Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Spamoutpost! - Emi Araya of the Ark of The Reformed Empire of the Rising Sun  (Read 9696 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Well, I say that as a propulsion scientist we know what we are doing when it comes to fuel usage, and of the proposed things to dump fuel is the only one that will be of little use at our destination. Time, labour, and materials are all needed to establish a new colony. Interstellar spacecraft fuel, not so much.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

^this

B

However, is that 2050 date a date when Earth goes explody? Or is it gonna be a gradual but inevitable deterioration of, I don't know, atmosphere or something?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:21:56 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E
So, uh, you are aware that the world is gonna end at some point in 2050, right? An unexpected delay or two could see us failing to complete the Ark.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B. Need space for colony. As a smart person in propulsion will make it count and we are on a deadline. Literally by late 2050 game over.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1200 years?  That is enough time to fully colonize the entire system, then collapse down into pre-industrial states on terraformed worlds, the slowly rebuild civilization through a dark age, then collapse and rebuild a second time.  Earth and the other colony ships might not even be myths.

I like it.  We will have extra fuel, a long term proven habitat and the tools to repair and upgrade it once we reach the system.  Even if the rest of humanity has died out or become decadent or collapse we can survive fine.

A

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A
BBBB
EEE

You hastily made an instruction to build less fuel tanks for fuel.

Spring 2049, Estimated Completion: Summer 2050

TIME OF RECKONING: ARE OUR UNDERGROUND CITIES FAKE?
NO FUTURE WITH UNDERGROUND CITIES
UNDERAGE GIRLS SEEN OUTSIDE VILLA: HOW FAR ARE THE 0.1% WILLING TO PAY FOR PLACES ON THE ARK?
TRUE NEWS: WE 99.9% ARE DOOMED
BLACKS AND LATINOS GIVEN PREFERENCE BEFORE WHITES AND ASIANS

A leaks website have been running vile with these headlines. The government assures that there will be no immediate threat to your job.

Summer 2049, Estimated Completion: Summer 2050

The All-Hexanation of the Pacific labour movement - Hexanation of the Pacific being the republican name of our mighty Empire of the Rising Sun - has threatened to hold a general strike. They specifically required an answer to all those allegations!

You met with your superiors.

"Araya-san," the Prime Minister said with a grim face. "Our hands are tied at this moment. There are red lines everywhere and we can't afford to cave in to the workers. However, as the work of the arks are of prime importance, we feel we need to have your input on how we should handle this."

You mulled for a bit and...

A "Prime Minister, I guess we need to arrest the Union Bosses."
B "Prime Minister, I guess we need to bribe the Union Bosses using beautiful girls and guarantee for some berths on the Ark."
C "Prime Minister, we should just keep silent and wait until the people are fed up with this strike."
D "Prime Minister, its time to revive the army and declare martial law.'
E -
F You keep silent.
G You keep silent. Perhaps its a good time to meet the Union Bosses for real, radical political change...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh boy.
I mean, fair enough, right? How do you convince people to spend their last years building a spaceship that they almost certainly will not be allowed to board?
Well, one way or another, we have to do it. Let's consider our options.
Spoiler: options (click to show/hide)
I think D is the way to go. The army should be able to keep things under control for a year, right? Even if we have to make people work at gunpoint.

D

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E
Your conscience precludes from choosing option E. Try again.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Honestly, I wish there was an option to go out there and say "Look, guys, do you want all of us and our nation to die? If so, keep going on strike, otherwise, we need you to be able to save this nation." or something along those lines.

Regardless, its time we put the E in Empire, as much as it sucks to do so. D, suppress them but try not to kill anyone.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7