Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211290 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2017, 09:21:04 pm »

Shef made a few decisive turns through the halls, passing by the distributors of various merchandise. Eventually, he lead those following him through an inconspicuous doorway. Beyond was a flight of stairs, and after ascending, Shef lead the way to the rooms which he believed that Enn and Winter would be occupying.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:20 pm »

The door closes behind you. At the top of the stairway is a welcome mat and a shoe rack.

The entire top floor is the safehouse, the stores stripped and refurnished with an almost cozy, homely feel. The only plants here are in the pots rather than erupting from the floor or climbing the walls, in there place are things more distinctively electronic. Cameras, sensors, and projectors, soft lights emanating from each to show that they're still on.

Two figures flicker into view, projected from the ceiling-mounted array. One is dressed in casual clothing, her pale blue hair done up in a ponytail, the other is clad in a suit complete with stylish sunglasses, her golden locks cut short.

The latter speaks first, her voice leveled and professional "Welcome you must have many questions and we'll try to answer them, but first, what do you know so far?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2017, 11:23:37 pm »

"Not much," Noriko admitted.  "We're something called Awakened, magic is real and so are demons."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2017, 11:43:51 pm »

"Uhh, yeah, that and the fact that there are apparently these magical item kinda things called Regalia."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2017, 12:15:38 am »

"I see..."

She nods and symbol apparates, a diamond like the ones you'd find on a playing card. A label appears above it, Shard. "Awakened are just beings who possess Shards, they're things that let you use the supernatural powers."

A dotted line traces beneath the diamond, faint line pointing down from it, labeling what lies beneath as Awakened. A more solid arrow labeled Enters an object traces across the line over to a stick figure labeled Mononoke. "When a Shard enters an object, it Awakens them, turning them into Mononoke. If it didn't have a soul already, it gains one to store its Shard. Though the term's a bit outdated since everyone here is actually one."

A smaller arrow traces from the stick figure to a second stick figure labeled Godslayer. "You're just a special case, you're called Godslayers.

Another arrow appears from the diamond, this one labeled Corrupts into, this too crosses the line, pointing over to a generic ghost symbol labeled Aramitama. "Some Shards are stained, corrupted. They gain souls of their own becoming Aramitama, False Gods. They're the things you're meant to kill. They devour souls to try and gain enough power and end the world as an Avatar of Ruin."

Another arrow appears tracing over to a large warning sign, one which quickly spouts smaller signs around it and the label of Avatar of Ruin. "In the meantime they try to consolidate their position and become harder to kill by-"

"Names."
"w-What?"
"You never asked them for their names. Or given Minato time to gloat."

She nods to the newcomers "We're not in much of a hurry, and they-" she gestures at Minato, Shef and Yoake "can fill you in on the details. So let's get introductions out of the way first, shall we?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2017, 03:53:45 am »

Yoake simply follows along loyally, as she always does. She doesn't care much for the house, aside from that cool pool in front.

It makes Keijo practice so much easier!

But now she should probably listen to this dang spiel again, with all the "Shard" business. Boring.

"Boooooriiiiiing. I don't wanna have to teach people boring dumb history lessons."  Yoake yawns exaggeratedly, to prove her point.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2017, 04:04:45 am »

"I've said most of the general information anyway, save for the organizations here. Would you rather tell me about what happened then?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2017, 04:12:57 am »

"These three girls Awakened, we got out, the Mononoke attacked, we kill 'em. Well, there was also an Aramitama, but he ran. Pretty routine extraction, I'd say."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2017, 04:29:48 am »

"Got a description of the Aramitama?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2017, 06:28:59 am »

"A description? It was clad in a ragged black cloak, keeping most of the rest of its appearance shrouded in darkness. It carried an old-fashioned revolver. I didn't notice anything else, save that it fled when it could have easily continued to attack as Minato mentioned."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:35:16 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2017, 06:42:39 am »

At the mention of introductions, Yuki stands straight. It may be of note to Enn and Winter that she (and likely Noriko?) is still in a maid outfit. And may or may not still have the chainsaw. "My name is Yuki Tatsumaki! Student, part-time maid/waitress, apparently now part-time Godslayer! Nice to meet the both of you!" she loudly declares, before bowing. Ahhhh this was so cool! Hologram people! Or were they normal people who were somewhere else? Pay no attention to the cute girls behind the curtain. Or maybe something else? Super-secret government AIs? Literal magic? Maybe they were Aramitama who had gained true sentience beyond MURDER DEATH KILL and were repenting for what they had done before that?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2017, 07:23:11 am »

Winter pauses for a moment, blinking "Minato's talked about you a bit. I'm Winter and this is Enn. We've got longer names but no one calls us by those; think of us as the support staff here, or as your assistants yeah lucky you. And yes, we're AIs. Yes 'strong' ones exist. No, we are not three laws compliant. No, I don't care what Asimov wrote. And yes we are Mononoke as well."

"Nothing's coming up on our watch list, I'll have to look through the incident reports." After the briefest of moments her expression shifts to a quizzical one "How did it flee? Did it do anything odd?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2017, 07:37:45 am »

"It had its gun trained on me, lowered it, and disappeared in a cloud of smoke. That's all."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2017, 11:15:18 am »

"Uh, whoa, AIs are real too? Wow, what isn't real...? Oh, and my name is Faith Tatsumaki! I'm actually Yuki's half-sister. And also American, hehe."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2017, 11:53:10 am »

"We've sadly yet to discover the Loch Ness Monster, though we're looking."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 285