Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211134 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Back to the Landfill
« Reply #2145 on: August 22, 2018, 10:44:25 am »

Things occurred, most recent mission. I want clothing bullets. Useable on allies and enemies, protection for the former, binding of some form for the latter.
If Shef noted any sense of disappointment, he dismissed it quickly. There was very little to indicate such a feeling, so it made no sense to put stock in it as anything more than imagined on his part.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:38:16 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 22, 2018, 01:03:43 pm »

<.....clothing bullets? Explain.>

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 22, 2018, 01:11:58 pm »

What needed to be explained? It was a fairly simple concept wasn't it? Shef pondered a moment where the confusion could lie.
Want to be able to quickly enchant a bullet, shoot it, and a layer of cloth or something effectively similar grow from the point of contact to cover a target. Best way would be to be able to layer them, maybe some control over thickness. More layers for things that need to be immobilized or protected, fewer for traumatized allies who just need something on them. That's been happening a bit too much.

<If this is not feasible, I'm open to suggestions.>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:01:02 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 23, 2018, 09:21:57 am »

<They're doable, but I'd need to make them to order every time you want them. The material and enchantment necessary wouldn't exactly be easy to replicate unless you've got a full lab equipped for it. I'm not making just random bullets; this same sort of technology is how Minato's armor works, as well as that mech suit I made him, and those generators his girlfriend has.>

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 23, 2018, 10:31:56 am »

Irritating. He'd much rather develop new techniques than have to work with limited supplies, both in this and in other pursuits. But, he didn't really have a choice here. Didn't know any way to do it himself, or anyone else to talk to. Rather, he didn't know anyone likely to have a solution. There were plenty of people he could ask with just a sliver of a chance of them knowing something, but that would take a while and still was unlikely to bear fruit.
Fine. What am I looking at in terms of effect? Price? Likely amount per batch? Anything needing to be done on my end?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:00:42 pm by Strider03 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: August 23, 2018, 10:42:42 am »

<Well, I can give you what you ask. The cloth isn't going to be too strong, it isn't exactly Kevlar, but it'll hold something for a bit. If I can rig my stuff right, I can get you, say, four clips, that'll take me about a week to make. As for price? Well, I'd ask for a date, but as you'll probably end up using most of them on Faith anyway- the poor girl-, I'll do them for you pro bono.>

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 23, 2018, 11:05:47 am »

That strength is fine, you seem to get the picture.
He sent the message off, then stood up, and headed over to the window. He shouldn't have been surprised, but it brought his concerns to the forefront of his mind again. He stood motionless for nearly five minutes before heading back over to his phone, and sending another message.

No date. But we need to talk at some point, in person. Figure out a time and a place, within a week preferably.
Better to confirm or deny his suspicions sooner rather than later. More time to deal with them if confirmed, less time spent worrying if denied.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:00:23 pm by Strider03 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: August 23, 2018, 03:24:10 pm »

<That'll be a little hard. Maybe the maid cafe. I've still got some stuff I need to work on and all.>

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 23, 2018, 03:37:09 pm »

The maid cafe, why did everyone and everything seem to revolve around it. No, that wouldn't work anyway. He didn't care much to have the teammates employed there see him with Tsukasa, especially not when what he intended was a little closer to an interrogation than befitted such a public space. No, if this was the option, then he'd wait for a different opportunity.
Already said no to a date. Forget it, will figure something out another time.
Shef turned the phone off, set it to charge, and headed off to sleep.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:59:54 pm by Strider03 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 24, 2018, 11:08:16 am »

Well, Faith didn't like this one bit. She wasn't blind but it turned out that flashbangs were REALLY LOUD, FUCK, OW. She also realized that the girl she had just guarded with dust was Sakurako -- her classmate, the one the Aramitama had tried to kill... not all that long ago. This stuff just kept bleeding more and more into the rest of Faith's life and it unnerved her, not helped by the fact that she was already miserable in the first place. Damn... she didn't have time to mope around, though, did she? She moved to click her comm on, and then "MINATO," Faith shouted loudly (volume increased on account of the FLASHBANG) "GET HER OUT OF HERE!"

Faith then darted out of the smoke as fast as she could, trying to get a visual lock on the location of those snipers, then waving her hands in their direction and channeling all of her shame and humiliation and current trauma to just get them to fuck off already! Or, at least, to get them to stop being able to look and fire in their direction, but that was good enough. Then she'd try to move away, hide behind Minato, and NOT get horribly messed up by everything else present. Today had been traumatizing enough, after all. She just wanted to go home, curl into a ball, and stop existing for a while.

Faith activates her comm, darts out of the cloud of dust, tries to use Don't Look At Me! on the Snipe Hunters, and then further tries to hide behind Minato once he leaves the cloud of dust. As for her worldine, she rerolls it and I'll figure out the specifics when I get home from work.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 24, 2018, 11:47:32 am »

Loud ringing in his ears. Nothing Minato wasn't used to yet. Long as the bullets hadn't hit him or the girl, it was all good. Speaking of which, he remembered the potions he was carrying; still useful, if only not for him. Quickly using one on her, he protects her as long as necessary, before getting the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible. He was a little dizzy, a little rung-out. Again, nothing he wasn't used to, but he wasn't panicking. Long as he had something to fight back with, he could figure something out.

Now for the hard part. The figuring out.

He needed more weapons, more time to plan, more room. These bastards weren't giving him much. At least Faith was here to back him, something he was grateful for; even as tough as Minato was, it wasn't exactly easy protecting an already wounded target from a pack of wolves. Now, he needed to do his part with what he had; Rho Aias and a single floating blade, its golden lines winking into existence at the corner of his eye. It wasn't much; he wished he had time to summon something like the Luin, at least without leaving his current charge unprotected. It would've been nice to have that thing take care of them for him, but then again it would also have been nice to just rest for a moment after today's events.

Oh well. A hero's job was never over.

Burn the 1. Administer healing potion to Sakurako, and use Rho Aias to shield Minato and Sakurako from attack. Use the single stockpiled weapon to blast both of them out of the way of the shots above and backwards. Position Minato between Sakurako, Faith and the attackers so any shots will impact Rho Aias first, then Minato, before they hit either of the girls.
[1 3 3 2 6 4 6 1 1 3]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 24, 2018, 08:52:18 pm »

Faith and Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Sis Puella Magica]

So Faith comes diving out the plume cursing the two marksman above with blinding clouds. As she lands she identifies the source of the energy plane - a disc-shaped drone built around a magic circle. It's floating next to Neophyte B, scanning through the debris. Minato and Sakurako's positions have been compromised. Also there's a rod jammed into the ground next to Neophyte A, a rod which is now crackling with energy and spawning orbs of energy around itself.

So here's what happens next, bolts of energy rain down from the circle in the sky. Those slam against Rho Aias. At the same time however, Neophyte A fires on Faith while B and Clight Minato up. D kinda just stands there staring off into space.

Faith, manages to dodge fairly well, throwing her out the way of the burst fire. Still her foe proves to be rather accurate, she doubts she can keep this up. She needs to get begun cover or kill these bastards, the sooner the better.

Minato manages to heal Sakurako at least, some of the girl's wounds closing as he fills her insides with his life-giving fluids. Rho Aias starts to crack, but it's not getting broken fast enough, and with the marksman out of play for now the boy manages to avoid taking a hit. The pressure wasn't too good though, so he blows the blade, another almost immediately taking its place as he launches backwards out of the circle's killzone with Sakurako in tow.

He then takes a spray of bolts to the spine and is sent staggering forwards. D is standing behind him now wearing some sort of weird combat harness. They're jabbing themselves with an autoinjector and judging by the fact that they're beginning to sprout six wings and a halo and beginning to be blinding to even look at, this ain't the kind of transformation you wanna just let happen. Trouble is, they're still firing with their free hand and keeping their distance.

So the Sniper Hunters fall back behind cover, A continues firing on Faith as their drone fizzles and fades, B continues putting pressure on Minato's front, and C turns out to see who's tapping them on the shoulder.

It was a magical girl. Looked to be in her late teens to early twenties, short crimson hair with matching eyes, athletic build, clad in an elegant white outfit trimmed with a touch of blue. Her fist was currently connecting with their face, the force of the blow shattering their visor and sending them reeling, as they turn to aim they find that their assailant has already closed the gap again and is now jamming a switchblade into their wrist. They drop the gun and the girl conjures her staff, the upward stab priming her arm perfectly to come right back down, the stuff claiming a kneecap with its heart-shaped tip.
"<You came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker!>"

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventories (click to follow link)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:31:41 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2157 on: August 24, 2018, 10:13:53 pm »

That might help, actually.

At least there was something to be done about that. What had already happened was maddening, though. Everything was so strange, and it was stressing her out. Not to mention the worry about Kouta. . . He was supposed to be home soon. If he wasn't, she could probably go looking for him. That was the worst thing; everything was so silly, but there was so much that was lethally dangerous despite being utterly absurd. The fusion of Hitler and Josef Stalin miming techniques from anime was ridiculous, but the fact that he had still almost killed someone was alarming. She felt like anyone could be swept up at any time, just attacked on the streets. . . but that wasn't something she needed to worry about, right?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:52:31 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 24, 2018, 10:49:25 pm »

Quote from: Ren
When are you free?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2159 on: August 24, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »

Just have to make sure my little brother gets home safe, then I'll be available. Later than today, after my shift.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 285