Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208255 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Jack-O's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #2460 on: October 02, 2018, 05:49:19 pm »

"Right. I'll mention you to her, if you'd like. The tracer? Just speed with the portals. The fact that I control it means it's less reactive than some other stuff, so it can be a bit quicker. Mainly meant for getting dodgey bastards, but I didn't really know whether you had physical presence at that point, whether you were capable of making more than one minion, and it seemed an adequate way to test."

He shrugged. "You in a rush to be anywhere, or what? Got some questions of my own if you can disclose any of your tricks. The grenade pins, specifically. Just, what was up with those?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 02, 2018, 06:12:18 pm »

Shef
"Damn that got me good. I'm in no hurry."
She pulls out a small coin and Deep Purple appears, balancing it on its finger. The coin begins to spin, faster and faster, gaining a certain radiance to it. You've seen that radiance before.

"It's a keijo technique. A「Perfected Vacuum Butt Cannon」produces「Ripples」that will continue even if the butt strike is stopped. It doesn't look like it, but「Deep Purple」is constantly spinning and producing more of these ripples. If I transfer these ripples into something I can control them. And..." Deep Purple flicks the coin into a pillar, blasting a sizeable crater into it "It can do a lot of damage."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 02, 2018, 06:56:31 pm »

"Guessing there's a limit on how much you can output? Otherwise, I'd think a bag of marbles would be a bit more threatening, with the quantity."

"What's with the name? Deep Purple?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 02, 2018, 07:50:05 pm »

Shef
"Yeah, rate's limited. There are some marble tricks I can do but they don't work against people like you who don't rely on evasion. It's a band name, I just did it since some of the other people with these guardian spirit types do the same thing."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 02, 2018, 08:02:13 pm »

"Weird. How quick did you catch on to the whole throwing everything back at you thing? Definitely relied on that far too much. Might be a result of fighting a lot of enemies relying more on power than strategy, and as a result of fighting in a team?" It was really consistent in retrospect, to the point of being kind of embarassing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 02, 2018, 08:52:31 pm »

Shef
"You stood in the open even when you attacked me pre-emptively, you fired my own bullets back at me, and you made no attempt to dodge. That's not something normal people do so casually. I figured that was your style, and I figured if you had a defense that good, you'd use it often. Tested that theory with the first grenade. You suddenly coming at my side was unexpected but it still fit the countering pattern. I wasn't that sure about it when I told you that, but it was my best shot and I figured calling it out might throw you off."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 03, 2018, 06:16:31 am »

"Definitely would have worked even without the call out. At that point, well you already had me there. The grenade in the pocket really threw everything off. Was a good trick."

"Well, I've got nothing else, so I'm gonna head out if that's alright. If you're willing, care for a rematch sometime? Curious how well those tricks work on second showings."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 03, 2018, 08:06:03 am »

Faith opened her mouth... and then her face slowly turned an interesting shade of red, the blonde half-American rapidly relinquishing her grip on her boyfriend, her arms moving instead to cover her blushing face. ”Oh my God... I can’t believe I didn’t think about that, stupid things, augh, sorry, that’s embarrassing.
Minato reaches out to pat her on the shoulder comfortingly.
"It's alright. Just....y'know, I'm not used to.....cute girls hugging me willingly."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 03, 2018, 09:29:50 am »

Shef
"Anytime."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 03, 2018, 01:44:15 pm »

Faith muttered something incomprehensible and still a bit mortified, but then she moved her hands from her face and wrapped one arm around Minato’s shoulders and slowly leaning back into him... albeit no longer pressing into him with her chest. ”Eheh... well... it is nice to get to hug you. These... things can be so embarrassing, though.”

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 04, 2018, 04:54:39 am »

"It's.....fine. If it's any consolation, I'm a little new to this stuff myself, you know?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 04, 2018, 11:12:44 pm »

For some reason Faith seems to find Minato’s words extremely amusing. ”Ehehehehehe, ehehe, ehe, Minato, I’m not sure you got what I meant. But, um, nevermind that. Sakurako still hasn’t shown up...”

Faith pulled out her comm, palming it and speaking lowly into it.
”<Winter, uh, gosh, I guess prying into personal stuff probably isn’t your job, but in these circumstances... do you know if Sakurako is doing something other than school today? I was hoping to see her, because... well, you know.>”
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:27:53 pm by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 05, 2018, 12:13:15 am »

Faith
"<Sakurako is still undergoing rehabilitation. She will not returning to school just yet. If you want to see her, go to Yoake's gym after school, she has been registered to undertake Keijo lessons to help her control her powers.>"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 05, 2018, 02:28:10 am »

Faith paused for several seconds before speaking up in a quieter tone, hesitantly. ”<Um, look, Winter? Is there anywhere else I could go to see her, or get a visitation time or something? I... would really not like to go to Yoake’s gym if I can avoid it. It would be, well, it would be pretty uncomfortable.>”

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 05, 2018, 03:28:28 am »

Faith
"<You could drop by the Eisenberg Health facility.>"
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 285