Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52710 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 9 [The Phoenix]
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2017, 01:54:40 pm »

FFFF damn it. Well, I'd like that full respect you offered. Here's the new sheet which I guess everyone should be able to see.

Name: Person
Appearance: Vaguely British looking and male, but otherwise exceedingly difficult to describe.
Stats:
Strength: --
Dexterity: ++
Speed:
Endurance: --
Potency: ++
Will: -
Channeling: +++

And now the action, which not everyone should be able to see.
Spoiler: Eastern Revival (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eastern Plotting (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2017, 02:38:18 pm »

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2017, 03:19:15 pm »

FFFF damn it. Well, I'd like that full respect you offered. Here's the new sheet which I guess everyone should be able to see.

Appearance: Vaguely British looking and male, but otherwise exceedingly difficult to describe.
Stats:
Strength: --
Speed:
Endurance: --
Potency: ++
Will: -
Channeling: +++

And now the action, which not everyone should be able to see.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2017, 04:19:52 pm »

All right all right I'll change it. You can get rid of those quotes now. I guess I'll be a muscle wizard after all. Apparently I misread the stat rules a fair bit at first.

Stats:
Strength: ++
Speed:
Endurance: +
Potency:
Will: --
Channeling: -

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:22:55 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2017, 04:23:53 pm »

All right all right I'll change it. You can get rid of those quotes now. I guess I'll be a muscle wizard after all. Apparently I misread the stat rules a fair bit at first.

Stats:
Strength: ++
Speed:
Endurance: +
Potency:
Will: --
Channeling: -

Remember, you can only move 1 stat point on death/rebirth.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »

Remember, you can only move 1 stat point on death/rebirth.

While this is true, I gave Person (and Flabort) one chance at a full respec since they replaced in and didn't necessarily start with the character they wanted.

Just lacking one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 22, 2017, 09:09:27 pm »

If I do die, I won't NEED to move more than one point ;)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2017, 12:32:28 am »

Shift my malus in STR over to WIL.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2017, 08:22:30 am »

Right ho. Sorry. Can't post on Sunday.
~~~
Spoiler: To the West! Or not. (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
I come from a land down under
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »

TEAM EAST

Spoiler: Another Eastern Pun (click to show/hide)
Edited: Nothing was wrong with the spoiler, nothing at all.

Adjusted.

[Speed:1]

While Jefro's getting up, Bastien tries his own magic.

[Pot:5+2]

Oh look, your own steel lance much like the one Derm made.  It's also really heavy and unwieldly due to its size.  Sure you want it?

You go to disarm Johnny, despite Derm having already done half the job quite well.  He's charging at you, but you grab at him first.

[Dex:5+2]
[Str:2]

You grab him, but the sword just sticks to his hand; odd.

[Str:4]

He totally fails to break the grapple you have him in now.

[Speed:3]

Derm unleashes his focus on his magical assault.

[Pot:4+2+1]
[Dex:2+1]

A massive spear- more of a lance- forms in the air and streaks off toward Johnny.  You squint, and you think it blasted his arm off.  Nice.

Chuckling, Derms walks off the bridge to the west and makes himself a weapon.

[Pot:2+2]

He summons and scoops up a steel mace.  It's not big but it's perfectly serviceable.

[Dex:3]
[End:4]

You finally manage to get the flames out, and manage to do so without seriously burning yourself any more.  You still smell like a cookout, though.

[Pot:6+2]

You are surrounded by a beautiful shimmering image of a majestic bird; it's like you're standing at the center of it.

Remembering you can't inside the spawn area, you pop into the starting fort.  From there, you lay down some magic.

[Pot:5+2]

A magical sparkle envelopes your whole body, then bursts into being.  Your flesh takes a metallic tone of steel and hardens.  Smiling, you try the next step.

[Pot:2+2]

Well... it's no mighty steed, but it's a small horse with the same metallic flesh as you.  Can you ride it?

[Dex:1-1]

Turns out that trying to mount a horse with no tack is rather difficult, and also you're terrible at this.  You end up flat on your back with the horse running off toward the battlefield.

Sir Lootington respawns as Person, now only vaguely British.  He plops down in the respawn area.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1]

Jefro attempts to defeat his nemesis with his bear hands.

[Pot:3]

Jefro shoots a multitude of very thin chains made of ice.  They are flimsy but many, and enough of a shock that the bear falls over backwards, pawing at them.  It's clear that they won't stop him for long; it's enough time that he can stand up.  Now what?

Spoiler: Weirdest West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1-1]

Johnny moves to assist his teammate, but is interrupted by a flying steel lance.

[Dex:2+1]
[End:5]

Johnny tries to evade, but it's as if the lance homes in on him at the last minute.  It smashes into his left arm; his metallic flesh can't stop it, and the lance severs the arm near the shoulder.  It continues onward, carrying the arm into the void. Johnny howls in rage and continues his attack; while he managed to keep his sword, it's suddenly very hard to use with only one arm.  That said, the distraction gives Bastien time to close the distance and go for the grapple.

[Dex:4+1]
[Str:3-1-1]

He tries to disarm Johnny, but the sword sticks to Johnny's cold metallic hand.  His grip's enough to block the sword being used against him, though.

[Str:3-1-1]

Can't kick him off either.

Spoiler: Victorious West (click to show/hide)

With no one to stop you, you remove East's control of the northern point.

*NORTH POINT NOW CONTROLLED BY NO TEAM*

Keep this up and it will belong to your team.

You warp out of the spawn area, reappearing at the home base.  Charging, you make it all the way across the bridge and to the northwest battlements.

Spoiler: To the West! Or not. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

[Pot:2+1]

This gets you a silver... piglet puppy.  It's got four short legs, floppy ears, a curly tail, a fairly flattened snout... yeah, it's a pigdog.  The other puppies immediately accept it as one of their own.  You've got quite the pack going.

West removes East control from the north point!  What will happen next?

I think we'll start a puppy store, that's what's next!

That one does like his puppies, does he not?

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - East Home Base (Steel Aura, 6 Pool)
Person: Sir Lootington - East Spawn Area
Derm: Derm - West Crystal Field  (1/5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (1/3 Pool) [+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - East Crystal Field(5 Pool)  {Chest burned}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 4 Pool) [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Outer Fort, North (5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 2/5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned, Left arm gone} [+1]
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (1/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]  {Light burns on chest, Head bleeding}

I'm realizing how bad I am at keeping tenses straight here.  I tend to do second person in solo events and third person, but usually I just muddle it up.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:38:17 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 10 [A Small Reversal]
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2017, 03:10:44 pm »

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2017, 03:20:09 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2017, 03:39:49 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2017, 04:01:41 pm »

Spoiler: West something (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2017, 04:25:22 pm »

Spoiler: West Puppymancy! (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35