Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210222 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Assorted Acts of Random Violence
« Reply #2235 on: September 01, 2018, 09:48:28 am »

Yuki
Judging by the sound and sensation, you actually did just break his arm. He glares at you, though all he has to say is "Very well. If you ever lose your need for her, contact me. I always have a use for empty vessels." And with that he vanishes. Guess you're not the only one who can teleport.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 01, 2018, 10:36:20 am »

"I-I don't care about the carpet!" Shef said agitatedly.

"Please, just tell--next time ask before going to sleep on my couch? I didn't say you could stay here! And how'd you fall asleep so fast? And--why. . ." He caught himself. He was actually panicking a bit. This person, who'd just wandered in seemed to want to take over his apartment, didn't seem to care for even a show of common courtesies, and he had no way of dealing with her. Talking was not working, violence wouldn't be effective, she was too powerful for that, and threats wouldn't work unless he had some more information on what she would and wouldn't care about.

He took a deep breath, then started again. "Look. Can you just. . . ask next time, and explain yourself? It's. . . fine, I guess if you need to sleep on the couch, but just ask first, please. And, well, I'm guessing you don't want to stay in a hotel or rent your own room? Ugghh, point is, I need to know the logistics of this. Please."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 01, 2018, 06:31:59 pm »

Shef
"Sure, and it helps if you end up in a warzone. And yes please!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: September 01, 2018, 06:54:43 pm »

Faith's grimace grew as she looked at Sakurako convulsing once again. <"God..."> This was horrible, it really was, just about everything had been horrible, today and recently and Faith just-- she couldn't-- she let out a shuddering breath, and had to look away, covering her face and taking a couple of steps to just take a moment to breathe and try to avoid a panic attack. <"I really want to go home..."> She stood there for a moment and breathed for a couple more, and then she turned back around.

<"She wasn't Awakened before... but now she clearly is, otherwise she... she wouldn't be alive, so... that's going to have to be taken care of.">

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 01, 2018, 07:06:03 pm »

"Thank you." Shef muttered.

"Alright. Now, I need breakfast. If you want anything, ask. It's quite simple. After that, I need to go figure out where to go to buy a bedframe or something. And you need clothes?"

Shef shook his head, he'd gotten himself into something here, with expressing interest in this vague deal, and he wasn't sure what that something was.

"So, in order. First do you have money? Second, do you have even one pair of clothes that will suffice for you to go shopping in? Third, can you find your way around on your own?" While speaking, Shef headed into the connected kitchen, to start preparing a small breakfast for himself. She probably could just go shopping in what she was wearing, no mundane people would see anything supernatural, but who knew whether the perception of the robe would be different at all.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:35:53 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: September 02, 2018, 06:07:38 am »

Shef
"Yes, yes, and I'll manage. Are there any supplies you need?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: September 02, 2018, 06:35:13 am »

"No. Don't think so. . ." Shef decided that he'd figure out the bed stuff later. He could see if any places would deliver it, since carrying a bedframe through the city via public transportation seemed bothersome. He could always order something online, maybe see if Winter and Enn could provide? Eh, he'd figure something out. No need to make the angel do his shopping.

"Yeah, no. I don't need anything.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: September 02, 2018, 06:58:06 am »

Shef
"See you around."
And with that, she leaves.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: September 02, 2018, 07:10:36 am »

"Thank god." Shef mumbled once Leone had been gone for about a minute. He pulled out his phone, and sent of a text to Rosario.

Sorry for not replying stat, something came up. Will take the job, contact the AI, etc. Can probably find help, if not, can probably just hire someone through the AI if absolutely necessary. Btw, can you tell me anything about angels in the awakened community?

Shef also grabbed his comm piece, to speak with the AI. "Rosario says I've got a possible job, and to talk to you two about the details. And, uh, besides that, do you have any info you can give about angels? Had one, or something looking like and claiming to be one, show up."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 02, 2018, 07:48:21 am »

Shef
"Got anything more specific? What did it look like?"

Quote from: Rosario
They represent the interests of Heaven, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. Far as I know, they're here to try and keep humanity going, though the specifics seem to just be up to them. You're better off asking Wynn or a Templar.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 02, 2018, 07:53:14 am »

Thanks man, will do. You free/willing to do a bit more training later this week?

"Appeared around seven this morning. White robe, wings, brown hair and eyes. Claimed to be some form of guardian angel. Highly regenerative, healed within seconds from multiple decent power gunshots. Currently heading out to buy some clothes."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 02, 2018, 08:00:16 am »

Shef
"That's, not impossible, though I have no idea what business it'd have protecting you. Well unless it's bored or something."

I might, got a time in mind?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 02, 2018, 08:05:40 am »

Free Wednesday or Thursday evening? 8 to 9 or 10?

"Claimed to have interest in keeping me here, getting the mob off my tail or something. Something about a crossroads coming up too. Got any advice or intel? I'm pretty much in the dark here."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 02, 2018, 08:12:48 am »

Shef
"Sounds like they have a precognitive uplink. You'll have to ask them about what they're talking about."
"Is everything alright? We picked up its deployment signature in your apartment..."

I can do the Wednesday
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:22:54 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 02, 2018, 08:18:27 am »

"How do you mean? Not injured or anything. Far as intel, I meant regarding the nature of angels or whatever, and what to watch out for, traps, trickery, etc."

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 285