Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52715 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 12 [Whack]
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2017, 03:51:09 pm »

Spoiler: The West Pole (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 05, 2017, 04:15:25 pm »

Turn sometime.  May be late weekend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2017, 07:26:09 am »

Turn sometime.  May be late weekend.
Reminder that you're not waiting on players, and weekend is over.
Real life may be interfering, of course, but I just figured the reminder would be good.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2017, 12:41:33 pm »

Nope, please do poke me if I'm behind!  Keeps me honest.

Starting now; hopefully I can get through it without being distracted too badly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: What do you get if you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros? Elephino
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »

TEAM EAST

[Speed:5]

You move to end your opponent, but he somehow manages to blurt out another spell even as you swing again.

[Dex:3+1]
[Str:6-1]

[End:5]

His spell spews electricity at you, which you manage to take with little more than gritted teeth and adrenaline.  You must have channeled your pain into this blow, as it's far more solid than the last.  With a crack of bone, Larry is knocked out.  Finishing him should be trivial.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You do your best to avoid incoming attacks.  Good plan, because there are several.

[Dex:3+1]

The first one; a huge gasoline wolf?  Anyway, it's aimed poorly, and you sidestep it with ease as it flies off into the void.  Next comes your close-by enemy.

[Dex:1+1]
[End:5]

He must have read your defense, because he slashes at you with his dagger and connects.  It's not a bad scratch, but you're bleeding a bit on your face.  Maybe you'll get one of those badass dueling scars.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

You CHAAAAARGE onward, pushing hard onto the bridge, where Bastien is grappling his foe.

Spoiler: Change of the East (click to show/hide)

Greg pushes ahead as you slow down to cast a bit.  You need a weapon.

[Pot:4]

Better.  You now have a serviceable steel poleaxe. You grab it as you get close to the bridge.

Spoiler: Eastern Advances (click to show/hide)

[Str:2]

You are still unable to break the grip long enough to shift around.  Perhaps there's another way?

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: Revenge of the West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:6-1]

You line up on your distant opponent as he moves to avoid incoming attacks.  Let's see just how well he can dodge.

[Pot:6+1]
[Will:1+1]

A massive wolf formed of a clear liquid- smells like gas- appears before you, then fires off unsteadily toward Poe.  You miss by several feet; damn it.

Spoiler: Wild West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1]

Your teammate misses by a lot as you close in to stab Poe a few times.

[Dex:4+1]
[Str:4-1]

You catch him once across the face, drawing blood.  Probably not enough to slow him down but you've certainly got his attention.

You focus on your magic as your opponent struggles in vain to separate himself.

Spoiler: The West Pole (click to show/hide)

[Speed:6+1-1-1]

Despite the pain and the little birds circling your head, you manage to squeak out a spell just as Derm brings his mace in for another blow.

[Pot:4-1]

[Dex:4-1]
[End:2+1-1]

You see your spell having little effect just as Derm's blow knocks you out with a crack.

Jefro pops back into existence in his team's spawn area.

Ouch!  That had to have hurt.

Can he finish the job, though?

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 2/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1]
Person: Person - East Steel Pits (2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe]
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (2/5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 2/3 Pool) [+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (2/5 Pool)  {Chest burned, Face bleeding}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 1/4 Pool) [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (2/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Capture Point (3/5 Pool)  {Fractured skull, unconscious}
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 3/5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned, Left arm gone} [+1]
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Spawn Area (4 Pool)

Sorry for the slow turn.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:00:57 pm by Toaster »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I should have two pool, right? Making turn with that assumption.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Oops; corrected.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given that you're using my muscle sheet(which has -1 to channeling), my max pool should be two. I am of course aware that I got it all back due to out of combat regen. I'm nothing if not honest about this stuff.

Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Given that you're using my muscle sheet(which has -1 to channeling), my max pool should be two. I am of course aware that I got it all back due to out of combat regen. I'm nothing if not honest about this stuff.

Arrrr.  Also fixed.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Enki's face twitches at sight of blood.

Spoiler: Wicked West (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West Puppymancy (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35