Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210652 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Harvest
« Reply #2535 on: November 17, 2018, 11:47:37 pm »

"Right."

He pulled out his phone, checking first the wifi connection, whether that was password protected, and secondly, checking the website for the venue to get any information that had been posted about the event. He'd checked before, but something things might appear at the last minute. Specifically, in describing the event, is there public information about attendees both specific and general, and are times publicly listed and such.

"You done this before or anything?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:03:10 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 18, 2018, 02:47:05 am »

"Ah, haha...!" Faith coughed out a laugh. That hadn't gone perfectly, as her being collapsed on the ground would attest, but it could certainly have gone far worse than it did -- and it looked like the whole Doki Doki Radiation thing really was as effective as advertised. That was nice. But the way she was now... it didn't make sense, she hadn't actually been hit herself... but she was touching ground without wheat, it was apparently a trap, and the drones were trying to "M-Minato, it's the ground! The bare ground, it-- drains you in some way, you need to get to another patch of wheat!" Faith, meanwhile, tried to do that herself, activating a Leap of Apollo with the goal of simply launching herself into a wider area of wheat.

Faith uses Leap of Apollo to evade the drones and get into the wheat! Alteration to 4.
World Line: 3-->4 4 6 6 2 1 1 5 6 4

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2537 on: November 18, 2018, 03:36:24 am »

"Oh." She supposed it was nice enough, though she would have liked some chance to get ready. Change clothes, maybe shower, clean up a little. She wasn't the neatest person in the world, if only due to not having the time. "You guys brought me furniture? Thanks."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 18, 2018, 07:25:15 am »

Shef
No authentication on the free wifi, the event isn't publicly listed, guess it must be invite only.

"I've been in the ballpark."

Noriko
"Would you like help moving them up, or should we just leave them here?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 18, 2018, 07:32:04 am »

"I see. Let's go find the security office, see what the current procedures are. You could easily carry the client if it came to it, right?"
Shef headed back down from the catwalk, before considering how to find the head of security. There had to be someone who'd gotten them in without questions, right? He'd make his way to whatever security station they might have passed on the way in, and ask to talk to the head of security from there.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2540 on: November 18, 2018, 05:08:13 pm »

"I should be able to get it all myself. You guys already went through the trouble of buying it all. . ." Still, she didn't sound particularly resolute in her words; she really did want help, but figured she should at least attempt to refuse out of politeness.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 18, 2018, 05:10:49 pm »

"Tch. Damn it!"
The ground underneath him was barren. No time to waste. He didn't have weapons. Not yet. He needed to stay on the move. No time to fortify.

He had to get out of here before they drained the life from his body. He had to get to Faith. Priorities, priorities. Faith, then himself, then these fools.

They weren't going to stop him from doing what he needed to.
Activate Gate of the Grand Arsenal. Use two of the newly gained weapons to immediately blast Minato towards Faith's area of the wheat, while using the other projected shields and Rho Aias to cover Minato's escape and block off the barrages from above and the side.
[[5] 1 [5] 3 1 2 2 4 1 2]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 18, 2018, 06:52:23 pm »

Shef
"Yes."

The head of security, a well built though evidently aging man addresses you without much fanfare. "So you're the contractor eh? Nice arm, that one of those newfangled gizmos they're making out there? Looks like something from a movie. Anyway, yeah I'm the head of security, the event's above my paygrade though, got some other contractors handling it. Us? We're just following the procedures we get in the email. I can get you a copy if you want."

Noriko
"No really, it's no trouble, it'd be a bit um, rude right to just drop this off at your door step, right?"
"Don't worry about us, we got magic to help us carry it now, don't we? Come,「Dschinghis Khan」" (Vendelin)
And with that his guardian spirit appears again, hefting up the awfully large box by his side.

"KILL." "KILL." "KILL."
The plushie also casually toss their boxes up into the air and catch them, looking rather comical at that given how small they looked in comparison.

Faith and Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: RISE]

Minato, blast off, the scythe glancing off of Rho Aias. Wide sweeps dispersed force over an awfully large area, it's pretty terrible for breaking shields. A pick-like strike on the other hand? That could be problematic, and this damn inversion, it's like it's purpose built to bypass your defenses. ...It very well could be. Inversion to bypass and drain, frost and bolt to pin and entrap, a scythe swung like a pick as a killing blow. Yes, there is now doubt about it, this is not a chance encounter, this is an assassination attempt.

Your armored boot touches down on the barren ground. Your strength begins to drain. Gravity magic. Angled towards the center line of each barren region. Makes it harder to escape, harder to fly over. No matter, you kick off again, leaping over the threshold. Faith's blast sends her diving under you as you raise your shield, blocking both arrow barrages from above while the floating shields spin into place against the arcane bolts. You need to keep moving, these attacks are going to tear away the wheat around you, and leave you both back at square one.

Hmm... the wheat... the wheat caught in your blasts are gone. They're affected by your attacks too. But this barren earth does not impair its master.

The lights in the convenience store across the street begin to flicker. On and off. On and off. Until it appears. Modular design. Metallic body, scavenged mostly. Mimics the form of its maker. Black chassis with three white stripes running down its legs. Blood red plating mimicking a coat. Armored. Broad shouldered. Imposing. Its "face" resembling a gasmask with a single rebreather cylinder angled to the side, rotating idly with puffs of cigarette smoke. With one hand it raises its weapon, an awfully large rifle cannon, rugged with the faintest traces of the kalashnikov, its distant ancestor. A metallic talon wraps around the trigger.

[Now Playing: Metro]

The brilliant bolt streaks forth from the barrel, multicolored wisps of light trailing its volatile pulsating form to the tune of its internal beat, the blast streaking cleaving through the field between you and the assassin.

Oh no.

Oh no.

Not this asshole again.

You hear his voice now, that familiar accent now-twisted through the automaton's speakers, giving it a cold metallic edge. "Halt! That is my target."

". . ."

The wounded Aramitama continues limping forwards towards you.

"I said halt! Do you not hear me Блять?"

". . ."

Beneath the hat she glares at it, breathing labored, shadowy fissures beginning to open in her form as the radiation cooks her from the inside. She crouches low, readying to lunge.

"This is your final warning. Stand down, or I will cut you down."

"I'd like to see you try."

Chimes A and B hammer your shields with arcane gatling fire, circling above in a loose formation. C hangs back, maintaining one of the frost circles. D opens fire on the automaton. The sense of dread returns now, stronger than ever. This is it. She's running out of time, whatever Faith did, it's frying her from the inside, black blood is leaking from her eyes, from her mouth. She's unsteady, she's tried. But she still has her trump card, that trap, and whatever it is, you've the feeling that now is the time for her to use it.

She staggers forwards, going for another quick horizontal slash, and then well, you have the sinking feeling that a very bad thing is going to happen. You're, honestly not sure if you'll be able to avoid it, whatever it is. Your instincts are screaming at you to run. But well, that's clearly not an option now. Looks like whatever she does, you'll just have to take it head on and kill her after.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:55:48 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 18, 2018, 07:27:41 pm »

"Yes." Shef nodded a little impatiently as the man asked whether he wanted the email, then slowed down somewhat. There was no rush, no reason to be rude or aloof. Just a guy trying to do his job. "Yes, please."

"Contractor company names would be appreciated too, if possible, some way to get into contact with them. So, how many guys you have here normally?" Shef wondered if the email might reveal any of this, but it didn't hurt him to make some small talk.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2544 on: November 18, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »

Noriko nodded. "Alright." She picked up whatever was nearby, eyebrow raising briefly at the mononoke. It wasn't really that shocking for them to be a lot more physically powerful than they looked - most teenage girls couldn't crack concrete with a punch, after all - but it was still incongruous to see. "I apologize in advance for the mess, it's been hectic the last few days." She made sure to get out ahead of the rest of the group, so she could properly lead them to and into the room.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 18, 2018, 09:06:09 pm »

On one hand, Faith got the distinct feeling that this scythe woman was going to use some sort of super awful death move or something -- but on the other that radiation really really had done its job well, so she was daring to actually feel pretty optimistic about dealing with her. Still, she did maybe have a time limit; if the Aramitama could get the attack off, it was gonna suck. "MINATO I'M GONNA HIT HER WITH A GIANT LASER!" And that's exactly what Faith aimed to do, firing off a beam of particularly intense, blinding bright yellow-pink energy in the direction of the weakened Aramitama.
Faith uses a Lucky Sunbeam, Alteration to 6, Doki Doki that sumbitch
World Line: 4-->6 6 6 2 1 1 6 4 5 4
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:25:25 pm by Powder Miner »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 18, 2018, 09:08:31 pm »

"Ooooh, are you a vampire? You look like a vampire. Are you doing something evil? Magic ritual circles drawn in blood are usually a bad sign."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 18, 2018, 11:06:33 pm »

Shef
"Sure, you got an email, or d'you want a print out? Our firm assigns up to sixty people here if the event's real crowded, usually less though, this place is busy but not that busy. The company's Praetorian Security, little more specialized for protecting VIPs and the like, guess they figured all the politicians and business people here might be a juicy target. Going with a four man team for this I hear, there's not that many people, hundred or so, it's a private event after all."

Noriko
"KILL."

Okay so you end up leading everyone into the safehouse proper.
"Huh, spacious." (Fleur)

Aight so anyway, everyone ends up unpacking the boxes and here's what you get:
  • From Mary: Uh, she just gave you a prepaid credit card. "I um, didn't know what you were missing so maybe you could buy what you want with this?"
  • From Vendelin: Cooking utensils and an appliance that looked like the illegitimate offspring that came out of a sizzlingly erotic orgy between a microwave oven, a regular oven, a refrigerator, and a series of pigeon-holes. The instruction manual honestly looks more like a magical tome than anything else. "From another 'realm'. It can store food for a long time and cook or freeze it for you, site said it can keep produce fresh for months. I'll be honest I'd loved to have gotten one for myself but it needs a magical power supply and so it needs a leyline like this or someone to stand next to it all day." (Vendelin)
  • From Fleur: Half a box of uh, anti-Yoake weaponry, an 'ecch-a-sketch', a personal force field generator, and a pillow with "Yes" on one side and "No" on the other. "Enjoy." (Fleur) "The field's very weak so it won't help in battle, but you can cover parts of yourself with it like a glove." (Vendelin)
  • From Evi: A dinner table, two desks, a few chairs. All pretty functional and utilitarian. "Hope you're okay with the designs."
  • From the Mononoke: Eight ornamental suits of knightly armor to decorate your home, each wielding an oversized piece of candy as a blunted weapon. Close inspection reveals that they uh, have zips on their back and are filled with synthetic stuffing. The zips and a few bits appear to be recent additions, built over precision rifts in the armor with some internal components(?) of the armor showing signs of modification to allow them to be posed. Um. You're beginning to think that these aren't decorative suits of armor so much as they're things they killed, stuffed, and mounted. "KILL." "KILL." "KILL."
  • From Elly: A kotatsu, a bin, a heater, a toaster, and throw pillow depicting uh... you're guessing it's some sort of hindu god wearing sunglasses and giving the thumbs up. "Just don't let them all touch." Um, okay?

Yuki
"But is it a crime?"
Hey remember those weirdass paint things you fought with Tamuras and Pia? Well four of the big ones round the corner, looking rather battered. Noticing the circle, they immediately ready to pre-empt and defend, which unfortunately for them, they're a little too busy doing that to notice the shadows rising up from their feet to grab them and start dragging them down into the pavement. With an off-handed gesture he conjures a small flame in his hand and drops an ember into the pool of darkness, detonating it in a pillar of flame. There really isn't much left after that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:53:07 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 18, 2018, 11:28:31 pm »

Shef gave the man an email address, one of a few that he tried to check reasonably often. "Thanks. Do you have a number or a way I could contact the contractors?"

After receiving the email, Shef stayed in the room to read it. If there was any laxness in following the instructions, he could hopefully catch it out now. But the man seemed professional enough, that was unlikely.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:30:05 pm by Strider03 »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2549 on: November 19, 2018, 12:09:27 am »

Noriko looked at the gifts laid out around the entryway of her room, and tried to resist the urge to sigh. She appreciated the thought, she really did, but. . . really, Fleur? Not to mention the dead constructs. Elly and Evi at least brought relatively normal gifts, though she couldn't help but worry about what the hell would happen if they touched. She didn't plan on keeping them close together, but with her luck. . . "Uh, thanks everyone." The prepaid card would be helpful, too; though she wasn't sure just how much money was on it. She felt a little strange, really; all of her furniture had been scavenged or scrounged for, so it was odd to have so much of it dumped on her.

Noriko shook her head. No, this was nice. "Do you guys want snacks or anything? I didn't really cook anything in advance, but I could make up something quick. Er, maybe with the normal oven, though, I'm not really sure how to work this. . . new thing yet."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 285