Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How will you use the new upper and lower levels?  (Read 1765 times)

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How will you use the new upper and lower levels?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »

Apparently you can. Hmmm... Trench Warfare, anyone?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 02:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by OverrideB1:
<STRONG>Even if there's only 3 levels available (+1 0 -1), that opens up whole new levels of possibility. I, for one, plan to investigate the whole concept of living areas above workshops (with profiles) and storage areas below the workshop drawing from a central pile of resource X.

Oh, and pit-traps with pressureplates -- if such a thing is possible...</STRONG>

this is exactly my plan.  I intend to give each skilled dwarf a workshop, aboove which is his living area.  this will include their individual dining rooms and mini-food/drink stockpile.

below the workshop will be the resource stockpile.  dedicated haulers will keep the stockpiles filled, and the workshops uncluttered.

I also plan on taking advantage of various plumbing and multi-level trap ideas, but i hope to be able to work them into different parts of the same three levels, as to save on processor resources.

i realize that this will totally bugger my current design paradigm of having everyone eat together in royal dining rooms, and sleep in legendary barracs - but what the heck.  i've been playing that model for a while now, and its time for something new.

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »

quote:
Apparently you can. Hmmm... Trench Warfare, anyone?

another idea, though a bit complicated: Dwarves in a tube:

dig tunnels under outside area, dig hole to surface sumhow, then add a way to flood the tunnel with water.

make sure that the tunnel's exit is behind enemy lines

Station legendary dwarves at bottom of tube then let water in. dwarves should float to the top of tube then surprise attack the enemies (try it out first on recruits)

.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 08:47:00 pm »

Haha I bet that gives them a lot of negative thoughts though.

"Id Blaxomer is unhappy. He was recently launched out of a water cannon. He recently got wet. He recently came close to drowning."

Pages: 1 [2]