Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210765 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Broken Symmetries
« Reply #2400 on: September 28, 2018, 05:25:35 pm »

Shef
It is now evening. Léone got a couple suits, a couple dresses, and some groceries. You got a new bedframe and a request for a duel for tomorrow afternoon from a certain Jack-O'.

Faith and Minato
It is now Thursday morning. Sakurako still hasn't shown up to school yet. Go shag in a supply closet or whatever the fuck it is that anime teens do.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 28, 2018, 06:44:49 pm »

When Leone returned, Shef was idly reading something on his phone on the couch. He glanced up and nodded distractedly in her general direction as she entered, then resumed reading.

It was a request to duel. As best as he could tell, there wouldn't be any serious danger, and the duel was for testing purposes, or status or something. Either to test a person's power, or to prove it. At first he'd been leaning towards declining, but upon further consideration, he'd only be declining out of laziness or mild spite. It could be good honestly. First blood wouldn't be realistic to a real fight, but it might be some preparation for some unusual circumstances, maybe fighting something with powerful toxins that need to get into the bloodstream to take effect. Any situation really where one wouldn't want to be in contact with the enemy physically for reasons besides the likelihood of pure physical harm.

"Gonna be out tomorrow for an hour or two. Someone wants a duel or something."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 28, 2018, 07:31:44 pm »

Shef
"So you do. Have you the clothes for the occasion? First blood is oftentimes still a ruined shirt."
Léone seems to get to work washing and cutting vegetables when you hear someone ring your doorbell.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: September 28, 2018, 08:00:18 pm »

"Nothing in particular. Given that most of my battles have gone much further than first blood, pretty sure I can handle that problem myself, thank you." He could use a better method maybe, given that his current method essentially boiled down to going through rather nice clothes unusually quickly. But for now, it worked.

Shef noted the angel working in the kitchen, and opted not to comment on it. That she was making her own food was fine by him, and it would make things convenient if he didn't have to worry about providing for her. He'd make his own dinner later when she was done in the kitchen.

When the knock at the door came, Shef stood up, stretched, and headed over to open it. A small portal to see who it was, and then he'd open the door provided it was not someone threatening.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 28, 2018, 08:02:35 pm »

Shef
Non-threatening eh? What does Hanako with a couple flowers and a manilla folder holding a couple print outs count as?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 28, 2018, 08:08:31 pm »

It was Hanako. So she was done already? Shef nodded approvingly, then processed the next bit of info. Flowers. God damn it.

Open the door to let her in.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: September 28, 2018, 08:21:01 pm »

Shef
"H-h-hi! I-I know you said you didn't want f-flowers but I-I gave some to M-Mr. Koizumi too, a-and I thought it it wouldn't be fair if if left you out too... The um, report's done..."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:23:48 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 28, 2018, 08:28:21 pm »

". . .Fine. Thanks, I guess." Shef took the flowers, unsure what to do with them, and set them down on the table. To be dealt with later.

"So, uhm, just sit down for a moment, I'll give a quick skim through this, figure out where we go now. Will do a full readthrough later." He held out his hand for the papers, and stepped over to a lamp to read the report, for lack of a better word.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 28, 2018, 08:32:10 pm »

When Elly got out the door, she would find the manager had screwed off to give them privacy. So Yuki was alone in the closet with Noriko.

"...Uh... are you alright?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 28, 2018, 08:36:41 pm »

Shef
Well, the report does a full risk breakdown and whatnot, with the bottom line being basically that she's willing to take the standard level of risk for a full-time Godslayer, with the preferred manner of lowering risk, when it comes down to it, in far less certain language, to A: be stronger, and B: leave no witnesses to come back for vengence be it by stealth or by well, y'know, bloodbath. To this she is willing to invest basically all her time given that she'll be doing this gig full-time. Current goals are to not die. Specifically to be able to survive an ambush like the one that killed her... and to be able to kill an Aramitama with a single shot? Uh, that doesn't sound too feasible, at least unless there's some massive power imbalance at play here...

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 28, 2018, 09:10:31 pm »

"So, I'll just come right out and say it, this isn't likely to happen." Shef waved the page in the air. "Unless you got killed by a kinda shit Aramitama, this ain't gonna happen. You're not going to both be able to survive an ambush and win in one shot. Winning in one shot isn't a small feat in itself. Certainly couldn't do it myself, main person I know who might be able to is a teammate. Still up in the air whether it's gone in one hit for said teammate, but if an attack hits there's gonna be a lot of pain. Problem is, I could probably just shoot her a few times without any special technique and murder her. That amount of raw destructive power comes at something of a price. Opposite would be true if you wanted to absolutely guarantee survival, probably wouldn't be able to exert a huge amount of offensive pressure."

Shef paused, raising a hand to indicate he wasn't done as he thought. "Other stuff here is. . .fine. Gives me some idea of scheduling, what level of hurt you're willing to take to learn. But, far as goals go, we'll need something better, something more attainable in the near future. I've seen you provide fire support on a mission. Was that a primary or side application of your abilities?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 09:25:05 pm by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 28, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »

Shef
"P-primary! (I think)"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:40 pm »

"Good. I've got a mission Friday, and I could use some fire support. If you're willing to tag along, that'd be great. You'll be working on learning intel gathering, and training general firepower. Spot the threats before they spot you and they're that much less threatening, right?"

"It's a bodyguard assignment for a fancy party, need two other people to help out, not from my main team. Anyway, if no conflict comes up on the mission, I'll try to figure out something direct combat oriented that we can meet up and do Saturday." He'd check with Rosario whether he could get clearance to use that sparring room, or see whether the AIs knew any place nearby. "Payment is up to you. Monetary, resources, connections, up to you. Your choice pretty much, just be sure to name it before the mission. No vague undefined debts."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:33 pm »

Shef
"S-sure! D-do we k-know who might attack?"

Quote from: Rosario
I'll see if I can't book one for you.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 28, 2018, 09:34:40 pm »

"Monstrosities apparently. Attracted to the client because of some destiny manipulation stuff, and the client is currently unable to fight so we need to make sure she makes it through the party and back home. I think. Gonna get a briefing before the event too."

"That's all I've got for now. Though before you go, tell me, what type of gun are you using right now?"

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 285