Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari OOC  (Read 12350 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari (OOC, accepting sign ups)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 06:19:37 pm »

A whole river isn't being turned into an elemental. Instead, an elemental is conjured as an incarnation of the river. The elemental would likely be water element, and could have memories of river's experiences. Essentialy, it's supposed to be summoning a stronger (whether marginally or doubly) elemental by using a physical object as catalyst. If this explanation still isn't acceptable, I'll try something else. Also, I'll cut out the "beings from wild elemental plane" stuff. How does "magical creatures threatened by modern development/loss of belief in their existence" sound instead?

Thanks for your opinions.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 04:59:58 am »

The "magical creatures being threatened" part wouldn't really work, as the premise of the game involves that explicitly not being the case. Also, you need a backstory, and a damn strong one, to boot.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 06:15:29 am »

Spoiler: Faith Tatsumaki (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:23:20 am by Powder Miner »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 07:36:02 am »

Iaman, I'm not talking about ALL magical creatures here, just a certain branch of them; that is, elemental animals, or Animentals (working title). Not all animals are threatened by extinction in real life, after all. I'm still having trouble figuring out the backstory, and until I hear the confirmation from Empiricist that he's OK with this direction, I won't put too much effort into it, since it could be for naught.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 08:36:03 am »

It's still explicitly against the spirit of the setting, if nothing else. Also, there's no point waiting for Emp; your backstory contributes to you getting into the game as it determines how well you mesh in with the rest of the group. If your backstory isn't fleshed out at all before the GM gets a look at it, your chances of getting in are nil, so you might as well put the effort in now and then fix it later.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 03:02:28 pm »

Ah, my apologies, I misinterpreted. Incarnation works then.

That explanation however, won't work I'm afraid. Supernaturals generally have some connection to Shards, and in this setting continued belief is not something that anything requires to function, well save for ponzi schemes and the like of course.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:03 pm »

I already decided to drop the 'belief' thing, but after that comment on besing related to shards, I'm not too sure where to go now with the background. I wanted some smidge of affiliation beween him and the elementals before getting the shard (as in, randomly meeting one in an alley or something), but I'm not sure I could link their existence with shards, so that means they pretty much can't exist before I get a shard. I'll need some time to figure this out. Sorry it's taking so long.

Edit: A few questions about shards: How do they come to earth? What happens to them if they don't get lodged into anyone's soul? Does one only need to touch a shard to get it in your soul, or is it something more? Can the power of a shard be used without it being in a soul? Do shards attract people to them? What about the other way around: are shards attracted to certain people? It's OK if you don't want to answer some of these. I'm sure I could get a background without this info, but it could help.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:39:35 pm by OceanSoul »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »

They don't so much come to earth so much as they lodge themselves into a person's soul, lodge themselves into an object and grant it a soul, or appear as an Aramitama. So they always appear inside something. Ones not inside something had to be taken by killing what they were in.

You must be compatible with it and it will only lodge in souls if they are compatible.

It can be. That's how artificial regalia work - they have tiny Shards in them.

No, and no.

Sorry for being curt. On phone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 06:03:31 pm »

((I guess you got tired of nobody being murderhobos in the other game :P. I guess I have nothing better to do then kick a sheet up....))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That took longer than I thought it would :P.

Also, "End of the grass"? I would have thunk the evil gods had higher ambitions then destroying everyone's lawns :p.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2017, 08:04:50 pm »

Finished my sheet. Also, there's nine sign-ups so far. Essentially, there'll be 3 people guaranteed to get in allready, 3 people Emp'll choose to play in the beginning, and 3 who'll be left on the waitlist. Honestly, I'm sorta worried about my odds...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:36 pm »

Uh, there won't really be a waitlist. If a character does die there will be ways for them to get back in rather than me picking another PC sheet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 08:39:34 pm »

There would probably be a waitlist if somebody drops or just stops posting for too long, though?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 08:41:39 pm »

So, in that case, the waitlist probably wouldn't be used.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 08:46:22 pm »

The obvious solution is to eliminate the competition. THERE CAN BE ONLY THREE!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 09:04:27 pm »

The obvious solution is to eliminate the competition. THERE CAN BE ONLY THREE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7