Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Blossomtowers: Book of Lolama is getting an Upgrade, Check it out  (Read 8959 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Blossomtowers: Another Pony Fort - Let's Survive This One
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 11:23:05 pm »

Are you guys ready, my slaughterhelm turn is getting skipped due to me f*cking up

Now my full attension is on this, now

Lolama grabs the quill and begins to write...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 03:58:24 am »

Are you guys ready, my slaughterhelm turn is getting skipped due to me f*cking up

Now my full attension is on this, now

Lolama grabs the quill and begins to write...
Hmmm... what did you do to F up...
*Looks at his Slaughterhelm post*
...Oh shit. We're so screwed...
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 01:17:34 pm »

I look forward to reading the brief and bloody lives of those who mistakenly traveled to Blossomtowers... :P

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »

Same.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 09:59:25 pm »

The Select Histories of The Dimension of Myth, as written by Lolama Styledyelled

What follows is the findings of my extensive research here in the library at Soakgrowth. While my research was extensive and consumed many of my years here upon this world, it is still incomplete and many addendums will be added as I see fit. The following are just rough drafts and follow little coherent order, only following a basic chronological order. Now, without further ado, here is my history of this world

-Lolama Styledyelled

In the first year of the Age of Myth, known in intellectual circles as the First Age, the Pony Civilization "The Wooden Sheen" was founded by its first Princess, Nabreth Aceblossom. By all accounts a fair ruler and beautiful alicorn. She established the capital of the Wooden Sheen, Praisedlute. She married the Earth Pony Lim Lyricalcoast and had five children, but, sadly, fate was not in favor of her reign.

In the eighth year of the First Age, the minotaur Eyi Lustdreams attacked the Praisedlute and engaged the Princess in one on one combat. The two waged their duel in the streets in front of the castle, "Bastion of Berries". After receiving the full onslaught of the enraged princess, Eyi withdrew to lick his wounds. Nabeth had won the day and the city rejoiced, but fate was not yet finished with its task. In the tenth year of the First Age, Gugol the Bronze Colossus besieged the city. Faced with this far greater evil and with the city on the verge of falling, the Princess confronted the construct and a fierce battle ensued.

For days and nights the two great powers fought in their titanic conflict, the unfeeling and untiring colossus against the immeasurable might of an Immortal Alicorn. But, on the fourth day, the final blow was struck. As dawn broke, the populous saw their broken princess's body on the ground behind the advancing colossus. The city, bereft of its protection, fell quickly to the beast.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for Lim and the five children of the Royal Family, they fled. Lim, always the cheerful one, despaired. His faith destroyed and his family dissolved after a falling out, he turned to the dark arts. In the Pony hamlet of Couplemauve, Lim performed a dark ritual to the Pony God Rungak, the Skeletal Pony God of Death, Disease, Blight, Deformity.... and Agriculture.... [OOC: Seriously, agriculture.... can I get art of this skeletal Pony god of evil with the scythe and everything, and then add him munching on a carrot]. After sacrificing and pledging his soul to Rungak, he received a slab made of an unimaginably heavy stone. He had become a necromancer, the only necromancer in the world. All the necromancers in the world to this day received their tutelage from Lim or his proteges.

After moving from town to town dodging suspicion, he decided to openly proclaim himself Dark Lord and built a great tower to the north of the Wooden Sheen. To this day the tower stands as a beacon of evil, the Dark Lord Lim still resides there, his anger and rage against those that allowed his wife to suffer that ignoble death the ponies. He holds them responsible, and, in acts of rage, he desecrates the graves of long dead ponies and reanimated them to haunt their living relatives.

Thus is the history of the first Princess of the Wooden Sheen and her grieving husband, from his happy life to his decent into darkness and his path to become the most powerful being on the Dimension of Myth.

Spoiler: Book Entry One (click to show/hide)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the story of the first Royal Family of The Wooden Sheen is rather sad. I imagine the death of his wife drove Lim to a deep despair and drove him to find immortality and become the Evil he is today. As for his Dark Lord status, I gave it to him because, he is the only necromancer to receive his power from a god and thus, all others learned from him or his students. He is also an earth pony. But, with your guy's permission, I would like to make him the main "Bad Guy" of this setting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:21:19 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 12:00:14 am »

Makes sense that ponies would worship Rungak as the god of Agriculture... if only to beg him not to destroy this years crop. Sometimes you have to suck up to the bully and stroke his ego to avoid being hit again.

As for Lim... honestly that is a much greater backstory for a dark lord then I've heard in a very long time. A pony that had it all; Love, Family and a wonderful kingdom to rule and make ponies happy only to have it stripped away because no one else was willing to help his wife defend their home. I wonder if Lim's hatred towards pony kind is partially an attempt to silence the voice in the back of his head that tells him that he was just as guilty for not running out to try and help Nabreth... that maybe if the two of them had fought side by side against Gugol then she would have lived...

I guess the only one who would know for sure is Lim himself, when he is in his chambers alone in the middle of the night...
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Blossomtowers: Another Pony Fort - Chapter I - Lolama
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »

The Select Histories of the Dimension of Myth Part II, as written by Lolama Styledyelled

What follows is the findings of my extensive research here in the library at Soakgrowth. While my research was extensive and consumed many of my years here upon this world, it is still incomplete and many addendums will be added as I see fit. The following are just rough drafts and follow little coherent order, only following a basic chronological order. Now, without further ado, here is my history of this world

-Lolama Styledyelled

This next section covers a very sensitive and touchy topic to the race of ponies. All of pony kind, be they Earth ponies, Pegasi or Unicorns, all look to their immortal Alicorns for guidance. Though none still draw breath, they are still worshiped nonetheless. To worship any other is heresy of the highest order.

Now dear reader, you may ask "What about the Gods and Goddesses of the ponies?". Well that is a good question my dear reader. Think of it this way, You have the Gods and Goddesses, but how do they shape the world? Do they directly interfere? No, they choose others to do their bidding, be they monsters of the night to test the strength of our cities, demons from the abyss to torment us, or even the lowly cow. The Alicorns are the once and only connection the ponies had to the heavens above on this plane of existence. They are angels tasked with leading them on the path of peace and kindness. Now sadly, as you very well know dear reader, the last Alicorn left this realm some hundred years ago.

But, there are some, even in the times of the Alicorns, who worshiped others. A "Princess of the Night", a bringer of darkness, that is what these ponies worshiped. No one knows the true beginning of this false belief, but since time was first recorded, they have dwelt in secret in all lands where ponies dwelt. They are simply known as "The Church of Luna", a basic name for a powerful and dangerous group of heretics. To cover the entire history of this "church" and all of its deeds would require far more paper than I have. From assassinations to coup d'etats in neighboring land, this group has strove to spread its false teachings.

Now dear reader, the church today is quiet. Though it still makes political move every decade or so, it remains in the shadows. Is it dead? Is the idea of a Lunar Goddess dying with the memory of the Alicorns? Who can say. But as a historian and speaker of thruth and hard facts, I can not and will not speculate on this. I will only say that as long as only one member of the Church lives, so does the Church. Take care reader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I sense plot hooks being made?  ::)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:57:24 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 01:59:51 am »

Is there actually a Church of Luna in game, or is it merely an RP element for us to work with?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 06:03:42 am »

Is there actually a Church of Luna in game, or is it merely an RP element for us to work with?

That was purely RP. I will mix in RP with these histories a little, to add a little flavor
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:34:50 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 08:54:29 am »

Before I post Part III of the Histories today, does anyone want to know anything specific? Queen of the Changelings, current Pony Princess, or even the creepiest book I've found so far?

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 12:29:56 pm »

Can I say yes to all of the above?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 02:47:33 pm »

The Select Histories of the Dimension of Myth Part III, as written by Lolama Styledyelled

-Lolama Styledyelled

Though Ponies as a species value peace and harmony over all else, there are some who disagree. For instance, the forsaken name of the Wooden Sheen's oppressive Princess, Oboth Fancycutter. Born in the year 94 Oboth was born to the then Princess Vakist. At the Spry age of 8, Oboth was attacked by the werebeast named Lim (no not THAT Lim). Although Oboth escaped, her mind was forever scarred by this incident.

In the year 105 she married the pony Izkil and began to take on the duties of a Heir-Princess in the Bastion of Berries in Praisedlute. While nothing of significant note occurred in the following few decades, Oboth did still brew with anger over her defeat and battle with Lim.

In the Year 169, Vakist dies from a duel with a changeling in The Siege of Hate at Praisedlute. While the Ponies prevailed, the death of the Princess left Oboth bitter when she took the crown. In the year 184, she snapped.

She stormed the Cathedral of Hope and profaned Rungak and was instantly cursed to search the night for blood. Oboth had become a vampire and became more hate-filled than ever. She cracked down on the ponies of the Wooden Sheen and laid down several oppressive edicts. Her husband died of old age and grief in the year 195 and Oboth only grew more bitter. Year after year she grew more tyrannical until all were opposed to her will yet her powers as a Unicorn only grew and she became a powerful being bent on power and control. Her troops were brainwashed into subservience and her reign is still considered the worst in this world's history.

As for the ponies, even as they grow more wary of their princess, they have no choice but to follow her. There are rumors of an expedition setting out for a new life. May their efforts provide fruits of their labors.

Well, Imgur is not working so no pictures right now, I'll edit them in later

EDIT: Added one uncropped image, sorry bout that dear readers, but the last chapter of the histories is going up today, then its on to the Glorious City of Blossomtowers
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:53:03 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:46 am »

The Select Histories of the Dimension of Myth End of Book I, as written by Lolama Styledyelled

-Lolama Styledyelled

As I draw this first chapter of my work to a close, I must divert my attention to other things that demand it. I will be beck to write again at the end of the year, until then, dear reader, I implore you to stay safe in this dark world. Despite it being the "Age of Heroes" there are sill many monsters roaming about, both in form and in mind. In these dark times, one can only hope that at least a few ponies will find the light again.

Until next year dear readers.

Now time for the actual fort, I'm so excited XD

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
Re: Blossomtowers: Another Pony Fort - Chapter II - Beginnings
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:25 am »

So our queen is a vampire bitch, the great evil of our world is the husband of the first Alicorn who was filled with despair and hatred to the point of becoming the first Necromancer... and there is a Cult of Luna.

This world is awesome!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Blossomtowers: Another Pony Fort - Chapter II - Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 11:16:02 pm »

Praisedlute, At The Sugary Cake, Inn and Tavern

As the soft patter of rain drenched the streets and roofs of the ancient city of Praisedlute and the moon shone at its zenith, a hooded unicorn strode through the streets and came to the famous Sugary Cake, a tavern and inn that had been sitting on that spot since time's beginning. The pony walked into the building and headed for a table on the far side of the crowded ground floor. As the pony sat down, a unicorn waitress approached and the pony ordered a glass of Strawberry wine.

For several long minutes the pony at in the dark back of the tavern drinking. As the patrons began to shuffle drunkenly out and the room grew less crowded the pony began to worry. He had taken a great risk to come here, but the information that was promised was worth it... if only it had come from a reliable source.

As the pony was beginning to think about leaving, another hooded figure approached and stopped in front of the seated figure and said, "By the Light of the Moon..."

The seated pony replied in a quiet voice, "Luna shall guide us."

The second pony seated herself and removed her hood, " I'm sorry for the wait Ryukan, bu I picked up a tail as I entered the city, had to shake them before I came here."

Ryukan removed his hood and gestured for the waitress, "I believe this conversation is one best held behind closed doors."

The Waitress came over and Ryukan whispered something in her ear and handed her a bag full of bits. "Right this way sir." The Waitress led them upstairs to a room at the back of the building and unlocked the door and showed them nto a moderate sized room with two beds, a couple of chests, a desk and a table with two chairs. "I hope you two enjoy your stay" said the waitress as she smiled and closed the door.

"Okay, what the buck did you tell her?" fumed the second pony.

"Relax Avalon, I merely told her a cover story that wouldn't raise suspicion" said Ryukan as he sat at the table and took off his cloak. His sleek black coat accenting his straight and short white mane. His cutie mark of a white winged arrow shone with a faint white glow. Avalon removed her cloak to reveal a navy blue coat with a sky blue mane tied back into a ponytail. Her cutie mark was a column standing amidst a pile of rubble.

"I'll relax when we succeed in our task." Avalon muttered under her breath.

"Fair enough, now, did you find it?" Ryukan inquired.

Avalon took a seat across from Ryukan and produced an ancient looking scroll and handed it to the black unicorn, "It took me a while, but I found it in the mountains. A few yetis and mild frostbite later, here I am."

Ryukan unfurled the scroll slowly and looked at it. He took his time and as the moon slowly moved across the sky he studied it. After a long wile he spoke up, " So this is the summoning spell. It looks genuine. I thank you Avalon, if all goes well, the next time we meet, an Alicorn will walk this world again."

"Always a pleasure Ryukan," Avalon stood up and headed for the door, "Ryukan, be careful, the world is more dangerous than ever. If you die, I lose my primary employer."

Ryukan chuckled, "Well, if you insist, I'll try to not die too soon. Good bye Avalon."

"Good bye Ryukan," Avalon left the Inn and trotted through the wet streets with the rain continuing to pour down onto the already gloomy city. Back in the Inn, Ryukan sat at the table for a long while. Long he sat there thinking until he stod up and cast a few spells on his room and laid down and fell asleep.

My story telling skills are finally put to use as I post this first real story part. I think you guys get the gist of my basic plot now. I have already started the fort and have completed the first year, but I wanted to post a little backstory first. And as always, fan art will be appreciated.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4