Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52211 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Well, not the result I expected for spell #2. Interesting - if that wasn't a mistake, I'll have to make note of that in the public words.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Weary East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: WrestleMania West (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Wondering East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eating West (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Excitement (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Just waiting on Person and Dolosus.

Mod note:  I'll be out of town Tuesday-Saturday, so there won't be any updates during then.  If you have any burning questions I might check the thread a couple times, but a PM is more likely to get my attention.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Weehawken
« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2017, 08:14:56 am »

Sorry mates. RL things, you know?

Spoiler: West World (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Charleston, Charleston, made in Carolina
« Reply #462 on: May 27, 2017, 10:27:27 pm »

A partial turn got eaten, but I think all the important bits are there.

TEAM EAST

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4-1]

[Dex:5-1]

You easily dodge a stab from Enki; his jackal friend laughs at him.

[Pot:3]

He sidesteps your anemic magma blob.  Maybe it's laughing at both of you?

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

Your quantum movement from last turn resolves to north.  Please (everyone) try to be more specific in the future.

[Speed:1]

You charge to the bridge... oh yeah, there's a wall here.  No problem, you got this!

[Str:3+2]

You climb it like it's not even there.

[Dex:1+2]  //honestly you can't fail this jump without a penalty

The jump's pretty unimpressive.  If it wasn't an easy jump you might have taken a plunge.  As is, it was so easy you can finish your charge.

[Dex:4+2]
[Str:3+2]

Enki isn't ready for you, and you land a chop with the poleaxe on his arm.  He grimaces and grabs his reddening sleeve.

Spoiler: Eastern Excitement (click to show/hide)

He's watching you closely... but you go for it anyway.

[Dex:2+2]

You land the mount, but barely.  He immediately starts trying to buck you off.

[Dex:3+2]

You ride it like a rodeo star, even fixing your stance in the process.  But now what?  He's still fighting you, and yelling orders at him does nothing.

Again you yield initiative to shield against the bigger threat.  Unfortunately this gives Jefro an opening.

[Dex:2+1]
[Str:3]

He starts grappling you, and is clearly going for a chokehold; he's almost there too.  Larry's aiming a spell at you now!

[Dex:2+1]

It's a good thing your shield was aimed that way, or you would have gotten a piece of that.   Now can you deal with Jefro?

[Dex:1+1]
[Str:3]

The crack of his arm and loosening of his grip says yes.  You're not able to get your spell off, though.

[Speed:1-1]

You wheel to charge again and OH GOD HUGE FIREBALL

[Dex:1]
[End:5]

It impacts you square in the chest, giving you some delicious burns.  A judicious slapping ensures that you don't completely ignite, but it's all you can do to not fall off your horse; you've lost your initiative here.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: Western Druid (click to show/hide)

[Speed:6+1]

You encourage the jackal to join in the murder.  It starts baying; is that good?

[Dex:1+1]

Or maybe it's just laughing at your terrible aim.

[Dex:5+1-1]

Meanwhile, you lazily sidestep a small magma blob.  You two aren't impressing the crowds.

[Dex:3+1-1]
[End:5]

Aarrgh!  Person comes at you from behind and chops into your arm.  It's hurt pretty bad.

Spoiler: Annoyed West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4-1]

You yodel skillfully.  Greg's well-trained and battle tested mount is unphased.  Plan B?

[Pot:5+1]
[Will:2+1]

Going with the grand tradition of wizards everywhere, you shoot a massive fireball at your foe.  This one is especially burny, and also well aimed.  You give him several nice burns, and put him off his attack.  He's still mounted, though.

Casty walky

[Pot:2+1] I think

A grey fog settles in on your right shoulder.  Hmm.

[Pot:1+1]  Pretty sure.

A tiny bone (you think) glove appears and tinks down.  It whistles a bit.

Spoiler: WrestleMania West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:2+1]

You go for the grab on Derm, who just moved his shield more against Larry.

[Dex:5]
[Str:4-1]

You're able to grapple Derm, but your chokehold isn't firm enough to actually strangle him... yet.  Your teammate unsuccessfully tries to fry both of you.

[Dex:1]
[End:1]

Then Derm breaks your left arm.  Aaaargh!

Spoiler: West World (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1]

You focus hard on your quarry and unleash a spell.

[Pot:4]
[Will:2]

Derm's able to duck back behind the shield and avoid your nice fireball.  Probably good, because Jefro was grappling him.

Ouch!  That mace is doing some work.

It sure is!  They could use him up north; they're having trouble.

Ooo, not any more!  That'll give Enki some trouble.

Quote from: Team East, 6 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - West Steel Pits (Steel Aura, 2/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1] {Light burns on head, Burns on chest, Light burns on left leg}
Person: Person - North Capture Point (2/2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe] [+1]
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (5/5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield] [+1]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 3 Pool) {Chest bandaged}[+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Chest heavily burned, Left arm burned, Face bleeding}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 1/4 Pool) {Right arm bleeding} [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (2/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves] {Left leg burned, Right arm badly lacerated}
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Capture Point (3/5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - West Outer Fort, North (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Capture Point (2/4 Pool) {Light burns on head, Light burns on chest, Broken Rib, Left arm broken}

Quote from: Control Point Status
North: Neutral
East: East
South: East
West: East

Double check turns and such; I lost a bit of turn and may have missed bits recovering it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:50:18 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Execution? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:29:31 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35