Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211105 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Backalley Medicant ☆ Noriko-chan
« Reply #1155 on: September 29, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »

Noriko
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Big Blast Sonic]

Security proves to be as easy to deal with as always, your spear throw succeeding in tripping them as they yell and try to fire their tasers in vain. You're not entirely convinced they'd have done much even if they had hit you. The Phase Stalker on the other hand proves to be a little more, troublesome. You drive your spear into it, but unlike the other foes you've fought before, this one doesn't just take it like a slut. Instead it seems to flicker and the next moment, it's racing along your spear, an elongated tendril crystallizing into the air as it attempts to slash you in the face and launch itself backwards with the impact.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 30, 2017, 03:28:27 pm »

Yoake pouts when Shef tells her not to break down the door. "Awww..."

And then, as soon as he is done talking, she exits the garage and drives on, lightning fast down the streets. She is apparently, a pretty good driver. Although she doesn't have much respect for road rules. After some more speedy driving, Yoake parks up next to the appropriate building, and waits at the entrance for Shef.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 01, 2017, 08:54:27 am »

"Try to stay quiet for now." Shef muttered as they approached the door. Most apartments had a locked main door, and then a set of doorbells to get that main door opened. If this apartment was set up in that style, Shef will simply open a small portal big enough for his hand to reach in to the other side to unlock the door. He did of course, check to make sure no one was watching first. He stepped in, held the door for Yoake, before closing it as quietly as possible. A slow march up the stairs, before they arrived outside the apartment Shef had been told about. Shef stepped a few feet to the side of the door, and then conjured up a small--perhaps a centimeter in diameter--portal to look into the room.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 02, 2017, 01:03:16 am »

"Gosh, how chivalrous," Faith replied to Minato's remark about treating ladies well, and it only had a little bit of a joking tone to it -- 80% genuine, honest! She sat down on the mat that Minato had brought, smiling when he went and sat right down across from her. "Fighting crazy evil spirits or not, I think life has been pretty decent here, honestly! I met my half-sister who's nice, I get to do pretty much whatever I want, and there's this nice, guy I met named Minato who's pretty cool."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 02, 2017, 09:55:09 am »

Minato's confident facade slightly crumbles when he receives the compliment.
"Y-you think so? Heh. Well, I try. Most girls don't tend to appreciate it, but....well, you're....pretty cool too."
Hoo. It seems she's finally caught him off guard with something.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1160 on: October 04, 2017, 02:09:50 am »

Noriko executed two attacks simultaneously; the first, aimed at stopping the thing from closing any further, or impaling it if it decided to take the time to actually hit her by yanking the spear that had entangled the security team toward it. The second was to more or less drop the spear in her hand and punch the bastard, adding some bite to the strike by essentially attaching a blade made of wind to her knuckles.

At least she got a break from the surgery.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 04, 2017, 03:28:37 am »

Shef and Yoake
The doorway opens up in a living room, the living room holds a couch, and the couch holds your target. Clean shaven, casual clothes, checking his phone. Unremarkable, middle men often are. Enforcers? Those vary, depends on what they're here to do, and the ones here? They're here to protect, they're here to kill, memorability be damned. Black Halos. Two of them. Ranged models, you can tell by armaments, the armaments they've just conjured in response to your portal. Attentive, unsurprising trait for snipers, though here for the closer quarters they've conjured shotguns. They're backing away, training their weapons at the door. Target's slower to react, a bit of time to notice what his enforcers are doing. They have be built for battle, but he certainly ain't. He scrambles behind a desk, reaching for a gun. That won't help. Not the desk, not the gun. This ain't a Hollywood film, the first won't stop a bullet, the second won't have a chance to fire one. He's lucky you want him alive.

The constructs shouldn't be much trouble, not for yourself, not for your partner, main concern's the noise, Yoake's Requiem can deal with that that but you probably won't have much for cover once that goes off, not that it should be too much of a problem.

Here're World Lines, you're not gonna need them.

Noriko

With something that could charitably be called a squeak, the Phase Stalker twists in the air, seeking to evade your strike. It flickers a second time, seemingly glitching out of reality and to the side by mere inches as evade your punch and bringing its tendril clashing against your intercepting spear with a parry that sends it flying backwards. It's intact, mostly. It seems to be missing a chunk of its body, likely from your wind blade. Couldn't have been much more than a graze, but even that seems to deal a fair bit of damage to it.

Security C and D get back on their feet, and aim their tasers back at you.

The patient's vital signs are becoming more erratic now.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:41:50 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:58 am »

"Giving you a portal." Shef muttered, before springing into action. He immediately shut the portal that he had peered through, and took a few steps to the left. Hopefully, once Yoake activated her Requiem, he wouldn't be hit immediately.

Shef will take a few steps to the left, wait for Yoake to change the setting, and then make a portal to have her hit the Halos from an unexpected direction. He will also fire a few shots of his own at the other Halo.
[4] 3 3 5 3 5 3 4 4 5
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 05, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

Yuki
"Of course silly~! Who else would I be~?"
"An alien, an assassin, an aramitama..." Yuki began listing off a series of viable (in her mind) alternatives. "Buuut you're probably not any of those."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 06, 2017, 03:06:54 am »

Despite the fact that she's somewhat blushing herself, Faith does seem to be rather amused by the sudden breakdown of Minato's cool, if her mischievous grin is any indication. She pokes his nose.
"Thanks, and, eheh, 95% of the time you are in fact super cool."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 06, 2017, 04:59:31 am »

Yuki
As soon as the words leave your mouth you find yourself being hoisted by the scruff of your neck, a voice booming from behind "A fellow Godslayer! I am in need of your services, will you come with us?"

"Hmm..." Elly pauses for a moment resting her hand against her chin (or at least you think it's her chin, you can't see anything inside the hood) thoughtfully. "Fifty bucks."

"What?"
"Well I'm entitled to some compensation aren't I? I mean I came all the way here to Sendo and now you're dragging away my adorable little tour guide! > _ <"
"That's absurd! You can't just speak for her!"
"Twenty."
Another voice comes from behind you, a quieter voice, relaxed and lacking the intensity of whoever's holding you.
"Wha-? Pia you-"
"That should be more than enough for a cake and a drink while you wait."
"Twenty? That's way too little! I'm a busy girl you know! My time's worth waaay more! ☆"
"Twenty-five."
"Seriously, shouldn't we-"
"Thirty!"
"Thirty it is."

With that, this Pia girl walks forward into your field of vision. She looks remarkably plain. Nothing about her really screams 'Awakened', she isn't sketchy, she isn't absurdly energetic, hell even her hair and eyes are just shades of 'side-character brown'. Okay yeah she is dressed in a maid outfit, but it's not even a super special ninja maid costume with a cherry on top, it's just a cosplay of Joan Higgins III from Studio Alienchair's hit series マグナム・ピー・アイ, which if you had to guess, is mainly so she can carry her around a pump action shotgun, silenced pistol, combat knife, and tomahawk around without her intentions being questioned. And those weapons aren't even glowing! They're just, actual mundane weapons spray painted black with the occasional bit of orange.

That's the general read on her at least, well until you notice something a little odd... this girl, she doesn't have a shadow.

Quote from: Twinwolf
Despite the fact Yuki could in all likelihood (at least in her mind) escape the current harsh grip on her, she stays there. Her legs were tired anyway~ "Oooooh, am I getting dragged off to adventure~?" she cheerfully asks. She didn't particularly comment on being called adorable but was glad for the compliment. "I think I'm worth more than thirty deer, you know. Unless you're like, mega-conservationists. Like those PETA guys who keep getting shown as terrorists in shows and stuff. Why is that anyway...?" she cuts her tangent short.
Alrighty then, enough about deer and things. Being hoisted up, fine. Can chainsaw that if needed. Pia person (oh that's fun, pia person pia person... heh.) is in front now, pulls off the maid outfit well although she totally would look better in a ninja maid costume (oooh, or pirate maid! Yar har master~ She could get a bonus for proposing that theme for a day!). Lots of weapons but none of them are really fancy. Like Shif. Shep. Chef? Whatever. Like him (dang, need to remember the name better). Functional mostly. Annnd no shadow. Ok, what's the betting she uses her missing shadow as a weapon. Or is a demon. Or isn't really there. Not a vampire though, that's reflections. Do ghosts disturb light particles or something? Annnyway probably magic powers going on. Coool. So she just waits for her question to be responded to. The first, not the second.

"Indeed you are! We must retake a leyline before our enemies fortify it further!"
"Fine, I'll cover the difference then!"

"Oooh, magic adventure! I think that's what leylines are anyway, whole lot of different versions but most are magical I think. How's that work, fortifying it anyway?"

"They've erected a Sanctuary over it, if we can get in and destroy what's keeping it up, they'll be forced to retreat."

"Ooooh. Let's go then!" Despite Yuki's enthusiastic declaration, she is still being held up by someone and can't actually get going.

"Let us get going then! Time is of the essence!"
"Bring her back in one piece!"

He drops you, and as you turn around you find yourself face-to-face, or rather, face-to-bare-abs with an utter behemoth of a man, whatever animeness Pia was lacking, this guy more than made up for clad in a gladiator's helm and trousers that are secured by what appears to be a wrestling championship belt. He radiates power, like a star, some sort of hypothetical star oiled-up and subsisting entirely on protein shakes.

"Thank you for putting me down!" Yuki says cheerily, before turning to the one she'd come to meet. "I'll be riiiight back, just a bit of murder first. Heroic murder! Probably! The aramitama's a bad guy so killing them is heroic I think." She turns back to the supremely anime person. "Oh, looking good! You must work out a lot. Let's go, then!" she points in a pretty much random direction since she doesn't know where they're going.

"This isn't the work of an Aramitama, there's some Mononoke behind it."

The leyline as it turns out wasn't too far a walk from where you work, its position overlapping a modest commerical building. As the three of you breach the Sanctuary, the world seems to flicker several dozen times, like the snapping of a camera's shutter, with flicker, part of the world desaturating and being replaced with what lies within.

Where you stand outside now is a featureless platform of pure white, its edges extending far out in every direction, Its edges sheer drops over blocky precipices into the abyss below, the only structure here being a greyscale copy of the commercial building, everything past the first three floors missing more and more chunks, with nothing past what little there is for the fifth. The only color here is in the wood and steel barricades sealing the doors and windows from prying eyes, the barricades blocking the main doors before you.

How do you wanna play this?

Yuki had been sneaking (as well as sneaky as a loud, chuuni maid can be) towards the place where the Sanctuary lay, moving from cover to cover that doesn't actually hide her well and only gets a couple glances from the people who want to see the weirdo cosplayers.
As they come to the door, Yuki looks at the ones with her, gestures to the door, and then to her chainsaw. "Is there any particular reason not to just chainsaw this door down and go in suuuuper loud?" she questions. "Well I guess they might be expecting that. Main doors and all. But then, they might know we know that and instead trap the side doors..." she continued muttering in this string of "we know but they might know we know..." until recieving a response.

"Front and sides will definitely be covered. I can try blasting through a wall but they might have enough time reposition before I'm through."

Spoiler: Support Skills (click to show/hide)

"Is there a way up on the roof? That way in isn't the front or side! And is really cool, besides."

"Maybe, I can both of you up, but if we get spotted, I won't be able to fight unless I let go."
"What if we start on one side and then go around?"

"We can do that! I'm just going to follow your lead on that, I've never been a tactics-y person."

"Okay, when you guys hear the gunshots wait a few seconds, then breach."
She darts off around the corner. A few seconds later you hear the roar of a shotgun soon followed by the chatter of return fire.

Yuki idly counts off on her fingers after the shots. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... been a few seconds! She revs the chainsaw and charges (chainsaw-first) at the wall, trying to break it down (preferably in a way that does not end with debris on her head or structural collapse of the building...).

コンバット•スタート!

You charge forth and cleave straight through the barricade. Behind it, the entrance opens up into a lobby of sorts, broken glass still reeking of alcohol strewn across the floor and through the air like barbed wire as to slow your advance. Emblazoned across the wall directly in front of you, black on beige, is an eye sigil the words below it reading Nii-chan Is Watching.

From the lobby there are only two real ways to go, left and right, metal barriers giving cover to the defenders with more glass strewn in front to blunt any would-be assaults.

[Now Playing: All Eyes On Me]

It is here, caught between two fortified positions that you find yourself being fired upon, bullets streaking from both sides.

There's four of them, two on each side, beings seemingly formed of paint striped black and purple, wide strips of liquid pigment twisted to into the form of something reminiscent of animated mummy wrappings crossed with hooded cloaks, assaults rifles chattering away with bursts of betwitched munitions as their weilders bark into their comms with voices sharp and low, slurred with alcohol and punctuated with bursts of static.
"Contact! Hostiles breaching main entrance. We need backup bro!"

Yuki quickly fires off a heal on herself (because owowow) [Salvation of the Goddess, second 4]. "Hello! We're here to get you off the leyline 'cause we kinda need it I think." she cheerfully states, before charging towards one side of the fortifications (using her chainsaw to chop away anything getting in her way). She avoids the glass mostly by way of just jumping over it and landing between two of them, relying on the shield to take the brunt of their fire. "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me~" she says, before putting out a wide sweep with her weapon.

Your ally doesn't really charge or take cover or anything, he just fucking stands upright amidst the hail of fire. "You! The vulgarians who seek to become the opressors, the jailed who seek to become the jailors, we have come to halt you! We have come to take back what is rightfully ours! This city, we built it with hopes and our dreams, and sweat and our tears! It is not yours to take. What arrogance, what impertinence is it for you to lay claim upon it? To claim its people, to claim their freedom? We have come for the leyline, nothing more! Stand down and you shall be spared! Fight and there shall be blood! What say you?"

The shooting continues.

"Then blood there shall be."

Healing yourself, cleave apart the glass ensnaring, the sustained fire quickly breaking whittling down your shield, too late though. By then you're already free. Leaping across the room you bring your chainsaw down with a wide sweep, tearing Neophyte B's head clean off in a spray of paint, their hollow body crumpling to the floor. Neophyte A proves to be a little to fast, quickly ducking under the barrier, sparks flying where your weapon connects with the emplacement just above their head.

Beyond here, the hallway turns right with two more wooden barricades sealing the rooms between the emplacement and corner, a machinegun turret with a clear ballistics barrier sits unattended behind another row of glass and, nest of beer cans, its operator having abandoned their post in the earlier commotion.

Neophyte B drops their rifle, drawing a pistol and combat knife as they prepare to counter your next move while
C and D continue firing from the opposite emplacement.

Pia pokes her head out from the main entrance, quickly surveying the situation.

"Ooooh, good dodge! Iiiiit's not gonna help you though." Yuki says as she darts forth, chainsaw going for a chop as she heals herself (without a hyper this time). Try to have Tamura Assist if possible, and when they get over there heal them too

(So basically, if Yuki can't finish the guy Tahmuras will come here himself to help. Otherwise, after being Yuki-healed, he'll make his way to the other end of the hallway to deal with them Pia can scan these guys.)

Raising your weapon high you bring it down on the barrier, the regalia less a chainsaw and more an axeblade at this point as it cleaves down through the emplacement and Neophyte A's shoulder and into where their heart would be, if they had one. Not that it proves to be any less lethal. With its dying breaths the Watcher barks one last time into its comms "Position A's overrun! Send back up!"

Meanwhile in the hallway Pia's doing a little bit of talking of her own as she pulls out her phone, holding it with one hand and firing her handgun at the other Watchers with the other. "Hello? Tech support? ...Yes, I'm having a bit of trouble with one of your products, I'm not sure what the model name is, but they're striped, purple, and appear to be armed with assualt rifles. ...No, I haven't tried turning them off and on, could you tell me how?"

With his lovely assistant providing a bit of suppressive fire, Tahmuras barrels back down the hallway, through the glass and now-blindfired munitions, forcing his way over to the barriers. He brings a fist against the palisade, a deep dent forming as it buckles. "I will break you."

There's a flicker of movement and suddenly there's three more Watchers at your position further down the corridor. They're a little thinner, both in build and paint with glass pylons of amber fluid protruding from their backs. They move fast, impossibly fast, seemingly flickering and teleporting through the air as they rush towards you, bearing paddles studded with blades of obsidian. You're gonna go out on a limb here and guessing they're planning on rushing and paddling you.
From the other hallway something else emerges, another Watcher, this one with the word "wizard" practically written all over it. Its cloak is larger, more pronunced, its hood broodier, drawn over their head, or rather their lack thereof, the shadows beneath the cowl concealing nothing for there is nothing, a single glowing eye sigl projected into the air right in front of it, and around its neck float large runic greek letters. Yeeeep, definitely a mage. With a staff of stacked beer cans it gestures towards the barrier Tahmuras just punched which now begins to shudder with vibrant energies.
"On my mark bros!"

First up:
Suggest that Pia try to cap the mage with her gun. Maybe analyze what he's doing. If neither are feasible, try to help out with the hazeborn.
Also recommend that Tahmuras get out of the way so he doesn't get rekt by that spell.

Since Yuki's on the other end...
"Hey, no paddling! That's rude. And generally something pervs or drunk people would do. But then I'm pretty sure you're all drunk off your butts, and probably evil too sooooo you won't live long enough to get sober!" Yuki says with all cheerfullness. She sends another small heal (non-hyper, just off defense) heal Tahmuras' way to give him a shield, and then pops another of the same sort on herself before jumping to action - ...Buuut not at the Hazeborn. They need to blink - and by the time they do, she's gone.
Annnnd she's right fucking behind the mage, chainsaw whirring as she tries to chop him vertically with a SUPRISE ATTACK (OF JUSTICE)

A gunshot, an explosion.
The roar of a regalia, the flash of a blade.
And impact, force and magic clashing in a brief cacophany of light and violence.

With a sonorous boom, the barrier detonates, expanding into a wall of force, the sonic shockwave blowing Tahmuras off his feet, the wall deflecting Pia's incoming fire. On that signal the remaining Neophytes nod to each other and swing back up into a rising position saturating the air with fire from behind the safety of the temporary forcefield.

In that moment, you were where you were no longer, now behind the Tikilord dropping your weapon in a cleaving blow. But something's wrong, you're off balance, your shield's broken, something hit you. A blade of obsidian, swung with killing intent, slicing into your spine the instant before you vanished. But how? The Hazeborn weren't in range yet. You teleported before they could even swing. Unless, unless...

You notice something, past the sonic wall, past Tahmuras, it was the Hazeborn that struck you. It was further out ahead, it was behind where you stood. In an instant it had closed the distance, in an instant it had struck you from behind. It seems you're not the only one with a teleport here.

No matter, you bring down your weapon.
It's, a hit, not the sorta hit you were hoping for, it's a hit. You cleaved into the Tikilord's shoulder before it manages to shift and start blocking with its staff, the wounded mage holding their ground for now. "Fall back back bros!" "Cover him!"

The runes expand and rush out, ringing around around you and soon to bombard you with bolts of energy. At the same time, their master steps backwards to disengage, swinging their staff up as to try and force your weapon out of the way before slamming the now flame-wreathed staff into the ground. During this, the Neophytes look as though they plan to run past you and man the machinegun (it seems that the setup here is identical to the one on the other side).

The Hazeborn continue rushing towards Tahmuras, but you've a feeling he's just a side gig. You're attacking their mage, so they're probably gonna try and gank you, lovely.

Try to brute-force the mage back - don't let their staff reach the ground and try to follow through to attack if possible. Using the current 4 for a hyper-heal, and then prepare for the hazeborn to reach. Have Tahmuras rush the neophytes going for the gun, have Pia continue analysis.

With staff well on its way onto the ground, it's not exactly easy to stop it now. Charge forwards and they'll just use your weapon as a pivot to slam the butt down, not ideal. And with the staff in motion and runes soon to discharge you're running out of time. Releasing one hand from your regalia you let them force it upwards, using your now-free hand to grab the staff and drive your chainsaw right against the side, shields going up right as the bolts slam against your body, and the mage slams against the wall. You come out of that, well, it could've been worse. Could've been better as well, especially if a certain asshole didn't fucking slash you coming out of the debris. Neophyte B is just gone, splattered across the other wall and Tahmuras is quickly closing on C, chances are it won't be reaching that gun on time. With Pia still just standing at the door way talking to tech support, that just leaves you, off-balance and standing amidst broken glass, a concussed mage, and a meanies with their two friends trailing behind in a soon-to-be clusterfuck.

Now the mage raises their burning staff again, apparently deciding fuck it, they've committed to and may as well keep on trying, Hazeborn A goes for a swing at your head, C goes for a low sweeping swing and B tries to paddle you in the backside.

Alteration to the first 5, use the last 5 for another teleportstab behind the mage. Try to kill them as hard as possible, and then go after the nearest Hazeborn. Dropping a resolve point to make sure this goes well.

Tahmuras can keep doing what he's doing, Pia continue her scan.

Before the Hazbeorn can strike you're gone, and this time you don't get whacked on the way out. Before they can do anything you've driven your weapon through the mage and are now wrenching it out of their corpse. The remaining Neophyte, seemingly intangible to the glass manages to race over to the emplacement and aim it at Tahmuras, who by then was standing right in front of it, one machine gun to the head later, the watcher is dead and Tahmuras has a gun.

The Hazeborns seem to teleport again, appearing around you in formation readying for a series of wild slashes. On the other side of the hallway in a V-formation, five new figures appear. At its front is a a new kind of Watcher, an Alumnus, the paint that forms their body hardened into a solid carapace of arcane fordite, the black stripes thicker and more pronounced, giving them a more distinctly armored appearance somewhere between knight and insect. Leading the squad's dash for cover, it grabs the machine gun emplacement, firing covering shots with its rifle down the corridor as a shadowy aura pulses out from its body. To its left is a Tikilord its burning staff hurling a lance of fire towards your position, to its right is a Tactical, something sorta like a Neophyte albeit a little bit larger with an appearance that more closely ressembles a ghillie suit and paired with a sniper rifle it's currently taking aim at Pia with. Flanking the trio are a pair of Hazelords, which are yeah, imagine Hazeborns with larger paddles, shotguns, and more beer, those two don't really move, they just sorta stand there, waiting.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:41:46 am by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 07, 2017, 12:15:50 am »

Yoake hopped excitedly, before holding her hands out beside her, activating her Requiem.

Afterwards, she uses Shef's portal to travel behind one of the Halo's, butt-first.

[Alteration Used: 4 instead of 2]
[ 2 4 2 3 4 3 4 4 6 1 ]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1167 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:15 am »

Noriko leapt forward, and did something she would probably still be mentally shouting at herself for a week from now. She took one spear and jammed it straight down toward the man's heart, relying on instinct and a fair bit of luck in order to land it to the right place, and used it as a lever to fling herself at the Stalker, essentially pole vaulting forward with the weapon. The other was aimed straight at the Stalker, mostly relying on sheer speed in order to hit, though she'd attempt to adjust her aim to any evasive maneuvers it made. Hopefully the motion would make it impossible to hit her with a tazer, and hopefully these idiots weren't stupid enough to fire over the patient.
Also alteration to 5 because I'm not taking a 1 on this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:24:59 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 07, 2017, 01:03:29 am »

Despite the fact that she's somewhat blushing herself, Faith does seem to be rather amused by the sudden breakdown of Minato's cool, if her mischievous grin is any indication. She pokes his nose.
"Thanks, and, eheh, 95% of the time you are in fact super cool."
Minato rubs the back of his head, clearly trying to collect himself.
"Heheh.....well, I try. The ladies aren't always so appreciative."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #1169 on: October 07, 2017, 01:43:54 am »

Shef and Yoake

It took you five seconds, probably less. Five seconds, that's all the time the constructs were worth. Requiem went off and before it the scenery was done changing they were aiming, wings lengthening with bayonets, shotguns flaring with black flames, a shame they weren't aiming the right way. Yoake rushes in through the portal, ass-first towards A, which to its credit dodges. It did not dodge her second strike. B immediately spins around bringing its barrel to face her, a swift leap backwards buying it enough time to aim it and enough time for Shef to lock-on. Both were down before they could even fire.

As for your target, he's... oh. Wow, that's kinda pathetic, he's uh, trying to escape. He's trying to swim. The guy's trying to swim, fully dressed, away from you two - a man with a gun, and a lady in a swimsuit, the act made even more futile by the fact that there isn't actually anywhere for him to even swim to.

You may wanna stop him before he tires himself out and drowns.

Noriko

Now, for reasons that I can't even begin to comprehend, you decide to fucking jam a magical spear into your patient's heart and pole vault off of them. So uh, you do that. Fucking stab him right in the heart and leap. Security C is screaming, Security D is screaming, none of them are even firing, and as you disengage your spear in a spray of arterial blood, you hear the distinct sound of E fainting and thudding on the floor. You careen straight into the wall spear-first missing the Phase Stalker by less than an inch as it flickers just out of the way, your follow-up slash proving move successful, gouging a shallow channel into the wall and splitting the phantasm in two.

In the stunned silence that follows, the only noise is the electronic beeping of the equipment as it slows and steadies.

"Y-you, did it! You saved him!"
"Unless you're planning on earning some extra credit for your medical school application, I'd suggest leaving, the nurses can handle the rest. Enn will need a bit of time to remove your cover, they won't know it was you after that."

The remaining security guards sort of just back away from you shakily, they're still aiming their tasers, though with a lot less certainty than they were a few seconds ago.

Yuki
Alteration to that last 6
Try to avoid the strikes of the hazeborn and slash all  around, trying to take as many of them down as possible. Then try to get away from the fire-lance-thing.
Tahmuras should either come to assist with the hazeborn or try to get on the machine gun things if he knows how to use those? don't know if he does
Pia continue scanning, take cover.

The new arrivals are cloaked in a wall of darkness, bullets tearing blindly out from within, none finding their mark, none save for that which drives itself right into Pia's head, blasting her backwards. It wasn't a clean hit, she was trying to dodge so it didn't hit dead-on, but still even then, she does not seem as phased as you'd think she'd be as she rolls into cover and dusts herself off.

Revving your chainsaw you rend the space around you and that it may contain. Sparks and paint flying in your wake, a burst of machinegun firing coming from close-in as Tahmuras brings his newly requisitioned weapon to bear. Hazeborn C finds itself shredded apart, your weapon gliding effortlessly through its fleeting form, B manages to dodge your swing and the machinegun fire only to be impaled upon the weapon's barrel as it tries to disengage. The final foe proves to be elusive however, seemingly vanishing and reappearing further back, your attacks striking only its afterimage. And then, the fire comes crashing down.

The glass, the glass that smelled so heavily of alcohol, it ignites, the entire section of the hallway catching fire, as tongues of flame reach out, ensnaring the two of you further. Seeing its chance, A rushes forwards, swinging its bladed paddle at your throat. Something inside the darkness flashes brightly. Danger looms.

Pia calls out.

"They're reliant on their cover. We need to break it."

First off, alteration to a 6. Second off - I'm giving us a Healing Field with resolve, primarily for the purpose of allowing us to escape mostly unscathed and healing any damage we may incur in doing so. Then! Both the hazeborn, and the flash in the darkness, are bad. That said - priorities. The hazeborn she can probably take a hit from although she'd rather not. She has no idea what sort of thing is being used in the darkness or if she can take it with reasonable not-dying. Thus: Dodge. Yuki would do her best to break out of the fire with the help of Pia's scan and get the f*ck out of the way. Tahmuras should do the same and pour bullets down the hall if he's got any ammo, but the focus is not getting hit by whatever the heck the Tikilord is doing.

"Duck. Keep your weapons in front."

Radiant beams tear out from within the darkness, spraying out like machinegun fire and punctuated with the occassional sniper round. Tahmuras returns fire but to no avail, the deluge unphased by his reply. The remaining Hazeborn sweeps to the right, bringing its blade towards your side you hold steady and the image fades, replaced with a sharp pain. It was to your right swinging its weapon down onto your leg. Your shield breaks, taking the brunt of the strike, unfortunately, that leaves you unshielded for the sniper round that slams into your side, and the the beams that strike your flank as you reel from the impact. Tahmuras, fares slightly better, if only because the he didn't have a lagstabbing fratboy on his ass, though he still ends up prone from the impacts.

The vestiges of darkness, shredded by gunfire, dissipates, revealing your foes where they were before, crouching behind cover. The Hazeborn seemingly vanishes, teleporting right before Tahmuras and aiming to strike him from behind while the Tactical fires on him from the front. The Alumunus tosses aside the ruined husk of the machinegun and raises its rifle once more opening fire on you. The Tikilord takes a few bottles of vodka, tossing them carelessly on the floor, a new floating expanse of shards beginning to spread out from their position.

"I've got a shot on the mage. I can take it now or make him explode the next time he tries casting."

The fire begins to die.

Alright! First up, first up! Let's have Pia detonate the mage when he tries to cast. The Tikilord is a big problem. Heal self with a non-hyper. Toss Tahmuras a non-hyper heal as well. Next, get out of the line of fire, then Guidance of the Moon! (or whatever the buff was called) on self as well (that used a 4 right?) and then go for any melee enemies that try to take me! Also Alteration to 6.

"Sure!"

You are standing in an open corridor gunfire streaming towards you. There's cover behind you, it's too far. There's rooms to your right, barricaded. Not the best position to be in. You throw out a heal, your raise a shield, your shield shatters. You need to get the hell outta here, the sooner the better. A bullet slams into your gut, another into your skull, your arm, your chest as you turn to run. No matter, you bring your chainsaw across the barrier and dive through. It looked cooler in your head, but in your head there wasn't a metal emplacement right behind the it either. Behind you, you hear a wet crunch, followed by a heavy crash. Dust and debris fill the air Tahmuras having punched a crater in the floor to give cover to himself, a little one-man spider hole the edge stained with what used to be Hazborn A.

Now this would be all fine and good, but well, the guy can't do much in a hole and he's still pinned. As for you? Well, that metal barrier you crashed into? It's beginning to glow and shudder, it's gonna blow. You hear the Alumunus and the Tactical ready their weapons, you see Pia swinging out of cover, pistol raised, and you see Hazelord A vanish, reappearing behind the girl about to bring its blade down on her neck.

Yeah that's too many 1s and 3s
Reroll

Quote from: Reroll
4 1 5 5 5 1 5 2 1 4

Alright then, first up: Telestabbing Hazelord A. Two people can play the teleport game. "Hey hey! No stabbing the shooty people, that's not fair!". I assume Pia's self preservation should let her evade. Next, drop a heal on myself. And Tahmuras. Again. Non hyper because no resolve to multihyper. Tahmuras should stick in cover if he doesn't think he can make it to the shooters before they turn him into swiss cheese. After the telestab continue to press the attack against the Hazelord. Watch for B to do things.

Now Pia ain't a fool. She's seen how the Hazeborn teleport everywhere, and those Hazelords look pretty damn similar so when Hazelord A vanishes as she aims she has a pretty good idea of where it went. She pulls the trigger. The Hazelord swings, and, stops, the blade of a combat knife slicing through its chest. Of course, it wasn't there anymore. It was in front of her sweeping at her legs with her paddle. You chainsaw roars through its form. It vanishes again. Another afterimage. It bears down from its side only to meet her heel, cleaves forward from her flank only to be met once again by your regalia. A storm of illusions arising from and returning to naught around the two of you. Finally it finds its mark, a side Pia neglected to cover, a side too far for you to cover, the obsidian blade slamming into her hurling her like a ragdoll. It swoops in jamming the barrel of its shotgun gun agaisnt her temple, as she careened throught he air she twisted her body, responding in kind. An ephemeral stand-off, a balance that exists and will only exist for a mere instant before that inevitable thunderous discharge.
The Watcher position meanwhile is in disarray, when that bullet went through the Tikilord's head it exploded. Literally fucking exploded, sonorous energies and paint blasting forth in the middle of the damn formation. The Alumunus and Tikilord are hurled away by the explosion, paraphernalia-turned-shrapnel having torn through their forms leaving them wounded but alive, while the other Hazelord just stands there, the explosion seemingly failing to even register upon it. Amidst a streak of debris, Tahmuras approaches. He can't assualt their position head-on, but what he can do, what he is doing right now, is expand his trench, strike after empowered strike blasting the crater-turned-gorge extending it forwards with his approach.

Hazelord B readies into a stance, the Alumunus and Tactical readying their weapons in sync as they roll into their landing, training them upon you. "On my mark brah!"

We're altering to the second 5 in the line and consuming the third for Surprise Attacking the enemy going for Pia. Let's try to just get rid of him out the gate - after the telestab, pursue him. Don't let him go if I have the option. Tahmuras should continue his approach with focus on the hazelords - once they're gone, we don't have any more problems. Also, heal everyone I can for the shields. And the heal.

A thunderous crash, two shotguns discharging in union, soon followed by the chatter of gunfire. Pia, took a shotgun blast to the face and is sent through the wall. The Hazelord on the other hand succeeds in dodging the blast,  and the axe Pia threw on her way out, what it does not dodge however is your teleporting strike, your position shifting the moment it vanished again bring your Regalia through its chest, gunfire streaking through where you stood mere moments ago. Still while the Tactical's rate of fire isn't the highest, the Alumunus was a bit more of problem, sweeping their barrel towards you as-

"YUKI! BEHIND YOU!"

A sharp pain pierces your side as an obsidian blade cleaves into your flank. There's a crash, Tahmuras bringing his heel down where your assailant once stood, and then the chatter of gunfire, impact, the droplets sanguine scattering though the air. Blood, your blood. It seems that you weren't the only one planning such an attack, Hazelord B teleports backwards a few feet, shifting into a warding stance. The bullets, weren't too much of a problem, Tahmuras' attack kicked up enough debris that the Alumunus didn't have a clear shot on you, the wound in your side, that's more a problem. You're fairly confident the wound itself won't be a problem, I mean, have you ever seen an anime where the main character just takes a wound and bleeds out like a bitch or something? No, and besides you can heal, like you are doing right now, what's mroe of a concern however, is that it's probably not going to help you with murdering a fool. Guess you're not a full-blown slasher villain just yet, can't shrug everything off.
With your new crater in the way and their cover blown apart, the two ranged Watchers slowly retreat backwards keeping their weapons trained towards its lip, the Alumunus making a quick glance at the combat knife on its vest.

"Yuki! Are you alright?"
"There's no use fighting the one with the paddle, we need to threaten one of the other two, hit it if it comes to their aid."

Well the obvious thing to start - nom that last 4 in the line for SALVATION OF THE GODDESS on self. Ow, ow ow ow ow. Then drop a non hyper heal on both myself and the others. After that? Not much to do without an alteration and I only have the one. They'll get in cover, which sucks, but running out with a 1 doesn't accomplish much. Pia should get out of the wall and try to join Tahmuras and Yuki, and get undazed. We'll be preparing to charge them down next turn - unless the hazeborn tries to get a cheeky hit in one of us. Then punish them if possible.

A whole lot of nothing happens. The Tactical and Alumnus retreat further down the hallway and the remaining Hazelord flickers to their side, tearing open one of the wooden barricades to give them access to the room, and cover beyond.

Pia manages to free herself and you seal your wounds, putting on a fresh shield.

Alright, no point just waiting around for something to happen. First, heals all around to apply a second layer of shield. Then, have Tahmuras do the thing he did earlier where he expands the trench - can I help with that and make it go faster? If so, do that - we're trying to close as fast we can to their position, ideally before they can get to new cover. If Pia can do so without getting shot up too badly, she should try to suppress them as best she can - or at least shoot them if they enter her field of fire. On watch for the Hazelord trying his luck teleporting in for a backstab on anybody - if he does, make him realize what a mistake it was, violently.
(The idea is mostly that rushing forward is still going to get us shot up a lot by them. Earlier, it was said that Tahmuras couldn't approach their position directly and it was still the two of them then, and I don't think that's changed much. The shields would help but we'd still get shot up too badly.
I wouldn't be offended if the NPCs had suggestions mind, that might make this go faster :P)

((No dice on helping the trench expansion, Tahmuras does it through striking with explosive force whilst your regalia is more a cleaving/cutting weapon.))

"I can try, but they're probably in cover and have their weapons trained there."

"Well, then you probably shouldn't... was a stupid idea, heh. Maybe just watch for the backstaby one then, or for a chance to take a shot some other way?"

"Sure."

Tossing the scrap that was once a shotgun aside, Pia moves into position as Tahmuras continues blasting the the trench forwards, tunneling towards the enemy position, you follow his, weapon readied, and well, hey guess what? By the time y'all dug there, the assholes are already behind cover with their weapons trained on the entryway. Which as it turns out does fuck all for them seeing as thanks to your trench the downward aiming angle is so damn awkward they're stuck blind firing, which while grazing you two a bit, doesn't really achieve much.

Now, all that seperates them and certain death is a metallic barrier and the distance upwards. The Hazelord enters a stance and darkness pulses outward from the Alumunus' wounded form once more.

Alteration to 5. We're gonna be trying to finish this ASAP rather than spending four turns in a trench. Heal for Heavenly Aegis++, then we're going to leave the trench,  Tahmuras in front since he does more damage the more hurt he is and he's less hurt than Yuki is.  Pia should come forward so that she can't get shanked as easily. Tahmuras should try to break the barrier and charge through it along with Yuki - go for the Alumnus, but if the chance presents itself the Hazelord's got to go. Once the Tactical and Alumnus are focused on Tahmuras and Yuki, if they do, she should take some shots at the Tactical. Same orders for switching targets on her.

Darkness consumes the world as you heal and shield, in the moments before the shadows close in you see Tahmuras lunge forwards bringing his fist against the barrier, you see the Hazelord lunge towards him bringing its blade down like a guillotine, and you see Pia sprint fowards opening fire. Gunfire tears through the air as you leap forwards, there's something that sounds like an explosion, Tahmuras is roaring, Pia gasps in pain, your chainsaw revs. You can't see a damn thing, sound and fury reverberating in your ears, seemingly coming from every direction, and perhaps it was. You don't know where they are, but they couldn't have run far, you charge forwards, blade screeching against the floor, sparks flying behind you as leap forwards and swing. You think you hit something, hopefully it wasn't Tahmuras.

Eventually, after what seems like an eternity, the darkness clears, it's hard to tell what happened but well, they're all dead, the Alumunus, the Tactical, the Hazelord.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:44:38 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 285