Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Forsaken's Interactive Stellaris LP - 1 day until launch! [staging thread]  (Read 10460 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hello everyone! I'm planning an interactive Stellaris LP to start on April 6th, 5 weeks from today, to coincide with the 1.5 'banks' patch for Stellaris which will be introducing new mechanics and concepts. I will be getting the Utopia DLC as well, so all paid features will be available.

This is the staging thread, where I'll lay out the rules and mechanics I have planned.

For starters, every person of interest in the game will be a Bay12 member, if possible. I'm not anticipating a lot of interest but 2-3 people would be nice. I will fill in for any person not claimed by a Bay12 member but it would be more fun if every scientist, governor, president etc were played by someone here. I am aiming for some light roleplay where everyone interacts and has fun. Players are encouraged to, if they feel so inclined, make up fiction and background events fitting the current game events.

Once the game starts I will post all available candidates for offices here, along with the government leader and starting scientists. You can claim any character you like, but you will be responsible for decisions falling under that character's area of responsibility.

The available characters and their areas of responsibility are:

Government Leader - Responsible for setting government policy, edicts, and giving general orders to the other characters. Also responsible for internal faction relations and diplomacy with other governments. Sets all species rights. Any/all of these duties may be delegated to other forum members at the government leader's discretion.

Planetary Governor - Responsible for planetary edicts and construction, as well as population distribution. Has full authority over local defense armies and spaceport construction.

Sector Governor - May set sector focus and options, controls all sector spaceports and defense armies.

Scientist - Selects the next research project within his/her field. They also control the research of special projects, and may dispatch field scientists on missions or give them general directives.

Field Scientist - Field scientists take survey ships out to explore the cosmos. Depending on the orders of those above them, they may be free to chart their own course or may be required to carry out the orders they are given. They have full discretion on what anomalies to pursue/ignore.

Admiral - Leaders of the fleet. Admirals are appointed and take charge of the forces they are given. They are given directives by the government leadership. The freedom they have to follow those directives depends on the type of government.

General - Generals lead assault armies, and have full authority over where and when those armies are deployed.

Other positions may be created at your discretion but will not be represented as characters ingame, and will simply be there for roleplaying purposes. For example the government leader may not want to dictate war strategy and might name a "Promachos" or military leader who will be responsible for directing the efforts of the fleet and ground forces in war time.

In the 5 weeks leading up to the release of the 1.5 'banks' patch and the DLC, I will put up polls on different subjects. We'll use these to define the government and species we'll be playing. The first poll is below, and will determine what racial 'type' we'll be using. The follow-up will choose a specific race portrait.

Poll 1 - Racial Appearance

What should our race's appearance be? Select an option on the following poll, it will close in 1 week (March 9th).

https://strawpoll.com/xygb1y2

Poll 2 - Government Authority

What level of authority should the government hold over our people?

https://strawpoll.com/a712daz
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:11:21 pm by forsaken1111 »

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Move this to the child board

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hm, I thought I had created it there. Sorry. Am I able to move it myself?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Hm, I thought I had created it there. Sorry. Am I able to move it myself?
Yea, dont remember how tho

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

There we go, sorry for the confusion!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But the most important question: What weird alien race will you be playing as? :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

But the most important question: What weird alien race will you be playing as? :P
That's what the poll above is for! You guys are deciding. :)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh. I'll be claiming a scientist when the time comes, I think. Or maybe a borderline-rebellious admiral. Voted for Avian, too. Avians are cool.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what the poll above is for! You guys are deciding. :)
And here I was expecting the forum poll up at the top. Looking forward to seeing you conquer the galaxy!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

And here I was expecting the forum poll up at the top. Looking forward to seeing you conquer the galaxy!
The problem with forum polls is you can never remove them I believe, so it's kind of annoying.

Ooh. I'll be claiming a scientist when the time comes, I think. Or maybe a borderline-rebellious admiral. Voted for Avian, too. Avians are cool.
Avians are very cool! And yeah that is the kind of interaction I want. Admirals gone rogue or accomplishing the mission on his own terms, scientists ignoring the will of the state to pursue his own interests and crazy projects. I'm tired of 'perfect play' and want to have some fun. Since Banks is bringing in new internal politics and mechanics, we'll have some interesting opportunities.

For example once we have some internal factions you guys can roleplay them as well, and if you want to do something outside of the normal game rules I can make it happen via the console.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Looks like Avians are leading but I am going to let the poll run for a while. In the meantime you guys can share any ideas you have regarding the empire's ethics, ideals, etc.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

...March 6th isn't 5 weeks away, it's more like 5 days away. Typo?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Typo, yes. April 6th is what I meant. It's been a long day.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Personal species preference is the sundew guys.

My favourite for some reason.
The what now?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Ahh yeah those guys are very cool as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5