Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: We will show them! (Halfling village builder ISG)  (Read 4383 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: We will show them! (Halfling village builder ISG)
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 11:08:11 am »

Quote from: Kender Critic
EAT A BAG OF SHIT

+1
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 02:31:28 pm »

Quote from: Kender Critic
EAT A BAG OF SHIT

+1

Your halflings aren't THAT kind of halflings. And better don't ask them what that means. Forget I ever mentioned that. Halflings tend not to talk about "them".

Also, what's going on with that rock to our south-east? It has strange stuff on it.
I'm more intrigued by the possibility that there's something underneath the central rock.

But if there's some way to move the rocks, the suggested first use for the felled tree (axe and saw used) is to use as rollers to try to move the rocks into a circle, the gaps between being small enough to reuse the logs and pile up soil (shovel) to form barricades/closable entrances in each of those gaps. Then get everything except the larger carriages (maybe useful gap-blockers/enteyways?) inside, upend the smaller carts (two each) against each other for basic shelter against rain for goods and villagers who need it.  Add leafy branches to further weatherproof and extend the coverage of the 'eaves'.

If the rocks are firmly immovable, we need a pick/chisel or equivalent, though. If the hammer isn't that kind of tool. See about (maybe) woodcarver Flivairwin making something from handy sized tree branches and whatever loose rock might be found?  If that can be done, start to create a low wall (aiming eventually to a broch-like communal building, if enough stone is available) from any haulable but still substantial stone lumps that don't have any other obvious use, such as being useful metal ores.

And five fancy hats?  Give a hat to anyone who takes on a leadership role or otherwise provides a major service in the founding or any other major phase in the settlement. They get to keep the hat (or take it with them to the grave) even if they are replaced, as a variation on permanent borrowing. If more hats are needed, more hats shall be made.  Wemhave the technology!
+1

Also I did the math and I think we only have 2.5 days of food. Depending on what people find during their exploring butchering the livestock might be required to survive. In light of this we should use our leaders hatchet to chop down that tree so we can get our woodcrafter on making a workshop for butchering. We could take apart the carriages for resources but we can use those for sleeping until we get something more permanent.

The hatchet is actually a cleaver. My bad. But there will be hatchets, too.

I've been working on this every free minute the last couple of days. Coding away at a little tool I created for this and spending a lot of time with drawing stuff. I will probably post an update in a few hours or tomorrow.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 08:52:02 am »

We will show them!
Turn overview

Day 3 - Overhauled
Sorry for the pause.
I was working on background stuff for this a lot,
including a graphics overhaul, working on the toolset I'm coding for this,
and preparing a lot of stuff to lessen the work I have to do for each future update.

I hope you guys like the new look. ;)

The new base area is 2048x2048, I hope that's not too large to comfortably check out.

I've done some small changes to the items your group brought with them. There are now chisels and hammers and pickaxes and so on.
There also is food for 4 days (even 5 with the caught fishes), and you can now see the sum of the food item's nutrition in the food spoiler.

Enjoy!

In the morning, the scouts come back from their respective expeditions.
Most of the area seems to be quite peaceful and safe, looking basically just like the surroundings of your camp.
A few kilometers to the North, just before the forest begins, they found an entrance to a small cave, just a few meters in diameter.
The cave walls seem to show traces of some mineral, but they couldn't make out what exactly it was.
Fliraal offers to take a look, since she's the only one with any experience regarding metals.
About 1 kilometer to the South, there is a rather large area with loamy soil that could come in quite handy.
The clearing is dotted with groups of boulders and tress, and for more wood, you can simply go to the forest.
(The clearing is about 10 kilometers in diameter, you are in the center more or less)

Unklihuth caught 9 fishes over the day. There are 3 seaspears, long, white eels and 2 trident carps, named after their distinctive tails, both of which also live in the three borders sea.
The other two fishes though are new to her, there are 3 greenish fat eel-like things, and 1 formed kinda like a flat disc.
She suggests to flatten the center boulder and use it for butchering fish and other animals.

You decide to give the hats Klenzbyvem brought with him to the most important members of the group.
You just aren't exactly sure yet about who the most important members are. You should give that some thought. *looks towards the players*

Your people begin to try and move some of the boulders into a more useful formation.
This is gonna take a day, and probably not all of the boulders will be moveable.

You tell Flivairwin to help you cut down that tree. This will take a day (cutting and preparing it for further processing).

Your people have discovered two new animals.
One is a small rodent with moss green fur, the other looks like a mix of a tortoise and a monitor lizard. Neither seem to be aggressive and they don't even really seem to care about your presence.

Sites

Tasks
Founder Lelvyt Ladnirt and    Flivairwin Glavalor are cutting down the big tree at the camp. Remaining days: 1
Deppuc Nensnifain, Klenzbyvem Glavalor, Redbucirt Dipri, Snodeddwir Dipri, Togbyss Snigbig, Fliraal Snigbig and Jonyrkat Knambyc are hauling bolders, trying to make some kind of wall around the base. Remaining days: 1

Storage
Spoiler: Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valuables (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shields (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Animals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CURRENCY (click to show/hide)
Villagers
Founder Lelvyt Ladnirt,29
Butcher
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Deppuc Nensnifain,88
Singer
Klenzbyvem Glavalor,60
Hatter
Redbucirt Dipri,43
Innkeeper
Snodeddwir Dipri,26
Nurse
Togbyss Snigbig,49
Stablehand
Unklihuth Snigbig,112
Fisherman
Fliraal Snigbig,19
Jeweler
Flivairwin Glavalor,61
Woodcarver
Jonyrkat Knambyc,22
Pastry Cook

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »

We will show them!
Turn overview

Day 4 - It's taking shape
FYI: The posts are "snapshots" from midday. You can decide actions for the next day as well as for the rest of this one.

It has been hard work, but your halflings managed to build a small wall out of the not too big boulders in the area.
It will take much more for it to become a serious defence, but it is better than nothing.
As they were gathering the boulders, they examined the berries growing on the bushes.
There are those big, orange fruits, which smell and taste like a mix of peach and banana. They are very sweet and juicy.
Then there are the smaller, blue berries. They have a stinging smell and are very soft. Even the slightest touch damaged one, and the juices leaking from it leave a burning sensation. Water seems to be able to wash it off completely, though.

Not having any orders from you, they now do what they think needs to be done.
The Dipri brothers are taking some of the smaller stones and set up a fireplace.

Klenzbyvem and Togbyss are checking on the animals, making sure they are healthy.

After cutting that tree, you and Flivairwin keep processing it.
The twigs you gave to the Dipri brothers for the fireplace,and the boards you staple where you cut them, for now.
You will keep doing that until there comes up something more important.

Unklihuth, not getting any reply about that center stone from you, decides to take matters in her own little hands.
She spent hours carving that stone, using hammer and chisel, but she did it.
Now she's getting ready to butcher and dry those fishes and Jonyrkat, the pastry cook, decided to help her.

Deppuc, the singer, takes a closer look at that lichen growing on some of the boulders here.
They seem harmless to the touch, and unlike the blue berries from the bushes, the blue berries growing on them smell sweet.
He didn't dare to try one, though.

Fliraal decided to spend some time watching the mossy rodents.
They seem not frightened at all, even though they went closer together when your halflings started gathering the boulders.
They make weird sounds, like a donkey with an extremely high-pitched voice.
It almost seems as if they are talking to each other.

While setting up the wall, the halfings also moved the storage a bit.

Sites

Tasks
Founder Lelvyt Ladnirt and Flivairwin Glavalor are cutting down and processing the trees around the camp. Remaining days: no limit
Snodeddwir Dipri and Redbucirt Dipri are setting up a fireplace. Remaining days: 1
Unklihuth Snigbig and Jonyrkat Knambyc are catching and butchering fish. Remaining days: no limit
Togbyss Snigbig and Klenzbyvem Glavalor are taking care of the animals. Remaining days: 1
Fliraal Snigbigis studying the local fauna. Remaining days: no limit
Deppuc Nensnifainis studying the local flora. Remaining days: no limit

Storage
Spoiler: Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valuables (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shields (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Animals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CURRENCY (click to show/hide)
Villagers
Founder Lelvyt Ladnirt,29
Butcher
Deppuc Nensnifain,88
Singer
Klenzbyvem Glavalor,60
Hatter
Redbucirt Dipri,43
Innkeeper
Snodeddwir Dipri,26
Nurse
Togbyss Snigbig,49
Stablehand
Unklihuth Snigbig,112
Fisherman
Fliraal Snigbig,19
Jeweler
Flivairwin Glavalor,61
Woodcarver
Jonyrkat Knambyc,22
Pastry Cook

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 03:45:15 pm »

Tasks for Day 5:
Fliraal Snigbig should go to the northern mine and try identify the mineral.
Unklihuth Snigbig and Lelvyt Ladnirt can to catch and butcher fish.
Togbyss Snigbig should shear the animals. If that's not possible then he can accompany his daughter to the cave.
Jonyrkat Knambyc can cook meals and preserve food.
Klenzbyvem Glavalor and Redbucirt Dipri should try to construct tents.
Flivairwin Glavalor should identify the trees in the clearing as well as the nearby forests. She should try to figure out the quality of wood they may provide and if they bear fruit, flowers, nuts, or sap.
Deppuc Nensnifain and Snodeddwir Dipri can forage for food. They should prioritize the big, orange fruits.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2017, 04:34:05 am »

Hello Straw. Sorry for the late answer, I did not expect anyone to reply anymore after a few days.
Right now I'm focused on too many other things and won't be able to work on this.
Maybe I will continue working on it some day, but not at the moment.

ps: Thanks for your suggestions anyway, I really didn't expect this anymore :D

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 02:37:35 pm »

Hey Asgarus. It's all good. Though, if you don't already, I would recommend you use the "Show new replies to your posts." link to more easily keep track of new replies. As for this game, I got to say it's pretty cool, creative, and rather charming. I really liked how the characters would choose their own tasks if they aren't assigned any. It's frankly a shame that people stopped suggesting for whatever reasons. (Understandably people do get busy. It took me 2 days to get back to this. :P)

Good luck with your other endeavors. Keep it up.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 2 [3]