Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52389 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West is Best (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:28:27 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  Oh hey, that's erryone.

EDIT2:  Just kidding; miscounted spoilers.  Missing FallacyofUrist.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:21:10 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT:  Oh hey, that's erryone.

EDIT2:  Just kidding; miscounted spoilers.  Missing FallacyofUrist.
Spoiler: East Side (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Huh. Booze!"

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I'm doing the turn instead of going to bed like I should be.  I blame all of you.

TEAM EAST

[Pot:3+2]

A shimmering image of a nice pair of greaves.

[Pot:5+2]

An image of a massive cow, with practically pulsating udders and tenderlions.  You might just be projecting your lack of breakfast a bit.

This is a shimmering image of a snake.

[Pot:2+2]

This one... looks like it's flying.  A little blurry, but it has feathers and a beak.

[Pot:6+2]

The image you get with this one is of a mighty warhammer.  It looks like Sauron should be slinging this around.

[Pot:4+2]

A grey fog starts to settle in over your right shoulder, but dissipates harmlessly.

This gets you the same result.

And again, the same result.

Magic sucks, man.

You don't have scales or anything, but the weight doesn't seem really unusual.  It's hard to tell, but it seems to dent a bit easily.  You heft a sheet, but they're big enough so that holding it is awkward.

A magical sparkle seems to envelop your left arm.  It flashes with a gleam and is gone.

A grey fog appears over your right shoulder and vanishes without doing anything.

[Pot:1+2]

Faint eldritch runes come into being on your left leg, but recede and vanish.

[Pot:4+2]

The magical sparkle returns, this time covering your whole body.  It too flashes into a gleam and goes away.

This time the magical sparkle is on your left leg.  It seems to merely fade from view.

A bar of silver forms in front of you, then thuds to the floor.

A loud buzzing fills the room.  **SAFETY PROTOCOLS ENGAGED**

Everyone sees a second, ghostly version of you casting this spell, then getting blasted backward by some sort of invisible force of impact.  The real you is unaffected.  Huh; guess that's what they mean by team damage is off here.

A teammate whose attention was attracted by the result of the last spell informs you that eldritch runes briefly covered your head, but faded away.

This gives you the shimmering image of a bear.  Roar.

A few anemic sparks and electrical buzzes vaguely menace the air in front of you.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

A massive gust of outrushing air staggers you, but you keep your feet.

There's another buzz as the safety protocols engage again.  You watch ghost you summon a rather worryingly large amount of magma which falls and burns your legs off.  It's not something you ever want to see again.

A few bricks made of foam flup to the ground in front of you.  It's almost disappointing after watching a phantom version of yourself suffer excruciating burns.

A large lump of flesh forms in front of you then spluts to the ground.  Ewww; it's alive.  And oozing a bit.

A rather massive chunk of obsidian appears in front of you, then falls straight down; right onto the flesh mass.  SPLAT.

GROSS.  It's all over your legs!  This is worse than magma!

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Side, Best Side (click to show/hide)

[Pot:2]

You get what looks like a steel polearm of some type for a toy soldier.  Cute.

[Pot:1]

This is a shimmering image of a complete blob.  Boo.

Spoiler: Wild West (click to show/hide)

You pick up the gloves, causing Jefro no small amount of consternation, then try a spell.

[Pot:1+1]

Nothing happens.  Hrm.  Dropping the gloves, you move on.

[Pot:5+1]

FWOOSH goes the stream of magma shooting out of your right finger.  It's a good thing you didn't aim that at anyone.

Spoiler: West is Best (click to show/hide)

[Pot:5]

A bit of quivering nothing hovers in front of you for a second, then shoots toward your closest teammate.

Maybe something happened in the space in front of you?

[Pot:4]

You cough and retch, and hack up nothing.  Hmmm.

[Pot:4]

A quivering mass of nothing shoots out in a cone shape in front of you.

Something moved in front of you.  Probably.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

A shimmering image appears before you.  Something short, narrow, and pointy, with a wider bit at the end?

Another image; this of something hand-shaped but maybe wearable?

OH JESUS FUCK THAT'S A HUGE FUCKING COCKROACH!  You let out a high-pitched squeal before you realize it was just an image that faded.

A sizable chunk of ice appears before you and chunks to the ground.  Brrr.

A loud buzzing breaks out.  **SAFETY PROTOCOLS ENGAGED**

You see a ghostly version of you sucked forward into whatever you summoned, with one other teammate losing footing and smashing into you.  After a moment, the two of you then drop into a dazed heap.

Huh.

[Pot:6+1]

You mind travels to an existence of endless green; trees, plants, vines, animals, and creatures of all types everywhere.  Everything is verdant and growing.  Nature at its most primal, untouched by the ravages of machine.  You fade back into reality, with a whiff of wet leaves still in your nose.

[Pot:2+1]

A silvery metal... something appearing in your face before immediately exploding and showering you with shards.  Good thing it wasn't big, whatever it was. Stung a bit; doesn't look like the safety mechanism protects you from every bump and scrape.

Oh look, several instances of spawn protection!  Oh, that magma one looked delightful.  It would have made the highlight reel for certain!

Let's just hope someone does it again for real!  It's always hilarious to see someone suffer and die because of their own mistake!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - Spawn Room (6 Pool)
TankKit: Sir Lootington - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - Spawn Room  (5 Pool)
Shadowclaw: Bastien - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - Spawn Room (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - Spawn Room (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - Spawn Room (4 Pool)

And that's what happens if you do something too dangerous to yourself or teammates.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Oh my! This is fantastic! Let's see what I can cook up here. You guys, keep testing words! Focus on the first two pages, favoring the first."

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

"See, nothing happened. I don't get why you complain so much."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Westeros (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Spoiler: EAST (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

snip

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

snip

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35