Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Misc Custom Creatures [Heavily WIP] v1.0  (Read 4290 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Custom Creatures [Heavily WIP] v1.0
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 11:33:29 am »

If you're looking to reanimate a Grim Apparition, you're out of luck. They're already technically undead.

Snowbolds should reanimate fine though.

Too late, I've already made it a challenge to become a necromancer xD

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 08:41:46 am »

So Dwarf Fortress broke this morning and I had to reinstall. I'd rather not do any further testing for the moment until I find out what happened.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 09:25:30 am »

So Dwarf Fortress broke this morning and I had to reinstall. I'd rather not do any further testing for the moment until I find out what happened.

I've never had DF outright break on me yet. Do let me know if the problem is related to the mod. Maybe checking the error log might bring some insight?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 09:47:41 am »

The error code was 0xc0000142. God knows what that means.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 10:06:41 am »

The error code was 0xc0000142. God knows what that means.

No idea, unfortunately. Were you doing anything mod-specific when it crashed (i assume it crashed)? Would be useful so i know where to look for possible problems.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 11:14:24 am »

No idea, unfortunately. Were you doing anything mod-specific when it crashed (i assume it crashed)? Would be useful so i know where to look for possible problems.

Nope! I just tried to open dwarf fortress this morning and I was denied. Not sure if it had anything to do with you.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 03:46:46 pm »

Just an update: I've started working on this stuff again. Got a new creature in the works, the Snowbolds are nearing completion, etcetc update should come about sooner than later.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »

Just an update: I've started working on this stuff again. Got a new creature in the works, the Snowbolds are nearing completion, etcetc update should come about sooner than later.

Awesome! I thought this was a dead project to be honest. Glad to hear that work is being done on it!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 08:42:14 am »

To make Grim attacks more threatening, maybe give it a bogeyman instant-kill ability.  You can make an ability target only night creatures by making it require all of their universal tags, and instant-kill by transforming them into an evaporating creature.  That way it will kill all bogeys on screen when it appears and force you to fight it alone.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

To make Grim attacks more threatening, maybe give it a bogeyman instant-kill ability.  You can make an ability target only night creatures by making it require all of their universal tags, and instant-kill by transforming them into an evaporating creature.  That way it will kill all bogeys on screen when it appears and force you to fight it alone.

That's a pretty good idea. It's not entirely my focus to fix it up right now, what with being in the middle of another creature, but i'll play around with some things and see if i can't get it to work better than it does. Shouldn't be too hard, i've learnt a lot since i first put it together.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 11:33:25 am »

A new in-between version has been released. It's got a whole new creature in it and some major tweaks/improvements to the other two. Check the actual post for the download.
Pages: 1 [2]