Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Statue Fortress Succession Game  (Read 3166 times)

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statue Fortress Succession Game
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 07:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PTTG??:
<STRONG> If you have any questions or requests, please let me know! </STRONG>

Yeah I got a request. LETS GET STARTED :P

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

Seriously, can we start a little earlier than 9 pacific? That like, 2 or 3 am over here.
Edit: Whoops, double post.

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: ParrotPatrol ]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 09:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ParrotPatrol:
<STRONG>Seriously, can we start a little earlier than 9 pacific? That like, 2 or 3 am over here.
Edit: Whoops, double post.

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: ParrotPatrol ]</STRONG>

What do you mean? You can play whenever you like, just as soon as I finish the first year; I have a class until 8:00 tonight. Anyway, this way, we might get a last-minute signup. Rest assured, you will get the save file soon.
Speaking of which, could you PM me with your Email addresses? Just to prevent spammers from finding it.

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 09:47:00 pm »

Class until 8? Wow, thats rough. Astronomy lab?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 10:39:00 pm »

Ceramics. Y' see, we have to light pine needles to give sculptures a special finish, so naturally, we can't do that while everybody is here, due to the smoke. So I have a minute while the kiln heats up, maybe I will start the game early and hope we get some more players. I just want to make sure everybody gets their say.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 01:45:00 am »

All Right! Let the GAME BEGIN!

...And so, in the spring of the year 1050, seven dwarves set out from the Mountainhomes of The Abbey of Labor, southwards to the more temperate regions and then high up into the forbidding mountains, to a great lake, in a steep valley. Finally reaching their destination, the dwarves unhitched their animals by the shores of the massive lake, near where a river joins it, and looked out through the valley carved by the river. Massive, empty cliff faces awaited carving there, and the dwarves spoke for a few hours, finalizing the plans they made on the journey, and set to work to fulfill the king's demand. He would have a statue, no, a monument, for the glory of all dwarfkind built here, and he would have these dwarves defeat the mountains, too.

Well, that's all the RP you'll get out of me! I Got a great 5x5 play area by both lakes and mountains, with HUGE cliffs. The Hills of Dye, foothills to the Curious Barbs, and adjacent to Lake Blueness of Lutes. There is sand, no aquifer, and oh yes, the river seems to not have a name. I brought plenty of Plump Helmets and Spawn, Rock Nuts, and all KINDS of Booze and Meats. I sold the Anvil, of course, and we have this crew:
2 Miners
1 Woodcrafter
1 stoneworker (Mason, arch., Mech, Stoncrft)
1 Farmer/cook
1 farmer/butcher
1 Manager/trader

And now, we strike the earth at Torasaran, Greatersculptures.

[ November 15, 2007: Message edited by: PTTG?? ]

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »

Well? Strike the earth dammit.

Speeeedy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 12:30:00 am »

Why the butcher if you don't have a hunter?

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 12:47:00 am »

Why a cook? Cooking in the current version is a waste of seed.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 02:40:00 am »

I bring a butcher/tanner for two reasons, first to clean up any natural kills (for instance, trade caravan axedwarves often kill deer) and second, for killing spare muskoxen. Oh, and Cooking does do at least one thing: dwarves will not automaticaly eat cooked food over raw food, just whatever is closest. Since cooked food has several ingredents, if any one of those is a favorite of the eater, he gets a happy thought. Cooking also multiplies the amount of food you get, and it has quality modifiers that also make dwarves happier.
Anyway, an update; It's early winter, plenty of food a booze, got several immigrants that need beds, we have an ☼Dining hall☼ so everybody is just peachy. I will email it to you, Parrot at the start of spring with notes. I should be sending it out tonight.

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 03:51:00 am »

Meh. I usually just assign butcher skills to the first peasant that shows up. Since the skills doesn't affect anything other than the speed at which the butchery takes place, I usually don't bother with it. I usually dont give my farmers anything BUT growing, because they are usually so damned busy planting seeds that they dont have time to do anything else (I build 10x10 farms and keep them running forever)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »

OK! After one year, we have made a lot of progress! A simple fort has been carved out, a staircase goes up to the base of the statue, and a 22x22x35 tile cube has been cleared from the rock. There is access on two sides, but what I suggest is carve out each level starting from the top fully, and move down step by step. To reach some areas it may be easier to dig thrugh the center of the statue and then rewall any holes.
As for trade, I requested all of the basic goods, food, ales anvils, ect., and they want Prepared meals, at 207%, Fish at 193%, Meat at 189%, backpacks at 183 % and also footwear, toys, and bracelets.
We have 14 total population, including 3 seige operators (see hotkeys F2&F3, as well as [SHIFT]F8) to get rid of excess stone. We have one Legendary miner, two dead miners, and two new miners, as well as trillions of stones from carving up all the mountain. We have some gems, but you may want to hunt arround for more coal. We have enormous piles of magnetite and diorite, so steel is in our future. We also now have internal farm rooms on the kitchen level, so no need to farm outside. let's see... Oh, we have 3 Dwarven wine left. SO!
Do some brewing, make some meals to sell next fall, do some work on the statue, and try not to kill too many dwarves!

MAP

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »

Judas Effing priest! There are like 100 z-levels here! I am completely lost, what did you DO!?

[ November 16, 2007: Message edited by: ParrotPatrol ]

[ November 16, 2007: Message edited by: ParrotPatrol ]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 04:55:00 pm »

BWAH HA HA HA!
OK, I set up a few hotkeys that should have been transfered: F1 is the starting place, F2&F3 are the top and bottom layers of the statue, and F4 is the fortress its self. ShiftF8 is the stone dump from the catapults. Lesse here... there is a storage room just off from the Depot, but it needs doors on it (don't forget to cook a bunch of meals, the caravan will buy them for twice their value)
The four big rooms are storage and workshop areas, but the stock keeper has some office furnature there for now. Might be a good idea to move him to the new rooms in the northeastern quarter of the fortress.
Now that I think about it, you might want to know why the entrance to the fortress is along a narrow corridor next to the lake: I set that up so a drawbridge somewhere along there would keep the goblins out. In fact, I believe that that one passage is the only access to the fortress there is, other than the very highest parts of the mountain.
Can't wait to see what you add!

ParrotPatrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »

I'm gonna lose those catapaults because they can't fire through z-levels yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3