Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210638 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Extreme Stair Climbing
« Reply #2595 on: November 22, 2018, 08:16:08 pm »

Shef
Okay so after a bit of a hassle with a giant headless bird spontaneously existing in the middle of an event hall surrounded by a security detail with varying states of injury and drenched in varying quantities of blood and giblets, y'all eventually make it back to Victoria's apartment for the debrief.

"My sincerest apologies for all the trouble I've caused. There are two questions I must ask however: what will buy your silence, and what will buy your continued service?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 22, 2018, 08:50:13 pm »

"Silence. . .To whom, and how much? I'm not going to just sell a client's information out. I do have principles." There could be a number of possibilities as to what she meant by silence, Shef believed. It might be that she did not want the events to be mentioned even in passing to those involved, that she just didn't want him reporting to the AI or specific people, or that she wanted not a word spoken even to those on the mission, in hopes of thwarting some form or surveillance.

"As far as future service goes, don't know what I can really agree to. I asked Evi and Hanako to help out for just this one event, we're not an organized team or anything, and I've got my main job in addition. I'd need to know a bit more about what's expected with that. Just events every so often, whether they're scheduled long in advance, if you'll always need a group around this size. . ." He trailed off. Shef was fine with this, he was pretty sure, but apparently he'd been under the wrong impression. He'd thought it more just a kind of test, a way to get his name out there with powerful people backing him up. Granted, the danger had been very real, so he was probably wrong, but it still caught him slightly off guard, and it showed a bit.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: November 22, 2018, 09:29:19 pm »

Shef
"The precise details of my condition must remain secret, at least, to those in this room and the AIs, lest something else take advantage of my weakness to unbind the beasts."

She nods gently to your response.

"It seems that waiting as we have been is no longer an option. Soon enough the rest will attack too, and so increases the risk of exposure. It would be prudent then to schedule these and hunt down the beasts first and slay them on our own terms. I-I would understand if you do not wish to continue, you have all done more than enough for me as it stands, and I hope that I can repay you for this."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 22, 2018, 10:04:57 pm »

"That's fine, not going to need a bribe to keep quiet about this." That felt a bit insulting, if he was honest.

"Now, if you really want me to stay on. . .I'd personally be willing conditional on talking to the AI about how the scheduling would go. Don't know about anyone else though, except maybe Leone. You haven't got anything better to do, right? Even so, not going to promise away your services. . . Anyway, for teams of this size, you'll need to be willing for me to swap out if necessary, bringing in other people I trust if Evi, Hanako, or Leone are busy with their own lives." He watched the other members of the team expectantly, to see if they had any input.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 22, 2018, 10:14:00 pm »

Shef
"I understand."

"Of course, your cross is mine to share." Yeah no thanks, the help is enough; you don't want to be sharing any cross with her, especially given that you've just seen what she does with them.

"I'll get back to you on that, I'm still new to this whole Godslayer lifestyle." Okay that's fair.

"M-Me too... I-I need to think about about it more (sorry)"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 22, 2018, 10:37:30 pm »

Shef gave the ghost woman a slightly incredulous glance. "What are you apologizing for? You're allowed to straighten out your own life and turn down or wait to give an answer on a commitment like this."

"Now, if that's all?" He trailed of, waiting for confirmation, then continued. "We'll get moving, don't want to overstay the welcome. Thank you for the opportunity again, be sure to remember about the matter we discussed, and we can talk payment then." It wasn't that he didn't trust Victoria, but he simply didn't want to go into this sort of thing blind. He'd talk to the AI and get a feeling for what was a reasonable price. The AI would also be trustworthy sources for letting the others know what the total payment was, so they wouldn't get ripped off. Again, Shef expected no problems of this sort, but it felt right to stick to the old policies when it came to handling money.

Supposing that was indeed all, he'd head home, making sure that those not in his apartment complex (Evi) were accounted for in getting back home.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 22, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »

Shef
"Of course, we shall be in touch."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 22, 2018, 10:47:11 pm »

Yuki
"Well I was grabbing a bagel at a delightful cafe around here, smoked salmon and lettuce, highly recommend it by the way. Then I saw those Mononoke stalking around and I recalled that they're not really friendly to humans and I figured what the hell, I could use the exercise."

"Ok... but that doesn't explain the weird blood circle thing, does it?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 22, 2018, 11:02:30 pm »

Yuki
"Magic."
He twirls a finger, that same blood red light tracing into the air.
"See?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 22, 2018, 11:03:54 pm »

"No, I mean, what's it for?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 22, 2018, 11:12:15 pm »

Yuki
"Well it's a funny thing little miss, if you put a big glowy circle in someone's face, they won't notice what's at their feet. You should try it sometime Yuki."

He smiles, a shadow bat landing in his hand and dissipating, leaving behind a small object. He offers it to you.

"Here's your wallet back."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:14:11 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 23, 2018, 08:29:11 am »

"Thank you for not robbing me..." Yuki said, stepping to the side and looking where she'd been. "But is that really it? It was there before I got here..."
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 23, 2018, 06:41:52 pm »

Yuki
"Well it was never really there to trick you, it was there to trick those mononoke."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:39:30 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 23, 2018, 09:42:42 pm »

"Well, ok then. I gueeeeess I'll believe you. What's your name anyway? I'm Yuki!"
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 23, 2018, 09:48:22 pm »

Yuki
"Shou Yukimura. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 285