Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari OOC  (Read 12349 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari (OOC, accepting sign ups)
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2017, 09:09:43 pm »

If people stop posting then yeah.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari (OOC, accepting sign ups)
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2017, 11:19:43 pm »

Okay, the PCs will be Yuki, Noriko, Minato, Shef, Yoake, and Faith.

Faith fits into the party very well. She has powerful ranged attacks (while her Ranged stat isn't too high, it's focused on blasts and her Hypers making it more powerful than you'd expect from a 4 in a stat normally, plus her Requiem empowers it further) which helps fill a gap in the party, especially with that area of effect skill. Plus she has a connection to Yuki which can lead to quite interesting roleplay, and is also the same age as Fuuri so she can keep her company during class and whatnot.

Shef doesn't fit as well into the party being a 28 year old jaded weapons distributor, but... he has decent ranged options, useful contacts, has skills and age that make him good at acting as a "face" for the party when dealing with civilians, especially since his Requiem can help force civilians to get out of danger they may not even notice. Also, he contrasts very nicely with Minato.

Yoake has a pretty damn versatile and interesting Requiem, seeing as it can be used for combat, mobility, or just limiting collateral damage, so she works well with Faith, Shef, and to a lesser extent, Noriko. She has interesting interactions thanks to her returning from that island to show the world Keijo, which also likely makes her work well with Minato whose activities have generated gossip, and Yuki who can be pretty bombastic.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari OOC
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:15 am »

Er, waitlist me once I fill this out?

Spoiler: Under Construction... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:16:35 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2017, 11:09:52 am »

TBF, don't expect the waitlist to be used. It'll only come into play if a player's inactive, or, maybe, if Emp thinks he can handle more players.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2017, 11:32:10 am »

I'm not expecting it to be used, I'm just doing it just in case.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 04:58:07 am »

Okay, so here's the thing. Some of you are pretty bad against evasive foes. Yeah the Unidentified Aramitama and Storm Minds can be hit consistently due to their quirks, but against things like Black Halos some of you are going to have problems.

So right now, Shef and Faith focus on hard hitting attacks with their more "fuck yo evasion" skills being their excel hypers. Minato is also a bit better against Defense than Mobility, but his bias is less pronounced.

Adding to that, Yoake's Requiem tends to help out units with high Mobility by making it much harder for them to be cornered.

So I guess the main question is, are you guys fine with evasive foes dodging your powerful attacks? Because against foes like the Black Halos, what's going to happen is that you're probably going to miss most of your attacks, but in the process, force them into a corner, and execute them.

Because right now, there's a bias on many offensive  Hypers being better against Defense than Mobility. Stuff that hits hard with a single attack rather than something that AoEs or entraps or saturates the air. So the way things are currently shaping up, there will be foes where your powerful attacks don't matter, and you're going to just have to drive them into a corner-store and fuck them.

Is that going to be okay?

Note: This is about the current situation, if people start taking hypers that are easier to land thing would change. As would if say Shef just picks up an SMG as a back up weapon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:27:31 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 06:38:11 am »

I'm personally fine with the situation as is. Though if other people want stuff changed, I won't mind
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 06:50:21 am »

I'm personally fine with the situation as is. Though if other people want stuff changed, I won't mind

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 04:41:38 am »

Thanks to the RNG railing Minato, everyone is now able to spend a point of Resolve to reroll their entire worldline!

...This includes enemies with Resolve to spend, like bosses.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 07:46:03 pm »

Okay so in the interest of better tailoring matters, could I please get an indication of how flowery/metaphysics/weird/animu you guy want things to be? Because especially with the duels I'm planning, some are stupidly elaborate and flowery... and some are more like a drunken brawl outside a McDonald's parking lot.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 07:48:30 pm »

I liked how things were in the first and second fights, but as of recently it's really gone off the rails.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 08:54:53 pm »

Seconding Powder.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2017, 09:15:43 pm »

Yeah, maybe things have gone a little overboard. The weirdness in the first two battles was great, but not immersion breaking.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 10:34:12 pm »

Edited action because I realized I forgot to change the first part when I changed the second part.

((Would say on discord but phone post))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2017, 02:43:22 pm »

Level up stuffs:
Ranged: +3 with description change
Mobility: +1 with description change
Defense: +1

New Hyper: Room to Breath: Shef creates series of portals through which he throws himself in order to quickly put distance between himself and his assailants.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7