Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52707 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Pre-Turn 5 [Get ready...]
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:59 pm »

Spoiler: EAST!!! (click to show/hide)

Nothing to see here...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:13:36 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:03 pm »

"We aren't prepared at all, are we?"

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

Spoiler: West Indes (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

I won't be able to regularly post until next Tuesday night. I nominate Derm as GGG's controller until I get back.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2017, 04:14:35 pm »

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:20:05 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2017, 04:42:11 pm »

Spoiler: Western Architecture (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:41 pm »

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2017, 11:11:13 am »

Just waiting on TankKit, I believe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2017, 11:46:35 am »

Shadowclaw777, too.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2017, 11:50:55 am »

Shadowclaw777, too.
Nope my action was the first one posted after the update

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2017, 12:50:45 pm »

Shadowclaw777, too.
Nope my action was the first one posted after the update
Though it was a copy of your previous action, my bad.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

TEAM EAST

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Pot:5+2]

You see a shimmering image of a magnificent hippopotamus.  It looks quite hungry hungry.

This gets you an image of a quite large bat flapping about, echolocating things.

[Pot:6+2]

Ever seen any Monty Python?  Know that giant foot that comes crashing down on things?  That's what this looks like.

A little bit of nothing flops out of your right hand.

Nothing shoots straight up.

[Pot:1+2]

Really hard to tell what happened with this one.  You think it stayed nearby?

A little bit of nothing explodes quite a lot in your face.  Good thing it's not actually anything.

More bits of nothing shoot straight down.

Spoiler: EAST!!! (click to show/hide)

A 5-foot femur crashes to the ground in front of you.  Huh.

A chunk of unformed ceramic cracks to the ground, bouncing off the bone.

[Pot:2+2]

A few small planks of wood join the pile.

You're just barely able to jump back from this one; a splash of acid covers the pile and starts eating away at the organics.

[Pot:1+2]

This gets you a few scraps of cloth.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

You put on the robe.  Well, you try at least; it won't wear as a robe, but you manage to tie the sleeves around to give you a bit of a jaunty half-cape.

[Pot:6+2-1]
[Will:5]

This spell gives you a surprising amount of trouble.  First, something about the cape clearly does not like something about the spell you are casting; there is magical interference coming from it that hinders the spell.  Second, the magic itself doesn't want to be forced into this shape, but by sheer force of will you make it behave.

Magical sparkles flow out across your whole body, then burst into light.  Your skin takes on two hues; one a metallic dull grey, the other tinted with the same energetic look Derm had earlier.  It's a bit hard to maintain; this aura won't stay forever.

[Pot:5+2-1]

Neither your robe nor your aura like this spell.  Your innate magical talent is sufficient to override their objections, though.

A dark glow fills the air as a skull appears.  A spine-shaped shaft comes down from it, while a wicked blade juts out of the back of the skull.  It leaves you with a grim-looking guisarme.  It's fairly sizable, as well.  The skull's eye sockets look a lot darker than they really should.

Magical sparkles celebrate you creating a mixed pile of sand, ice, copper, and booze.  Hmm.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: Kanye (West) (click to show/hide)

They would fit (though be really really small), but you've got no way to affix them.  And even if you could work the metal, they're too small to go around its neck.  They're smaller than your pinky.

[Pot:1]

You just completely miscast this spell.

[Pot:2+1]

Well, now you have a glass puppy of your own!  It licks your foot.  Jefro's glass dog comes over, and there is much sniffing of each other.  Yours wants to play.

Spoiler: West Indes (click to show/hide)

[Pot:4]

A human torso made of gleaming crystal thuds down before you.   It'd be a decent art piece, you suppose.

[Pot:1]

Nope.  Whatever cool spell you wanted isn't happening.

Spoiler: Western Architecture (click to show/hide)

You shove the knife to your side, in case you need it.

[Pot:6+1]

You see an image of a giant cube.  Briefly you think that one of these could be controlling your fate.  But that'd be silly.

Right?

[Pot:4+1]

Sweet!  Nunchucks!  Just need to combine this with the sword word and you'll be golden!

[Pot:6+1]

That's quite a big chain.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

A green, foul looking liquid splashes down in front of you.  You're glad you jumped back in time, because that looks dangerous.

[Pot:4+2]

A boulder lands in the puddle.

A giant mass of flesh lands in the puddle as well.  It starts immediately corroding the flesh.  You REALLY don't like the way the flesh is pulsing in response.

Several large chunks of neon green plastic land in the puddle.  It's not affected.

[Pot:4+2]

Another liquid splashes down.  Smells like gasoline.  You wonder what happens when you mix gas and acid, but nothing terrible seems to be happening.  Probably best not to drink it.

There's a cheery little *ding* noise.

And that's it!  Game on!

All ten of you are dumped out of the safe area and into the actual map in your respective bases.  Facing toward the center is a tall defensive wall, with easy access to the top on your own end.  There are crenelations for protection on top; looks like it could be easily held against siege.  The wall is curved, and to get toward the center there are walkways around the wall, leading toward the bridge leading off the island.  Behind the wall there is a large box labeled "ARMORY;" any gear you stow in there will stay there and available.  It's empty now, though.

Facing away, toward the edge, there are two crystal towers with a faintly glowing sphere on top.  Something tells you those are automatic defensive turrets.

The arena itself is a series of stone islands floating in a void.  Better not fall off the edge.

We are ready to go, ladies and gentlemen!  What strategies will our teams use?  Who will conquer the Fields of Magical Murder?

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - East Base (Ethereal-Steel Aura [5 turns], 6 Pool) [Ethereal Half-Cape]
TankKit: Sir Lootington - East Base (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - East Base  (5 Pool)
Shadowclaw: Bastien - East Base (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - East Base (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Base (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Base (3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, not equipped]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Base (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - West Base (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Base (4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]

It's on for real now!  No more danger protection.  And yes, before you ask, there is team damage.

Go!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:09:17 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 0 [GO!]
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2017, 01:36:19 pm »

"CYKA BLYAT!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 0 [GO!]
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2017, 01:45:52 pm »

Spoiler: West Nile Virus PLAN (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35