Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52919 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 8 [Still Even]
« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2017, 08:56:37 pm »

By my count, that's everyone. Unless there's something in East side that needs addressing still; but all players have posted.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Don't you... forget about me.
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2017, 09:18:13 pm »

TEAM EAST

You concentrate on the proper application of magical force.

Edited

[Speed:1]

Jefro fails to de-bear himself.  Good thing, because Johnny just melted your teammate, leaving you awfully alone in the south.  Wait, do you really want to tackle someone with a bear sitting on him?  You go for a few kicks instead.

[Dex:1+2]

[Str:1-1]

Between you not wishing to aggravate the bear and his wriggling, you don't actually hurt him.

[Speed:5]

[Dex:1]

You totally fail to put out the flames.  Panicking, you focus on that magical sparkle, which bursts into being.

You feel your body shifting, and indeed, you transform into a giant bird.  Spreading your wings, you flap hard and take to the skies.  You fly, a flaming Icarus, to the far side of the crystal field before you feel your magic fading.  You land as you revert to your original form, the sparkle fading away.

[End:3]

Too bad you're STILL ON FIRE and it HURTS

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Sorry about this taking so long.

((No problem))

[Speed:6]

That sword Johnny has looks pretty sweet.  You'll have it.

[Dex:1+1-2]

Unfortunately, he sees you coming and moves to counter.

[Dex:4+1]
[End:3-1]

The sword bites into your right leg, your pants turning red.

[Dex:4+1-1]
[End:2-1]

The pain distracts you long enough for Johnny to line up an attack.  He opens his mouth unnaturally wide and spews forth a cone of greenish chunks, which start hitting you dead center.  Each one shocks and stuns you, locking you in place while the liquid burns away first your shirt, then the flesh on your chest.  The pain only lasts a few seconds before everything goes black.

Sir Lootington has died!

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Dakota? (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5]

Sir Lootington makes it easy by charging right at you!

[Dex:2+1]

His injuries slow him down, and he telegraphs his attack enough to open himself up to a defensive strike.

[Dex:6+1]
[Str:4-2]

You step aside and sweep low with the sword.  You have trouble managing the mass of the sword, but your aim is true and you gash his leg nicely.

His poor maneuvering leaves you time for your own magical assault!

[Pot:4+2-1]
[Dex:6+1]

Your sword dislikes something in this spell, but your raw magical power makes up for it.  You cough, shudder, then open your mouth to spew a torrent of... pyramidal chunks of cracking greenish liquid at Lootington.  He stands there as he is repeatedly pelted by the chunks, each bursting against him, releasing a burst of electricity while dissolving clothing and flesh.  The torrent continues until he collapses lifeless to the ground.

Nice.

Johnny has one point to spend!

[Speed:5+1]

[Str:2-1]

Your laughable attempt to de-bear yourself does nothing but annoy the bear.  He swings at you.

[Bear Dex:1]
[Dex:1+1]

[Bear Str:3]
[End:1]

The bear's attack is weak and poorly aimed, but your dodge attempt is almost as bad.  It rakes its bony claws down the side of your face, which starts bleeding profusely.

Oh look, here comes Bastien, with a kick-a-man-while-he's-down look in his eyes.

[Dex:3+1]

His wimpy kicks merely tickle you.

"Haha! Puppymancy is best mancy!"

Instead of attacking you, Poe turns into a flaming bird and flies off.  You lean over to pet your puppies; hey, the slow one finally caught up!

Spoiler: Wilder Things in West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3+1]

You jump onto the central platform right as Poe turns into a flaming phoenix and flies away.  Huh.  Well, you are right next to the capture point...

The two dead players respawn in their respective off-map spawn areas.  (Remember, you can't cast in the spawn areas any more; you'll have to move to the base first.)

More death!  How glorious!

Chalk up another kill for acid, aye?

It's always a fun way to go.  East may have one more point, but their position is weakening a bit.  Can they defend their holdings?

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - East Spawn Area (6 Pool)
Person: Sir Lootington - DEAD
Derm: Derm - Non-Euclidean Bridge  (5 Pool) [Leather Gloves] [Focusing Pot]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (2/3 Pool) [+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - East Crystal Field(2/5 Pool)  {Chest burned, !!On Fire!!}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 4 Pool) [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (3/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Spawn Area (5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 1/5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned} [+1]
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (4/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]  {Light burns on chest, Head bleeding}

I've started marking people who have bonus points, so their enemies know who the priority targets are.  Remember that unlike most Perplexicon games, they aren't actually worth more to kill; killing them just makes them lose all bonuses.

Person, since you replaced in, you have this one chance to fully respec if you'd like.

If Dolosus + AthAth don't want to respec, do they still need to post?

Nah.  They can't actually act this turn, so they just appear in the off-map respawn area.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:50:37 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 9 [The Phoenix]
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2017, 09:36:37 pm »

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2017, 09:37:13 pm »

Spoiler: Another Eastern Pun (click to show/hide)
Edited: Nothing was wrong with the spoiler, nothing at all.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:40:51 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:02:12 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2017, 10:29:57 pm »

Spoiler: Weirdest West (click to show/hide)

Are the transformations still in effect? They seem to have vanished from the statuses.
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2017, 10:47:53 pm »

Are the transformations still in effect? They seem to have vanished from the statuses.

Which ones?  The bird form only lasted the turn, but if I missed one, please tell me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:22 pm »

Which ones?  The bird form only lasted the turn, but if I missed one, please tell me.
My magnet-ice one, the enemy's steel aura, my team-mate's leg.

Edit: Never mind, they are still there, I just didn't see them because I was looking in inventory. Oops.
The Cyan Menace

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2017, 01:48:38 am »

Spoiler: Victorious West (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2017, 02:10:26 am »

Spoiler: For west eyes only (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2017, 03:15:33 am »

Spoiler: For west eyes only (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Western conspiracy (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2017, 07:17:00 am »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:27:34 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2017, 08:39:00 am »

I was asked if damage over time effects keep a player in combat regeneration.  I thought about it, and the answer is yes, for one extra turn past the start of AoE.  To make sure that's clear, let's example:

In one turn, A sets B on fire,  B runs away, and A does not pursue.  Normally, at the end of the next turn, both A and B would out of combat regeneration.  However, since A is burning, A remains in combat regeneration until the end of the following turn- even if A burns for five turns, it's still only one extra turn.

Another example:

Turn 1:  A sets B on fire.
Turn 2:  B blasts A five squares away.
Turn 3:  Neither A nor B reengage.  Both A and B are out of combat regeneration at the end of this turn.

Since the damage over time effect started two turns before combat ended, its extra turn effect didn't apply.

Clear as mud?  It gives DoT a nice niche effect as a "parting shot."

Free hint: not every fireball is going to set someone on fire.  Poe Pello burned because he was soaked in gas.  The typical "fireball to the face" is going to scorch and be done.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2017, 08:49:17 am »

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2017, 01:47:45 pm »

Edit: Ignore this.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:17:06 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35