Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52712 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 0 [GO!]
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2017, 01:45:11 pm »

Shadow, ATH, and tank

Pls review EAST plan and sumbit your action.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2017, 02:51:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:19:37 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2017, 10:05:41 am »

Team East:  Still waiting on ATHATH and TankKit.  Since it's been a while, I'll go ahead and accept substitute actions for them so we can get moving.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2017, 01:11:10 pm »

Team East:  Still waiting on ATHATH and TankKit.  Since it's been a while, I'll go ahead and accept substitute actions for them so we can get moving.

Just have them follow my plan if you would.

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2017, 01:27:03 pm »

...Due to some unforseen dificulties, and a very angry friend, I'm afraid I won't be able to continue playing this game.

Don't ask what happened.

Seriously.

Don't ask.

Please.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2017, 01:29:17 pm »

...Due to some unforseen dificulties, and a very angry friend, I'm afraid I won't be able to continue playing this game.

Don't ask what happened.

Seriously.

Don't ask.

Please.
What DIDN'T happen?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2017, 02:48:39 pm »

No problem; sorry to hear that.  I'll ask Person if he wants in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »

Person has replaced TankKit.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2017, 04:58:11 pm »

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:03:30 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Sir Lootington shivers and shakes a bit, then looks somewhat different.  Hmmm.

TEAM EAST
"CYKA BLYAT!"

All of Team East charges across the stone bridge.  Across the bridge is a much larger island.  The first thing they see is a small curved and raised fortification, smaller than the one on the home island.  This one is about four feet high, with a solid wall on the defending side and a shallow rise on the central-facing side.  There are a few sets of stairs on the defending side to allow easy access up and across.  Derm breaks south, while Bastien, Poe Pello, Sir Lootington, and Greg all veer north.  They all go north dammit I checked this like five times

The next area is a large section of rough terrain.  Instead of the packed earth at the front, this is loose gravel, small rocks, and sandy catches.  One could run across it with no issue if they weren't, say, having horribly destructive spells chucked at them.  Running and dodging across this terrain is a recipe for tripping.

The group reaches the far end of their respective halves of this rough terrain.  A large stone wall looms ahead, splitting the island horizontally.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Nile Virus PLAN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Western Master (click to show/hide)

Larry and Enki sprint across the bridge and into the southern half of the rough terrain.  Enki can't get his fog cloud to do what he wants.

Spoiler: West is on the move (click to show/hide)

Jefro runs across the bridge, making it all the way to the northern fortification wall, taking cover behind.  He breaks out the magic.

[Pot:2]

A tiny pair of bracers appears in front of Jefro.  It hovers there for a second before shooting straight up.  A breeze catches it and Jefro loses sight of them.

"Who's a good boy! You are! Now please help me murderize the east side."

John tries to get the puppy to follow him as he does other stuff.

Spoiler: Other Stuff, West (click to show/hide)

The puppy licks John's leg, then follows him up on top of the fortifications.  It's really a nice vantage point up here.

[Pot:6+1]

John and his puppy are joined by a huge wolf, as tall as he is.  Its flesh is glassy, and sparks of electricity arc between its strands of fur.  Its regal head looks around the battlements, then focuses on you.  It doesn't look impressed.

The puppy's tail goes between its legs.

Spoiler: Wizards of the West (click to show/hide)

Johnny jogs up to the southern half of the fortifications, takes cover, then starts spellcasting.

[Pot:2+2]

Magical runes etch themselves into his right arm.  They fade, but not completely.

[Pot:3+2]

Your left leg is covered with magical sparkles, but they fade and disappear.

Not a bad start!  One side is rushing while the other is preparing!  Which will work out better?

No telling until we see more!

Well, we always hope to see mangled limbs!

Too right!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - East Rocky Field, North (Ethereal-Steel Aura [5 turns], 6 Pool) [Ethereal Half-Cape]
Person: Sir Lootington - East Rocky Field, North (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - East Rocky Field, South  (5 Pool)
Shadowclaw: Bastien - East Rocky Field, North (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - East Rocky Field, North (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Base, Battlements (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Rocky Field, South (3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, not equipped]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Rocky Field, South (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - West Outer Fort, South (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Outer Fort, North (4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:43:24 pm by Toaster »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Weeeeeest (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Spoiler: North-East (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Right... ho."

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Minor correction to the East turn.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35