Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208140 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Broken Symmetries
« Reply #2445 on: October 02, 2018, 08:32:29 am »

Shef gave a small grin. That was better, no need for any pointless formality. Though. . . the challenge indicated it would be a battle to first blood. With Jack-O's smoky form, that would be rather difficult to tell. Or maybe he couldn't bleed in the smoke state, which would be tedious. He'd lay off the offense immediately. Perhaps he should press right now, but the man getting behind cover was no

Shef will attempt to use a nonhyper portal to mark some of the shots as "return to sender", and set up a cached portal [3 Gauge]. Action amount [2 Gauge]
((OOC: Shef himself is near a pillar right? If the hall is symmetrical at least, he set himself up across from Jack-O' back when he was leaning against a pillar, and Shef hasn't moved from that spot))
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 02, 2018, 08:46:25 am »

Shef
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Plastic Night II]

Portal cached you take a couple shots, but only the first one really hurt, hard to tell how much damage your foe took as they dived behind the pillar. You take cover behind your own pillar.

Now what? Well, now Jack-O' starts making a break for the next pillar along his side of the room, tossing a grenade towards you.

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jack-O's Perspective (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:08:32 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: October 02, 2018, 08:57:47 am »

It was almost certainly a silly idea, but for some reason, the first thought that came to mind for Shef was to shoot the grenade. And in a pitched battle, it was often best to go with the quickest reaction, and try to make it work, even if it wasn't the best choice.

Shef will attempt to shoot the grenade in the air, as soon after it leaves Jack's hand as possible. Stay close to the pillar and be ready duck back behind. Action amount [3 Gauge]
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: October 02, 2018, 09:09:55 am »

Shef

You aim your gun and fire a sngle bullet. The bullet slams into the casing, and punches into the grenade, sending it flying backwards. Guess this one isn't sensitive to shock. But assuming you didn't destroy the detonator...

"<SON OF A BITCH!>"

...it will still go off right in his lap.

Well the motherfucker in the smoke is now stuck in a cloud of debris so visibility has gotten even worse. Still he doesn't sound like he took that one too well.

"Grr... let's see you try this on for size!"

There's another blast in the debris cloud, something slamming against the ground, another plume of debris rising as Jack-O'lunges from the debris towards you. Well, sorta lunges, guy's noticeably limping a bit. It'll take some time to close the gap, but he's not just going for a straight charge, he's tossing two at you this time with a bit of the spread to them and aimed at the ground. When they hit the ground, both seem to suddenly speed up and bounce at quite different angles.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:11:48 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: October 02, 2018, 09:39:53 am »

Things were not going terribly, quite the opposite for now. But the grenades were a pain, if Jack's exclamation was anything to go by, so Shef knew he'd best avoid them.
"Not going to be enough." He grunted, without thinking. Normally he wouldn't have said anything, why waste the breath? But he'd said it for some reason.

Shef uses Room to Breathe [2 Gauge] to head out and around to the left of Jack (from Shef's pov), and fires a few shots. One at least each in general head area, torso, and limbs. Action amount [2 Gauge]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:49:30 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: October 02, 2018, 10:04:15 am »

Shef

You quickly portal around as the pillar behind explodes and absolutely just riddle the guy with bullets. Okay that's it, it'd definitely a trick. The bullets just moved straight the guy and this time he isn't even trying to dodge.

You hear two pings of metal. The first comes from something rushing forwards from your front right. The second noise however came further from your right just barely angled behind you. Jack-O' now lunges towards you. Well "Jack-O'".

There's two of them. A figure of smoke rushing forwards to strike you down with its fists of fury, and the other one, the young man dressed in black and barely even scratched, rushing out of the debris firing at your legs with another uzi.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:13:20 am by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 02, 2018, 10:49:53 am »

"...I'm sorry?" Yuki says, almost a question, but she does finish getting dressed. "I don't know what I did but I'm sorry about it... I wanted to talk, but I guess you probably don't want to talk to me..."

Barring Noriko's response changing this, she would head out of the room.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 02, 2018, 12:02:21 pm »

As he hopped through the final portal in his series, Shef became aware of two things. The first was the the doubles that Jack had, and the positions. He wasn't surrounded, but the man had essentially claimed a third of the room, with two sources of danger in the metallic pings. The pillar had exploded, so they probably weren't the grenades. There was certainly a possibility that he was setting up more doubles. Didn't make sense with the pings, but something to consider. The second fact was how much the battle had escalated in a matter of seconds. If Shef wanted to win this, he needed pressure enough to push Jack off his tempo before he really got going, if the man hadn't already.

He pulled the conceptual pin on his portal, drawing up a defense against the Uzi and perhaps the smoke figure charging him, and aimed a shot.

Use cached portal, try to get a sense of whether there's anything visible in the directions of the two metallic pings, and use Tracer[R]. Attempt to direct it through the smoke figure and then the man in black in sequence, detonating when the bullet runs up against significant resistance. If there's no significant resistance in either, and nothing exceptional is visible at the sites of the two metallic pings, detonate the bullet between the smoke and physical figure. [3 Gauge]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: October 02, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »

Faith opened her mouth... and then her face slowly turned an interesting shade of red, the blonde half-American rapidly relinquishing her grip on her boyfriend, her arms moving instead to cover her blushing face. ”Oh my God... I can’t believe I didn’t think about that, stupid things, augh, sorry, that’s embarrassing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 02, 2018, 04:16:13 pm »

Shef

You open the portal sending the bullets away as you tr and get a read on the flashes. Well, it's not hard to figure it out because you're immediately struck from both sides by spinning rings of metal. The first strikes you in the hand, throwing off your aim, not that it matters with the nature of what you were going to fire, the second strikes you in the spine, tearing open your jacket and shirt.

They were grenade pins! He had thrown those grenades as a diversion! He had used the pins as a delayed attack! Was this Jack-O's plan all along?

[Now Playing: I'm in Control]

Both figures rush towards you, quickly closing the gap. As the figure of smoke brings their fist towards your face, you pull the trigger.

The shot was completely off thanks to that pin attack. Doesn't matter. You portal it right through the smoke figure. Guess that really is immaterial. Next try - the man in the suit. Impact. He's real. This is gonna hurt for both of you.

The tracer detonates as the second blow from the smoke-like figure sends you crumpling to the ground.

The blast hurls both of your further down the room, landing hard on the ground. This time the guy definitely felt it.

"Shef! Check your left pocket! Is that your card?"

Your left pocket? In your left pocket, there is a grenade. The pin has already been pulled.

"Go!「Deep Purple」!"

The smoke figure reappears, aiming to settle things with another series of strikes.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:16:45 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Jack-O's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #2455 on: October 02, 2018, 04:28:02 pm »

"Ah, fuck." This was gonna hurt.

Shef creates a portal under himself, twisting over as quickly as possible into it so that he'll fall on Jack, grenade between the two of them. He'll try to stab Jack with his exo-arm knife as a bit of insurance. "Hey! Look over there!" hyper [1 Gauge], Action amount, [3 Gauge]. 1 Resolve to brace for the explosion. Basically, give the man a hug, he needs it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:32:02 pm by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 02, 2018, 04:49:36 pm »

Shef

[Now Playing: I'm in Control]

As Deep Purple rushes forth to strike you down, you portal ontop of its master.

He grins. You can't see him grin, but you can just hear it in his voice.

"Whatever I do, you try to turn it against me. I can't predict you Shef, but I can get close enough! This is it! <Checkmate!>"

There's an explosion. But it's not from the grenade, it's from Jack-O's chest, a directed blast hurling you away into the air. And then the grenade goes off, sending a piece of shrapnel right into your leg and basically just ruining your trousers.

You feel blood trickle down your leg. You've lost.

What the hell was that? Right before that first blast the straps on his chest disengaged. Was it another hidden weapon? You never did see him carrying those uzis and grenades when you walked in. Did he have a claymore strapped to his chest the whole time too?

"Good fight."

Jack-O' begins heading over, taking out a healing potion and offering it to you. No, you see it now. They had something far deadlier than a claymore - a pair of breasts. All this time, you were fighting a Keijo practitioner.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:20:33 am by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2457 on: October 02, 2018, 05:07:12 pm »

Noriko continued to sit in silence, except for her breathing, as Yuki left. She felt bad for making Yuki feel that way - it was strange to hear the girl deflate so - but she couldn't have managed a reply without breaking down anyway. Explaining would have just made the issue worse. Why did this keep happening? Why did everyone seem to think this was so funny? Dealing with this, on top of worrying about Kouta, worrying that she was going to ruin his life by trying to help him, it was starting to just be too much.

She eventually stood up and changed into her own uniform, hoping that the customers took her unwillingness to talk for her just playing her character, and headed out.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 02, 2018, 05:26:53 pm »

"Agreed, good battle." Shef nodded, taking the potion gratefully. He, somewhat luckily, noticed the breasts before drinking the potion, because he might have choked otherwise.

". . . Ohh. Keijo?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 02, 2018, 05:34:53 pm »

Shef
Jack-O' drinks her own potion.

"Yeah, I actually came here to learn more from Master o-Shiri, and figured I might as well try my hand against one of her teammates first. Say, was there any trick to that exploding bullet, or are you just that quick with those portals?"
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 285