Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211378 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #1215 on: October 24, 2017, 07:59:50 pm »

Well, that wasn't unexpected. Shef pushed the dealer behind him into a portal in the wall. Hopefully they weren't at the outer wall of the building. If the man screamed, that would be the sign that Shef took to remove his attention from the Storm Minds to keep the guy alive. However, for now he flipped the safety off his gun, and opened fire through the wall at the assailants. The caliber was large enough that as long as the walls weren't made of steel or something, they'd barely lose any energy going through the wall.

Shef uses Rapid Fire on the Storm Minds.
[5] 4 5 6 5 1 4 4 3 6
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 24, 2017, 08:01:17 pm »

Yoake smiles.

"Now the real fun starts!"

Stepping behind Shef and Kimura to face the constructs entering their current room. Unless Shef tells her to do otherwise, she launches into a Vacuum Butt Cannon, aiming to not only lash the constructs away with the wind, but also to fling the bullets away from them.

[(5) 1 2 6 6 5 6 6 5 6]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 24, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »

Shef and Yoake
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: The Pretender]

Shef spins around and begins unloading through the wall, his barrage soon answered by three streams of bullets spraying towards his general position, which in addition to not striking him also allows him to adjust his aim to hit them right at the source. With another crash, Units 22 and 23 crash straight through their wall, weapons readied. Well their weapons may be readied but they sure as hell weren't ready, not for the ass heading straight their way.

The vacuum butt cannon strikes 23 dead-on, catching them mid-dash, their gatling-turned-battering ram was in the way, enough to soak some of the impact, but considering what the impact was, it wasn't enough. Hurled backwards amidst a spray of ablative plating there's a crash and scream as it's hurled all the way through the wall and into someone's living room. 22 was luckier, they were only hit by the shockwave and slammed to the side, damaged and off-balance.

The 20 and 24 burst through what remains of the wall like a pair of murderous gun-toting kool-aid men. They're looking a bit worse for wear,  their frontal armor blasted and shattered, though still holding for now. They immediately open on fire on Yoake, seeking to keep a bit of distance while still remaining up close and using their dashes to dodge rather than close in in an uncharacteristic display of caution.

22 rolls away and dashes towards Shef aiming to do a similar routine, while 23 gets back up and starts dashing back towards the fray.

Unit 21 is nowhere in sight.

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 24, 2017, 08:54:50 pm »

"What must parties be like for you," Shef wondered momentarily. It was only a fleeting thought though. "Come on!" he shouted, before stepping back into the portal through which he had shoved Hiroki. Noting that Yoake had a few of the Storm Minds focusing her, Shef popped another clip into his pistol, before spraying the area with lead to give Yoake a bit of cover for their retreat.

Shef does the same thing again! If you've got a 5 and a 4, why not?
[5] 6 5 1 [4] 4 3 6 1 2
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1219 on: October 25, 2017, 12:32:24 am »

"I don't drink. Gotta be a good example for Kouta." She'd been tempted to drink before, but worrying about what would happen if she got caught drunk ate at her far too much for her actually do so. It's not as if she had parents to be brought home to, after all, and if they looked into that, they would find out that she'd been basically hiding Kouta away, and then they'd send both of them back to those terrible homes. . . That's not a problem any more. Stop worrying about it. "Can you give me cover as a janitor or something next time, though?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 25, 2017, 01:10:25 am »

Noriko
"R-right, sorry. We thought more facility access would be better."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 02, 2017, 05:48:45 am »

Yoake recovered briefly from her vacuum butt cannon, before rushing into the portal Shef had left her.

[Alteration used: 5 instead of 1]
[1 2 6 5 6 6 5 6 1 (5)]
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 02, 2017, 07:16:50 am »

Shef and Yoake

Bullets tear through the air, the roar of gunfire echoing, reverberating. And their impacts hard.

Right so in the moment Yoake is unable to move you both take quite a bit of fire, say what you want about the Storm Minds' accuracy, but when they hit, they hit hard. Though to his credit, Shef hits even harder, rounds tearing into Unit 23, tearing through Unit 23, halting its charge and leaving it barely functioning. 20 and 24 fare better, their haphazard dashes making it hard to hit them consistently even with lock-on, and 22 is a whole other asshole entirely, their quick dashes letting them quickly get outside Shef's cone of fire and right up in his grill with a bit of close range suppressive fire.

Yoake after eating the opening portion of the deluge is able to get the hell outta dodge diving through the portal and finding a screaming Kimura getting assailed by Unit 21 which is currently crashing through the damn wall at him, its armor liquifying and gathering at its front, shuddering in preparation for some sort of directed blast. Which, wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that an absurdly long blade of burning twilight is simultaneously half-burning half-exploding open the room from the outside. If you had to hazard a guess, it'd be that the other three Storm Minds are here and they're pissed.

Shef follows in after her also looking a bit worse for wear, unfortunately, 22 is hot on his heels, the barrels of its weapon wreathing themselves with dark energies and spinning faster, that screeching whir soon to be followed by a spray of fire, not so much aimed at anyone in particular, so much as just spraying at the three of you and everything you stand for. 20 and 24 follow on either side of it, continuing with the new "dash haphazardly and fire" tactic, 20 aiming at Shef, 24 at Yoake.

"Hang in there! We're getting you fire support right now."
"You're not going to like it, Shef."

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:19:12 am by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1223 on: November 02, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »

"It's alright, it's not like you could have known something this ridiculous was going to happen." Or that I was going to do something so ridiculous to solve it. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:21 pm »

"What do you mean. I'm kind of in a situation here, as you well know, so now's not the time to be vague." Shef muttered.

Shef will cast a larger than usual portal (using resolve and Hey, Look over there!) to teleport both Yoake and Kumura away from harm preferably into the next room. Meanwhile, he'll simply stay back and brace for impact.

[6] 5 1 4 [3] 6 1 2 2 2

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 08, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »

Yoake felt utterly exhausted. She just wanted a fun day out. Why does she have to be so hard to please.

At any rate, she simply huddles on the ground, ready to be portalled away by Shef, and probably holding Kimura to keep him safe.

[(1) 2 6 5 6 6 5 6 1 6]
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 08, 2017, 07:59:20 pm »

Shef and Yoake

A new voice enters the comms.

"T-This is Hanako Yamasaki r-reporting for duty! J-just gimme some time to set up!"

Well, hey at least you know she's trustworthy now. Well, for some measure of trustworthy, seeing as she's left her comms on and you can now hear her panickedly fumbling with, something or other.

So Shef opens up the portal and drops Yoake and Kimura into the next room, good thing too 'cause 21's armor basically just explodes outwards like a roided up claymore mine, crystalline shards of its armor tearing right through where the guy was a split second ago. Some of it even goes through the portal, though failing to harm their target. Physically at least, the guy might not be sleeping for a while though.

And then Shef gets shot. At lot. Like, there's three Storm Minds shooting at him, one of them with a greatly increased rate of fire. Holding his exoskeleton in front of him, digging his heels in, he does manage to hold for a while, but in the end, the sheer rate of fire sweeps him off his feet and hurls him through the wall right next to Yoake.

Another blade of energy begins tearing through the outward wall while the melee units... do nothing? Okay yeah, 20 and 24 are firing, but it's more a suppressive fire sorta deal, and the other two are kinda just, standing there behind them, readying to dodge.

"D-done! What do I do?"

Spoiler: Support Skills (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:10:36 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 08, 2017, 09:06:57 pm »

Shef groaned as he slammed into the wall, vision swimming, glasses cracked. He slowly pulled himself up, coughing into the comms, in what would have been incredibly scathing had Shef been in a better state."So you took the supposedly dead woman whose head I punched through, and who doesn't really seem to know she's doing, and made her our back up. Gee, you two really do care about me!"

"Just take some shots. The melee units. They're planning something."

Shef will use Rapid Fire on the Storm Minds, though a bit focused on 20 and 24.
[5] 1 4 6 1 2 2 2 3 [4]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:06:24 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 08, 2017, 10:00:31 pm »

Shef
"Wonderful isn't it? No, she got caught up in something this morning, had to run an emergency supply op for her oh five minutes ago. What are the odds? Wouldn't be buying any lottery tickets if I were you."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:04:47 pm by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 25, 2017, 05:47:21 am »

Yoake grunts. Things... weren't looking great, and now Shef was talking to some other person? Who knew what was going on.

At any rate, Yoake hops up, and dashes over towards the Storm Minds, sliding underneath them and moving into an upward butt strike on Storm Mind 21.

[Alteration Used: 5 instead of 2]
[2 6 5 6 6 [5] 6 1 6 6]
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 285