:59 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

((Oh god I'm not on Derm's team. That means at some point in the game, I WILL be turned into a sheep.))

Jefro waves hello to his team.

"Hello."

He then stands around awkwardly for a bit.

"So... I think I just say some magic words... and things happen? Like, I think I can say a total of four?"

He looks sidelong at Enki.

"Hmmm.... would you care to be my test experiment? A yes is assumed, of course."

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:38:29 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 07:41:10 am »

Appearance:
Stats:

A clear sign that you didn't read the OP.

Only three maluses.
Also, he has 14 pluses and 10 maluses. Even if there wasn't a limit to the pluses/maluses, it couldn't be accepted.
"Oh no, I do hope there's a spell that allows me to get a cane in here! Hmmm, let's try... This!"
Spoiler: East Team (click to show/hide)

Toaster, If a spell would cause something harmful to any of us, would we at least be able to know what it is before the room negates it?
Spoiler: East Coast (click to show/hide)

That announcer sounds familiar... the first one, that is. Isn't he the guy from Mystery !!SCIENCE!! Theatre 3000?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:45:09 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I forgot to mention that you can come up with your own team names.

Editing's fine, but for my sanity's sake, please edit out your previous post so I don't double see actions.

Toaster, If a spell would cause something harmful to any of us, would we at least be able to know what it is before the room negates it?

Yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35