Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210845 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Broken Symmetries
« Reply #2415 on: September 28, 2018, 09:39:32 pm »

Shef
"I-it's a rifle, er, cannon. Rifle-cannon thing... it fires drills and i-if I anchor it, it gets bigger..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 28, 2018, 09:44:27 pm »

"Alright." That told him nothing really except that she'd be more effective in a stationary position. "Can you summon it in here? If not, what's the range like? Rate of fire? Recoil? Volume too, that's important." It would be important to determine whether she'd be best suited to designated marksman roles, sniper roles, or something more along the lines of antimaterial or artillery. Seemed to be the latter, but best to check.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 28, 2018, 10:04:09 pm »

Shef
"Um, um, it's um, yes I can, it's really long range, semi-automatic? Recoil is high un-unless it's anchored... W-what do you mean by volume?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 29, 2018, 05:59:00 am »

"Volume! How loud is it? Can I stick you in a hotel room and have you shoot someone without waking up everyone in the hotel? Without people reporting that multiple bombs went off there?" Most likely a suppressor of the variety Yuki had provided would suffice, but Shef needed to know if he had to get one before Friday, or if she summoned the weapon with an inbuilt one, or something else more unusual.

"Anyway. You can summon it? Do so now.
". . .Please."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 29, 2018, 06:13:04 am »

Shef
"I-it's really loud"
She conjures her regalia, it's this rugged gun noticeably lacking a physical scope and far closer in general construction to an artillery piece than a rifle, with a barrel heavy enough you could easily crack a skull with it (if you could even swing it) and wide enough you could stick your damn forearm down it. When Hanako anchors it, the entire thing just expands into, well basically, it's bigger, it's badder, and it's got a mechanical anchoring system that seems to magically integrate it into the apartment around it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:25:05 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 29, 2018, 07:53:40 am »

"Okay, yeah, what I thought. This is an artiller piece, not a gun. Good for the upcoming mission. Not sure whether I can get something to actually quiet it down a bit. . .worst comes to worst you can just desummon it and phase out through the floor or something." It was, to be honest, a very nice weapon. It was of course regalia, and those tended to be rather nice and durable, but this was still seemed an unusually nice piece.

"Not changing my earlier opinion, probably not going to be taking Aramitama out in one shot with this. But you shouldn't need to, given the nature of the weapon. Allows you to strike a number of times before they even get in range." A thought popped into his mind, a specific technique that might be possible with a weapon like this. Not useful against anything but a stationary foe, and not possible unless one had an extreme ballistic intuition and precise timing, but it might be possible. "Can you control muzzle velocity, and can you consistently make the projectiles ignore air resistance, for say, ten shots in twenty seconds?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 29, 2018, 07:56:25 am »

Shef
"Yes, and s-sort of. I-if I phase it out i-it won't suffer air resistance, b-but it's k-kinda tiring to do..."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 29, 2018, 08:05:57 am »

"Fine, not strictly necessary. Though if you could cause it to ignore only air resistance, at less exertion, that'd be optimal. Might be able to find some enchantment or augmentation that might be able to do it too. In any case, should still work, albeit less reliably with wind factored in. The idea I had was simply making a number of shots, fired separately, but timed and angled to strike at once. Lob high velocity ones into the stratosphere at an extreme angle early on, and fire fairly low angle shots later on, muzzle velocity adjusted as necessary. Increased alpha strike capability, though it's best against stationary targets."

"Just an idea anyway. For now, I don't need anything else. Before Friday need you to tell me your max range in meters, if possible, or the maximum range you were capable of testing before then. Additionally, size of five shot groupings at different ranges, gun anchored and held freely. Oh, and the time you took to make each of the five shot groups. I. . . I think that's all. Anything else you need before you go?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 29, 2018, 08:10:37 am »

Shef
"L-longest I've done was 1 km... I-I think I can hit the same spot with all five i-if I don't panic... I-I think it was um, 46 seconds?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 29, 2018, 08:17:57 am »

"Oh." That was unexpectedly precise. Now what though? He needed something to assign. . .

"Well, if you can, test out shots at 2 km. You'll be able to match ranges with the best non-awakened snipers then. And with what's essentially an artillery piece, you could probably get up to something like 10 km eventually. Need a good way of spotting at that distance, but it's certainly feasible. Uhm, since you've already got that info down though, if you can't find a time or place to test longer ranges. . . just go down to: " Shef named a location in downtown Sendo, not near the busiest bustling center, but not far from it. "Tell me what you think the best positions for you to set up would be and why, report back in two days at most."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: September 29, 2018, 08:25:36 am »

Shef
"O-okay!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 29, 2018, 08:31:31 am »

"Good, thank you. You can go now, have a good night." One person down. Leone'd probably overheard somewhat, so he'd just ask her in a few minutes. Evi. . . he'd probably need to contact her via the AI. Sooner rather than later, in case she was busy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: September 29, 2018, 08:34:37 am »

Shef
"B-bye!"
Hanako starts walking towards the wall before stopping herself, and seemingly realizing she was about to commit a faux par, proceeds to leave through the door.

It appears that in her panic she forgot to open the door and just phased through again.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: September 29, 2018, 08:42:55 am »

Hmm. Bad habit. Only in terms of courtesy, I guess? Shef was unable to find any real problem with the action though. She'd used the door at least, and it wasn't like she'd come in via that method. . .It was fine.

The man stepped over to the kitchen, and, leaning against the wall on the threshold of the room, said, "You overhear any of that?"

"Was wondering if you could help out on Friday."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:06 am »

Shef
"I can pretend I didn't."
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 285