Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 51835 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

I thought about making a team name, but I'd like to see what we get in these first few rounds first, in case we end up getting some defining spell, material, etc.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

"Thanks announcer, my hair is seriously cool!"

((Oh god I'm not on Derm's team. That means at some point in the game, I WILL be turned into a sheep.))

Jefro waves hello to his team.

"Hello."

He then stands around awkwardly for a bit.

"So... I think I just say some magic words... and things happen? Like, I think I can say a total of four?"

He looks sidelong at Enki.

"Hmmm.... would you care to be my test experiment? A yes is assumed, of course."

"It's not like I can stop you."

Spoiler: Wizards of West Coast? (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"We're already fighting each other? Ugh."

Experimentation!

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

"We're already fighting each other? Ugh."

Experimentation!

((On who?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((On nobody in particular. Straight up, if I must pick a direction.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Word order, stance, intent, and facing may all influence what a spell does, depending on the words used.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game [Sign up now!] [7/10]
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 01:26:14 pm »

"Larry Laffer at your service gentlemen"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New Stats:
STR: --
DEX: -
SPD:
END:
POT: ++
WIL:
CHA: +++

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

New Stats:
STR: --
DEX: -
SPD:
END:
POT: ++
WIL:
CHA: +++

Also, that's everybody.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Both teams begin in their respective spawn areas.  It's an area of quasidimensional space with ill-defined boundaries.  There's enough semblance of wall for those who wish to aim at one to hit one, but trying to discretely describe any areas is a waste of effort.  The safe areas exist outside the map; the clouded areas are where the teams spawn in when they leave the safe areas.

TEAM EAST

[Pot:4+2]

A shimmering image of a rather sizable bear appears before you, then fades away.

[Pot:6+2]

Another shimmering image; this one of the robiest robe that your robey eyes have ever laid their eyes on.  It's enough to make you weep when it disappears.

Man, you'd look fabulous wearing that.

[Pot:5+2]

Another image, this of a chain that looks like it'd hold up a battleship anchor.

An image of a fine set of rather large gloves.

An image of a cage fit for a zoo.

You stay inside the spawn area, since you're not allowed to leave yet.  You can still aim at a wall, though.

Your left arm is briefly covered with eldritch runes, but they fade away, seemingly without actual effect.

A teammate helpfully tells you that the same thing happened, except this time to your head.

[Pot:3+2]

This time, your torso.  In no case do you think anything stuck.

Spoiler: East Coast (click to show/hide)

Several sheets of a strange purple metal clatter to the floor in front of you.

A shimmering image of a wall appears before you, then fades away.

[Pot:1+2]

Nothing happens.

You cough, retch, and spew forth a big cone of nothing from your throat.

[Pot:2+2]

A grey fog appears over your right shoulder before dissipating into nothingness.

Several chocolate bars and assorted hard candies appear before you and plop to the ground in a sweet pile.

Several quite large sheets of rubber bounce to the ground in front of you, scattering everywhere.

A massive 10-foot boulder crashes to the ground hard in front of you.  Good thing this space is quasidimensional and stretches as needed, or you'd be running out of room fast.

This time dozens of 3-foot crystals appear in front of you, making an even bigger pile of crap.

You're almost relieved when this spell only makes a small bush sprout in front of you.

A grey fog appears above your right shoulder, but fades away.

A shimmering image of a giant man with rippling muscles appears.  He flexes at you as he fades away.

A shimmering image of a pole with an axe on the end appears, then fades.

As you speak the words, you are suddenly struck with a vision of a strange land, in which every being knows magic, where crystals and glass shine, and spells are as common as water.  It's as if you were transported to the birthplace of magic.  The vision fades, and you are back to where you started.

Nothing happens.

TEAM WEST

The first two of you square off at each other.

[Pot:5]

A well-made pair of steel gauntlets forms into being in front of you, then clatter to the ground. 

[Pot:5]

A magical sparkle spreads and covers your whole body, but fades away before doing anything.

[Pot:4]

A grey fog appears over your right shoulder, but fades without doing anything.

Spoiler: Wizards of West Coast? (click to show/hide)

[Pot:3+1]

You are swept away of a vision of a land of death.  Decay, rot, signs of the passage of life are everywhere.  Everything that you picture when you think of death is here.  It fades, and you are back to where you were.

A shimmering image of a long-shafted weapon with a blade at the end appears, then fades away.

[Pot:4+1]

Nothing happens.

A hand formed of a brownish liquid appears before you for a moment, before shooting off toward the east and exploding outward, leaving nothing but the smell of whiskey in the air.

Huh.

[Pot:6]

You're pretty sure you did the spell right, but nothing seems to happen.

[Pot:1]

This time, you just completely bungle it.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

A glob of magma appears in front of you, then splashes to the ground with a hiss.   Eeep.

A shimmering image of a seriously large cage appears before you, then fades away.

Nothing happens.

A quivering glob of nothing shoots out from your right finger.

Eldritch runes appear for a moment on your right arm, then fade away without doing anything.

Looks like our contestants are playing with their new magic abilities!  I'm impressed no one managed to almost hurt themselves yet!

Yes, it is a surprise!  People do tend to focus magic power, sure, but everyone here is a complete weakling!  If they had an arm wrestling contest, everyone would lose!

Too right!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - Spawn Room (6 Pool)
TankKit: Sir Lootington - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - Spawn Room  (5 Pool)
Shadowclaw: Bastien - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - Spawn Room (5 Pool)

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - Spawn Room (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - Spawn Room (4 Pool)

If you're not in combat, you get all your pool back at turn end.  Otherwise, you regain one point per turn.  If you're in the status as (3/3 Pool), you're in combat regen.  If you see just the maximum (3 Pool) you're at full regen.

This turn dedicated to Patrick Star
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West Side, Best Side (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Ooh, promising, promising. Keep it up, guys!"

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"Hmph, seems that everything we cast is just poofing away"
EDIT: "Fine, if you so on insist than I will just spam out words instead of any combos
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:28:15 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Hmph, seems that everything we cast is just poofing away"

"An element is needed for shapes to work. Just find as many definitions as you can, we can make items along the way when we're free."

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:31:21 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35