Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Forsaken's Interactive Stellaris LP - 1 day until launch! [staging thread]  (Read 10433 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Looks like we're officially a Fungoid Imperium, now we need to pick what we look like. Again I will put this poll up and check it after 1 week. For this poll, since there are so many options I have allowed multiple picks so choose the ones you like and I'll pick from the ones with the most votes. Appearance alone doesn't really affect anything mechanically but can affect the way we roleplay.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12521242

Next poll will include the ethics combinations put forth so far, allowing us to further define the empire. After that we'll be looking at ascension goals. Bit less than 4 weeks before we launch!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I voted for a few, but this one in particular stood out as an especially mind-controlly/creepy sort of fungus:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So if I have to pick one, I think it would be a neat choice.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I do like that. It comes in the creatures of the void pack. We could spin it as being a parasitic fungus which infects a native presentient mammalian race that inhabits our planet, and we require them to be ambulatory. Or... one of the civics gives you a second race of subservient beings on your homeworld which are a bit dumb but good workers. I don't know if you get to customize them but if so, could make them the 'feeder' species that we infect.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like Massive 11, just for the sheer shroominess

Though the mind-controller fungus is cool too. Maybe not the best for xenophile. I mean, sure you might like other hosts races, but it seems like you guests might be more ambivalent.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

But we take excellent care of our guests. We see to all of their needs, they enjoy excellent health and long lives. We enjoy having guests from many species visit us. While our biologies are incompatible for long term melding, we can taste their minds and their alien perspectives are intoxicating.

Massive 11 IS quite nice though, and reminds me of an old D&D campaign I played in a place called the utterdark, where most forms of life were fungal organisms. Those guys look like the main antagonists we were playing against.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So far these are the portraits in the lead:

We're now a bit less than 3 weeks from launch. We're officially a fungoid empire of as-yet-unknown ethics.

So far the following ethics have been proposed:

Xenophile, Authoritarian, Spiritualist - Unify the galaxy under our glorious psionic rule. A bit like the Amplitur from Alan Dean Foster's The Damned series. All shall be unified under the Purpose.

Authoritarian, Fanatic Militarist - The Fungoid Hegemony will stop at nothing to secure its borders and impose order upon the cosmos. Violence and the use of overwhelming force is par for the course. Could probably be a fanatic purifier as well. Only fungal life shall survive!

Xenophile, Fanatic Spiritualist - Spooky mind-controlling fungal friends. Unite the galaxy in transcendent harmony.

Any other suggestions welcome. I'll put up a poll with these on Monday.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Authoritarian, Fanatic Militarist - The Fungoid Hegemony will stop at nothing to secure its borders and impose order upon the cosmos. Violence and the use of overwhelming force is par for the course. Could probably be a fanatic purifier as well. Only fungal life shall survive!

I think fanatic purifiers would involve some level of xenophobia. These shrooms want all races under the iron boot of the junta.

A couple of other suggestions

Egalitarian, Fanatic Militarist - Libertarian, you keep what you kill, style imperium.

Fanatic Materialist, Authoritarian - Scientist shroom gods lording over the subservient masses.

Fanatic Authoritarian,  Xenophile - We love other races. They make good conversation, entertainment, sport, hosts, food..

Fanatic Egalitarian,  Xenophile - We wish to embrace all races, protecting them safely under our guidance

Authoritarian, Militaristic, Xenophobe - We shall spread our rule to all the disgusting meat-based races, and they shall become our slaves, to serve the true master race.

Militaristic, Spiritualist, Xenophobe - We shall spread our rule to all the disgusting meat-based races, and they shall become our slaves, to serve the one true shroom god.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Fantastic, I like these. Especially the Fanatic Authoritarian, Xenophile. I'll add these to the list for the poll.

As the portrait poll closes I'm left with 4 choices with equal votes so I rolled a die. Meet the image of your new shroomy overlords:

New poll is up and you will be deciding the Ethics of the empire. This will have a massive effect on how the game unfolds so think carefully.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12569553

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:34:46 am by forsaken1111 »

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, with that portrait I'm going fanatic Egalitarian. Spread enlightenment and trade to all the galaxy!

Though the picture seems to be broken for me here on the forum, I could see it by opening it in a new tab.

Also the strawpoll has "Fanatic Egalitarian,  Xenophile" twice, and seems to be missing "Authoritarian, Militaristic, Xenophobe".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Whoops, let me fix that. I'm tired this morning.

Edit: Fixed the image link and put up a new poll link. If you already voted, go back and vote again
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:35:18 am by forsaken1111 »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Voted for my own suggestion, heh. I don't really like Militarist, because I find Paradox games way less enjoying once you start playing them as a mappainter rather than a story generator.

United Forenia Forever!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Voted for my own suggestion, heh. I don't really like Militarist, because I find Paradox games way less enjoying once you start playing them as a mappainter rather than a story generator.
I tend to agree, but being militarist doesn't necessarily mean we'll be sweeping across the galaxy. I intend to play this in a narrative way with participation from you guys, roleplaying the leader's traits and having fun with the wacky stuff that can pop up. Not playing it as a game to be won.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So far it looks like we're favoring psychic mushroom overlords. Excellent. My cap pulses with pleasure at this development, and the undershroom quivers in anticipation.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So many choices! Not sure which one I want to lend my support to, they all sound like they'll be fun tbh  :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So many choices! Not sure which one I want to lend my support to, they all sound like they'll be fun tbh  :)
I know! I've been writing down ideas. Don't worry, this isn't the last LP I have planned
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5