Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Zelda Community Mod (Beta in the Wild?)  (Read 20958 times)

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda Community Mod (Beta in the Wild?)
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 08:57:08 am »

In aventure mode , which races have magic ???

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 12:46:35 pm »

In aventure mode , which races have magic ???

I don't think any races have super-detailed magic by default, mostly races just have the ability to throw globs (gerudo fire/ice sorceresses, gerudo males, deku scrubs, river zora, and female yeti).

Some of the Ikana have raise-dead interactions (Great Stalfos and.... Stalkin Titans?  Don't have it open right now).

Anyone who finds a Master Sword-type weapon can use an adventure mode reaction to make blades for it to fire.

You should also be able to buy drinks of green potion from some races, but I think that's bugged currently.  You can buy Romani cheese, though.

Bellum takes Linebeck(who is a NPC), and possesses him, and that somehow turns hims into an awesome phantom. I decided not to try to mod this in, as turning two creatures into one would actually involve destroying one, and I decided not to do that, as he already gets to petrify people.

Ah, I was thinking of the Phantoms, which Zelda wiki says are emanations of Bellum (http://zelda.gamepedia.com/Phantom).

If we were feeling mean, we could give Bellum the Prisons and Silence secret ability to make Iron Knuckles out of dead bodies.

(Incidentally, the Prisons and Silence secret is based on the fact that apparently all the Iron Knuckles in Ocarina of Time have gerudo stuffed inside them (http://www.zeldainformer.com/did-you-know-every-iron-knuckle-in-ocarina-of-time-and-majoras-mask-has-a-g/))
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 03:59:09 pm »

The phantoms are creations of Bellum, but I don't think he makes them directly out of corpses, though I guess we could have him "takes the life force out of the body and forms a phantom". He could maybe make Cubus sisters, which in PH were creatures that mimicked little girls to try to trick Link. Maybe the Cubus could not attack the player, but would give all monsters the ability to sense the player's presence? I have no idea if the A.I can use sense_creature_class, but extra vision should probably work.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 11:52:02 pm »

I was about to check the github before realizing... it doesn't have one. Would be very nice, might let me do some funny stuff with 0.44.02's artifact system (by which i mean will, since I already have a setup for it).

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mods I've done:

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2017, 02:05:08 am »

Stability:
World Gen stability: Wanting. World gen usually crashes after 100 years or less. All attempts to work out why have met with failure. To work around this, I suggest always using easy-to-input fixed seeds to generate worlds. That way, you can easily generate the same world twice, stopping world gen a few years before the crash occurs. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

The problem will be either number of entity types, number of total possible civs or the number of max people within a town.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2017, 02:24:14 am »

Stability:
World Gen stability: Wanting. World gen usually crashes after 100 years or less. All attempts to work out why have met with failure. To work around this, I suggest always using easy-to-input fixed seeds to generate worlds. That way, you can easily generate the same world twice, stopping world gen a few years before the crash occurs. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

The problem will be either number of entity types, number of total possible civs or the number of max people within a town.

That's actually outdated, sorry.  World gen stability is now normal (multi-hundred year worlds, no problem.

The problem was that single-body part creatures crash, for some reason.  Slimes with only a slime body crash, the same slime with eyes added is fine.
Mods I've done:

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2018, 02:20:17 pm »

Pushed a few more minor things to github.

Most notable thing is probably the fixes to entity animal use, which should fix trade for the Zora and Gerudo civs.  Being able to train to magic-sword-makers as Hyrule should also be nice (though, you'll have to use workshop permissions bc Magic Nature can't be switched off :().

Have continued adding BotW material, the current batch includes viscous sickles and demon carvers, both for the Heretic Sheikah.  The Heretics will eventually be a mix of Shadow Temple and Yiga Clan Sheikah

Now, I don't suppose anyone wants to code up a version of the BotW cooking system ;)
Mods I've done:

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2018, 07:40:51 pm »

Pushed a few more things to github.  Some highlights:

Most notable is the partial merge of Adventurecraft.  This is a little incomplete around the edges (no poisons, based on an older version, some creatures don't have Adventurecraft-compatible materials, etc), but it lets you do (what I think is) the important thing, which is make yourself armor and equipment in adventure mode.  I also did a partial merge of the supplemental art elements from the It's the Small Things mod.

I also did a preliminary version of the BotW cooking system.  However, my current understanding is that cooked meals interact weirdly with ingested syndromes (passing on either 0 or 1 syndrome), so it will probably not work as I intended.  However, the uncooked plants and alcohol made from them should give the intended bonuses.

On the topic of BotW, I added a few more weapons from that game into the appropriate civs.  This includes the goron heavy swords, zora swords and crescent spear, the rito feathered edge, eightfold blades, and gerudo scimitars and claymore.  I also added Edges of Duality as Master Sword-level weapons (Boulder Breakers and Scimitars of the Seven are also legendary-level)

I also finally added the creatures from P17 (hands, like likes, and Bellum.  Bellum's bodyplan was reworked to more closely follow what is shown in-game).  I did not include an implementation of Bellum's phantoms.
Mods I've done:

justaguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2018, 01:22:02 pm »

Hi! This mod looks awesome! I was wondering if someone knew how I could enable mining for the hylians/hyrulains?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:54 pm »

Hi! This mod looks awesome! I was wondering if someone knew how I could enable mining for the hylians/hyrulains?

Add [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK] to their entity entry in entity_whatever.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2018, 02:05:53 pm »

One thing that is only somewhat called out in the first posts is that the Hylian/Hyruleans have access to a digging weapon late in their "tech tree", the handy glove.  It's downstream of blocks, rough gems, and gold and silver*, though, which means unlocking it requires a lot of trade or careful pre-embark planning.

*It's produced at the Hylian Temple, which requires 43 rock blocks, 24 rough gems, a stone table, a spare longsword, 3 gold statues, 3 gold bars, and a silver bar.  It's also "magic" (which just means that a magic vase item is used in its recipe), which means that you need to either hunt a lot of monsters for random drops, or build an Item Exchange (3 blocks) so that you can search items for magic.

All in all, it's simpler just to add picks XD.

Incidentally, I've been playing a fort for a while now and I discovered that I still have the personality changes that were supposed to make people a bit more prone to tantrums/etc, from back before the memory system was introduced.  So far it hasn't been a big problem, but you probably want to be aware of it :/.  I'll push the version that patches it out.

Edit: pushed.

This version also includes another couple BotW weapons (zora spears, feathered spears, rito bows, serpentine spears, as well as the Lightscale Trident and the Eagle Bow as special weapons).

More importantly, this version implements the Casting Forge, which lets your legendary weaponsmiths make masterwork exotic items using traded-for earthware templates.  As pushed, each template is good for only one item, though commented-out tags are included that would allow for other configurations (fully reusable works without bugs, % based improves the template to match the quality of the produced item, which was not intended :[ )
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:37:27 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 07:36:49 am »

Can Gerudo really reproduce with other species of sentients in this mod? I'm just starting a Marsh Gerudo town and I'd like to know this. Also, if a male Gerudo have arrives or is born, does he have OP stats?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 09:17:36 am »

I made another world and started as Moblins. A fire broke out as soon as I unpaused.

Edit:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:24:23 am by Lidku »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 04:30:49 pm »

>_<

I think happened because "dark world" trees are marked EVIL, and leave behind "exploding bombs" when you cut them down.  Moblins are set to use evil wood, sooo....

A quick fix would be to delete USE_EVIL_WOOD from their entity file.

...I *think* that's the problem, at least.  Shiekah also have USE_EVIL_WOOD, and I don't THINK they have this problem?  Maybe their biomes keep them safe?  Maybe it's something else?  I'll look into it.

Can Gerudo really reproduce with other species of sentients in this mod? I'm just starting a Marsh Gerudo town and I'd like to know this. Also, if a male Gerudo have arrives or is born, does he have OP stats?

Gerudo males have better stats, are fire-(and dragonfire-)proof and can throw "fire" in combat, but I haven't implemented a "turn into Ganon" combat interaction for them.

Gerudo need the help of df-hack to reproduce with other species.  I did write a proof-of-concept script based on Putnam's ectobiology script, but it's menu-based (ie, you pick the mother from a list of valid mothers, then pick the father from a list of valid fathers).  Ideally, it should be automated and check personality traits/orientation/etc.  In terms of genetics I think babies born this way descend only from the mother, but the game does seem capable of processing the father of/daughter of links correctly in both fortress and legends mode.

(Here's a copy of the script, for the curious:)
Code: [Select]
-- Allows ectobiology.

local function getNumberOfChildren(unit)
    local children=0
    for k,v in ipairs(df.historical_figure.find(unit.hist_figure_id).histfig_links) do
        if df.histfig_hf_link_childst:is_instance(v) then children=children+1 end
    end
    return children
end

local function getCitizenList(mother)
    local citizenTable={}
local birth_date_ok
--local
for k,u in ipairs(df.global.world.units.active) do
birth_date_ok = ((mother and ((mother.birth_year - u.birth_year) < 11) and ((mother.birth_year - u.birth_year) > -11)) or (not mother and u.sex~=1 and ((df.global.cur_year - u.birth_year) < 55) and ((df.global.cur_year - u.birth_year) > 16)))
if (mother or dfhack.units.isCitizen(u)) and u.military.squad_id==-1 and u.pregnancy_timer==0 and birth_date_ok and (not mother or u.sex==1) and u.hist_figure_id~=-1 then
table.insert(citizenTable,{dfhack.TranslateName(dfhack.units.getVisibleName(u))..' ('..getNumberOfChildren(u)..' children) '..u.hist_figure_id..' ID '..(df.global.cur_year - u.birth_year)..' age',nil,u})
end
end
    return citizenTable
end

local function gerudobiologize()
    local script=require('gui.script')
    script.start(function()
    local citizens=getCitizenList(false)
    if #citizens==0 then script.showMessage('Gerudobiology',"No valid mothers!",COLOR_WHITE) return end
local ok1,name1,unit1_t=script.showListPrompt("Gerudo Biology","Choose mother.",COLOR_WHITE,citizens)
if not ok1 then return end
local unit1=unit1_t[3]
local fathers=getCitizenList(unit1)
    if #fathers==0 then script.showMessage('Gerudobiology',"No valid fathers!",COLOR_WHITE) return end
local ok2,name2,unit2_t=script.showListPrompt("Gerudo Biology","Choose father.",COLOR_WHITE,fathers)
if not ok2 then return end
local unit2=unit2_t[3]
unit1.pregnancy_timer=302400
--unit1.pregnancy_genes=unit1.appearance.genes:new()
local preg = df.unit_genes:new()
preg.appearance:assign(unit2.appearance.genes.appearance)
preg.colors:assign(unit1.appearance.genes.colors)
unit1.pregnancy_genes = preg
unit1.pregnancy_spouse=unit2.hist_figure_id
unit1.pregnancy_caste=unit1.caste
-- dfhack.run_script('modtools/add-syndrome','-syndrome','temp desterilize','-target',unit1.id)
    end)
end

-- local utils=require('utils')

-- validArgs = validArgs or utils.invert({
 -- 'freeform'
-- })

-- local args = utils.processArgs({...}, validArgs)

gerudobiologize()

Mods I've done:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5