Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210055 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Attack of the Laser Moths
« Reply #2010 on: June 14, 2018, 08:54:57 pm »

As they entered, world warping into being around them, Shef's first realization was that the drones he'd brought wouldn't be useful for a while. The second realization was that this whole assault would be long, long and tiring.

Moth creatures, orbital bombardment, missiles, and artillery, seemingly in that order. The crossing would be tedious, so without hesitation, Shef replied. "Probably a good idea. Appreciate it." He'd probably also be serving extra duty as a deterrent for the missiles, but he didn't mind that much.

"Any problems with me using portals to keep things unpredictable, give us a small amount of extra distance?"

Join Satoshi. Assist forward mobility and add some unpredictability to location with Room to Breathe once they've started to move. Donate 1 resolve to Noriko
[3] 3 5 [4] 6 4 3 4 1 5
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:39:10 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 14, 2018, 09:00:28 pm »

"None. Hey Yoake, how fast can that thing go?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 14, 2018, 09:31:53 pm »

Heh. Yoake grinned. This... This was going to be entertaining.

"Heh, how fast? Fast as me, plus a bit. Oh, and then some." She brandishes the arcane nitrous injector.

She then addresses everyone in the group. "Let me know when you want me to use my Requiem. I got these potions to make it better, and it might help with that artillery. I'm gonna head straight for the target."

Yoake then stabs the nitrous into her mech, before rushing forwards at a blazing fast speed. Her primary goal is to make it as close as she can get to the target, while still keeping an eye out for enemy attacks and dodging if necessary.

[Alteration used: 4 instead of 5]
[5 4 6 3 5 4 5 4 6 5]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:51:04 pm by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 14, 2018, 09:34:03 pm »

"I think we can do better~ Shef, hold on!"

Satoshi leaps onto Yoake's mech, the thrusters beginning to shift and expand as she grabs hold, readying her own spirit energy injector.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2014 on: June 15, 2018, 06:45:46 am »

"Got a plan, Minato?" This world was grim. The amount of technicolor lasers flying about only made it more strange and foreboding, rather than diminishing it with absurdity, to Noriko's eyes anyway. In a way, she liked this better than the more silly-looking things; at the very least, she wouldn't feel mostly alone in being weirded out rather than just rolling with it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 15, 2018, 12:03:56 pm »

Minato carefully examines the area around the group, getting used to the feel of the exosuit for the moment. The suit was a tight fit on the Gaia Armor, probably to help movement. Still, he figured he could get used to it. As for the Sanctuary....

This was going to be a little difficult. Not that Minato was ever afraid of a challenge. At least, a challenge of this kind.

"Guys, we're going to need to get to the horizon and disable it somehow. That's where the power source is. That's where it's all coming from. If we can shut it down, we shut the whole operation down. Until that's done, the artillery, the constructs- they'll keep coming. Shef and Yoake are going to be doing their own thing, apparently, so I suppose we'll just have to go along with it for now. Noriko, can you get us all close enough? If you can speed us all up, I can provide cover, as much as I can."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2016 on: June 15, 2018, 12:33:47 pm »

"Everyone? No. I can get you and myself close, everyone else is going to have to figure it out."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 16, 2018, 10:34:10 pm »

Faith had already been a really terrible, unsettled mood when she was transported to the planet, and the fact that this was some sort of... hellish, barren death world with all sorts of missiles, and pounding artillery and, uh, moths shooting rainbow lasers, reeeally didn't do a whole lot to help with that. Faith sighed, and then took a nervous couple of glances at the mountains that apparently had things firing at them. Then she looked all the way over at the horizon, frowning.
"Uhm... I can normally move pretty fast, but I don't have any way to move THAT fast... and, uh, I don't really wanna be standing here when that artillery comes down..."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 17, 2018, 06:19:01 am »

Yuki blinked. Looking around, making a 'hmmm' sound. Then snapped. "What if Noriko carries Minato, who's carrying me, who's carrying Faith? Then we can all go fast and Faith can make the enemy explode when we get close enough without us having to slow down! That'd be really cool to see."

Burn 1.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:01:53 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 18, 2018, 08:52:59 am »

"Alright, this'll be a bumpy ride. Hold on tight, ladies."
Minato extends his weapons, scooping up Faith and Yuki and positioning them as close to him as possible, hopefully protected by the other weapons he had plus his own mass. He hoped he was holding them as tight as he could.
"Noriko, do your thing. Can't let Yoake have all the fun, right?"
Burn the first 1 in the line, use the 4. Carry Faith and Yuki and let Noriko drag Minato wherever.
[1 4 5 4 1 3 5 5 4 2]

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2020 on: June 18, 2018, 11:42:30 am »

Noriko nodded, moving forward with Minato in tow. She kept them separated by a fair distance, so that a hit on one of them wouldn't cause the other any damage. Those missiles were going to be an issue, but the main priority was moving out of the incoming fire.

Burn a 1. Move forward, dodge artillery fire, try to intercept missiles that get too close with spear. Also use a point of Resolve to go FAST
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:42:12 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 19, 2018, 01:35:07 am »

Despite it all, an incredulous thought popped into Faith's head. Despite the fact that it was made of weapons (thankfully, not ones she was worried would chop her in half or something), and therefore kinda jointed, but the way they were all splayed out, wrapping around her and Yuki, and singular lines of weapons was something she found kinda unmistakable. "Minato!" she shouted, mostly just to be heard over the rushing of the wind as they were carried (ohhhh this was actually really scary), "Did you get the ability to do this from that book?!"

Of course, she wasn't putting ALL her attention on that. Faith was scanning the area around them. Honestly, the only scary part was hurtling through the air -- she didn't really feel THAT threatened by the artillery since she was, well, hurtling through the air, and the missiles wouldn't target her or Yuki or Minato. They might be a problem for Noriko, though, and aside from the fact that Noriko would probably drop them if hit by a bunch of missiles, Faith didn't in fact want her teammate to get hit by a bunch of missiles. She also felt that rather than literally just hang there and do nothing she should try to help out a bit, though she wasn't quite willing to use one of her more explosive beams, considering her position. So she was gonna toss some of her weak magic. She wanted it to hit before the missiles got close enough to detonate anyway and hurt Noriko, so she was gonna really have to try to estimate on the leading here...

Faith does her best to fling her non-hyper magic at the missiles going for Noriko, leading them so that they actually hit the damn things!
World Line: 6 5 5 5 4 3 6 6 4 6

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 19, 2018, 02:58:46 am »

"Actually, I've had this ability since we took down Heaven's Draft! The book just taught me how to do it without blasting an entire leyline into my body!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 20, 2018, 02:19:45 am »

コンバット•スタート!
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: アモリタチテカミトミユ]

Yoake's thrusters expand, rockets enlarging as they sprout plating and air-intakes. She pushes down the injector and hits the throttle. Blazing blue, the mech lurches and hurtles forwards screeching across the ground at speeds that really anything looking like it has no damn right to even approach. Situated above, somewhere between the cockpit and nine tails of flame Shef observes the situation. Yoake's natural agility is more than enough to avoid the beams, indeed they seem to have rather poor tracking once fired, the rapiers on the other hand, those are a little more troublesome. They're dense, they're maneuverable, not fast enough to keep up normally, but barrelling right into them is not going to be pleasant. As the cloud converges he opens a portal, the mech vanishing. The swarm turns, sharply too, but it's too late, through the series of portals, Yoake tears straight though.

Noriko follows. Riding upon divine winds, she was a bit further up, and with swarm having just been distracted by Yoake, and with Faith running point defense, she quickly passes too. Behind her, the moths make one final parting shot, beams grazing her and her payload, blasts tracing their paths upon the ground, but none managing to hit. The halos shrink, and the moths wither to mere shadows. The missiles halt their pursuit, crashing into the ground.

Shells begin whistling down. Shrapnel and white phosphorus saturating the air, the deathly pandemonium of industrialized warfare crashing down with thundering fury, menacing the barren land well behind Noriko. Looks like they've underestimated your speed. No doubt they've adjusted, next barrage has fired. It's not here yet, won't be here for a while longer, but that, that is sure to hit, unless you change your velocity.

They had wanted a war of attrition. A protracted grinding war. You have not given them one. From the trenches ahead emerge more missiles, but in their midst are not moths, but rather soldiers. Storm Minds. Something like them at least. Lightly armored in ablative plating with great jousting lances in their talons, holding steady in the air. They are a fair distance off, a fair distant that you will all cross in an instant. They will charge forwards amidst a cloud of missiles, rushing forwards at just the last moment to try and skewer you, slow you, halt you.

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventories (click to follow link)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:06:45 am by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 20, 2018, 02:33:41 am »

Yoake thinks for a moment, still speeding on.

She looks towards Satoshi, if she can manage it. "Hey, this might get a little bumpy so, hold on tight!"

Yoake then performs a forward roll with the mech, before using it's hydraulic legs to boost it into the air, combined with gunfire from the mech's butt. The thrusters are aimed to get her higher as well.

[Burnt 2]
[5 4 6 3 5 4 5 6 5 2]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 285