Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208113 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2017, 04:31:25 pm »

"A cloud of smoke? Hmm, could be an Anomaly..."

Winter turns to Faith "Functional forms of communism, a cure for idiocy, and human decency to name a few."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:34:52 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2017, 04:58:46 pm »

Noriko snorts a bit. "At least you're optimistic.

So, what, it's our job to hunt these things now or something? That Aramitama didn't seem to be on board with the whole idea of dying when it's killed."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »

"Ideally, we hunt it, then hit it until it dies.

However, occasionally, we might need a little help. We'll be checking in on a few contacts, see what they know."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2017, 05:01:38 pm »

"An anomaly? Is it unprecedented? Or, does "Anomaly" have a somewhat specific meaning in this scenario?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:08 pm »

"Many try not to be found and keep a low profile. They can generate spaces like the one we're in and drag victims into them, and they can create Anomalies - alterations to the world that give them certain advantages that we may need to remove to even hope to slay them. Being able to disappear like that could be the effects of one."

"We won't force you to, but if you're signing up, then yeah, that's the gist of it."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »

"How does one go about 'removing' these Anomalies? I'm guessing it's not as simple as 'shoot at it more'" Shef settled down on the couch as he spoke, adjusting himself until he was in a suitably comfortable position.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2017, 07:18:56 pm »

"It has a heart that sustains it. Find heart. Shoot heart. Win."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2017, 07:25:50 pm »

"You say that like it's simple. I presume it isn't. Is the heart inside the Aramitama? At some hidden location nearby? If the latter, is there a maximum distance?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »

"Distances vary on a case-by-case basis, Aramitama do not like leaving an Anomaly's area of influence. Probably somewhere easily accessible for them but where civilians won't stumble into like a fake box attached to a utility pole or hidden in a protected area in the woods. If you manage to attach a tracker or something to them, you might be able to find it if they aren't careful enough."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2017, 08:01:35 pm »

Noriko frowned. The job of demon hunting was certainly a dangerous one. She'd be endangering herself on what would probably be a near-daily basis, and to a degree that probably exceeded active duty in a military. If she got hurt or worse, there'd be no one left to look after Kouta, and the kid had been through enough already, but. . . Well, spending almost every moment of her free time working at a damned maid cafe wasn't exactly ideal, and it definitely didn't feel like she was doing much of anything that mattered. This. . . this was different.

"All right, then. I'm Fuuri Noriko, and I'll help you with your Aramitama problems. Just let me know what I need to and I'll do my best. I did have one thing to ask, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2017, 08:21:55 pm »

"Ah, so you're Noriko, enjoying your sanity?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2017, 08:25:30 pm »

"It's pretty nice, yes. . . Wait a minute, how would you know about that?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:14 pm »

"Minato was asking about your condition."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2017, 08:38:39 pm »

". . . Right." She didn't look entirely pleased with that, but whatever her thoughts were she didn't press it further. "Anyway, my question. The gaijin, um, Shef, right? mentioned something about there being rooms for people to stay in. Is there any way that someone who wasn't a Godslayer could stay there?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2017, 08:47:44 pm »

"It could be arranged, but if they aren't Awakened either, they won't understand what's happening and liable to make up a really bad explanation even if you try to explain it."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:50:40 pm by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 285